The Cornershot!

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

The Cornershot!

Post by Mo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Guys!

Dunno if you've already seen this, but I couldn't find any mention on the forum.

Click Here! to go to the Wiki! The WiKi somehow has better info than the Cornershot site

A Glock mounted on the Cornershot.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: The Cornershot!

Post by sudhaiob » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Hello
the corner shot has already been shown in Discovery Channel's Future Weapons some time back
regs
sudhaiob

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:44 pm

corner shot is almost 60 years old at least. the Nazi did some work on it. still saves getting ur head blown off around the corner. :wink:

Now we can atleast know whats around the corner :roll: :roll:

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:07 pm

The nazi design was a curved barrel, fixed.. guess it could not be used for regular shooting... this one has a sevelling front end.. along with optics for viewing.
klick klack..... diskaon

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm

true.

now with a lcd monitor we can watch our soup programe at the same time.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The Cornershot!

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:36 am

Well, personally I think the corner was an interesting innovation of dubious value right from when it first made its appearance.

Full marks for the creative thinking but I really think it's of not much value in the field. I mean, I don't hear of its actual use too much.

All the massive and complicated bells and whistles just to fire a Glock round a corner? I can imagine the torque generated by the recoil when the gun is fired 90degs to the axis of the frame.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:05 pm

They havent been able to keep the servos too quiet either CC,
major 'hum' from what I saw on the telly...
before worrying about torque, i would worry about a 3 round burst coming my way!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 pm

On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 pm

the idea of the corner shot is very simple one. and very good one. lets us say the idea was to save life in house to house fighting as one wants to see and shoot around the corner.

first periscope was used, to see(still in use) ok i mean not the one in submrines etc. :) same principle.
around the corners then rifle was made to shot around the corners.

we all make fun of the corner shot, :lol: :lol: but unless ur are were or have done FIBUA(fighting in built up area) u may not see the need of such a weapon. wait five years and see how much it has developed

the bottom line is this corner shot is developed to make the armyman life easy.

nagarilfe

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:51 pm

Sure Naga,
FIBUA is a b**ch, and more so with a SA80! ;)
As you can probably attest better than most of us-its the man behind the machine...till then, viva the flash bangs!

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:53 pm

nagarifle";p="38724 wrote:the idea of the corner shot is very simple one. and very good one. lets us say the idea was to save life in house to house fighting as one wants to see and shoot around the corner.

first periscope was used, to see(still in use) ok i mean not the one in submrines etc. :) same principle.
around the corners then rifle was made to shot around the corners.

we all make fun of the corner shot, :lol: :lol: but unless ur are were or have done FIBUA(fighting in built up area) u may not see the need of such a weapon. wait five years and see how much it has developed

the bottom line is this corner shot is developed to make the armyman life easy.

nagarilfe
:)

The problem is it's just too cluttered and involved for the simple expedient of shooting round corners. I think it's role is too specialized to justify more widespread use. ...of course, I can't argue too much against your field experience though :)

Lets wait some years and see what they think up eh?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 pm

C-C
one reason why we don't hear much about it becouse its still going through testing phase.

also not being sold to other countries. some countries also have their own system of corner shots.

FIBUA was lot harder with the SLR as it being long bangstick. also not having auto capcity. :cry:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Naga,
been meaning to ask you-how did you guys adapt to the SLR stock? did they modify it for you guys or what?

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:15 pm

FIBUA was lot harder with the SLR as it being long bangstick. also not having auto capcity. :cry:
In spite of the cribbing, I must say you guys used the SLR to good effect :)

Other than its rather longish size, the SLR, to me is a dependable old war horse...utterly dependable.... but of course as, I understand, a big pain in FIBUA. Thats where the SA80 could score some points over it I suppose.

Where you still drawing shillings when the SA80A2 came into use? If so, do you think the exercise was worth it?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 am

hi eljefe
sorry do not understand ur question. the stock of the slr have not changed since birth apart form wooden and plactic version. and thats what we used.

C-C
the SA80 is compact in design as u are well aware. the length is smaller then slr. the slr was pretty much the weapon perfence(also aks, which not allowed)

SA80 had lots of improvement after i refused to take the queens shilling. since then not used it. so the modifyed ones are better then first ones,

however boys in green still say its full of problems. :cry:

was it worth it. yes and no. yes size is smaller, has semi and full auto , larger meg capicity. :) :)

down side, hard to clean, has ghost stoppeges, dust and sand gets every where. :cry: :cry: