.32 S&W KF vs Imported ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: .32 S&W KF vs Imported ammo

Post by Olly » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Can't say about the .32 ACP, but the .22 LRs fly all over the place and hit everything except the target... :P

I cannot resist myself from the following thoughts... :deadhorse:

Who's who ... your guess is as good as mine... :twisted:

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:48 pm

Guess what did the ammo do to this ARMINIUS revolver...it simply blew the chamber to pieces

OLLY you were simply lucky

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 pm

What happened to the bloke who pulled the trigger :?: Was this caused using IOF ammo :?:
Looks like it's time to pick up a box of imported ammo.
AC whats the rate going these days.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Sanjay wrote:Looks like it's time to pick up a box of imported ammo.
....and stop buying Arminius revolvers.That is Rs 1.75 lakhs down the drain.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:31 pm

penpusher wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Looks like it's time to pick up a box of imported ammo.
....and stop buying Arminius revolvers.That is Rs 1.75 lakhs down the drain.
Just proves that IOF revs & pistols are pretty solid & good val for money in our context,and we continue to bash them,without reason....

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 pm

IOF .32 revolvers may be solid and sturdy but .32s are considered as mouse guns in America.
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:38 pm

goodboy_mentor,

Please read what Sanjay said again.He has qualified his response
Sanjay wrote:in our context
Most,if not all self defense situations would involve engagements at very short ranges.Mouse gun or not,it is a gun.You can get ammo for it and practice which would enable you to use it effectively.Shot placement is everything.A good shot with a .32 is better than a miss with a 700 NE.In the USA where you can get bigger caliber handgun,many very sensible people carry a .32 pistol as a self defense firearm.

If you are looking at a protracted engagement or a firefight,then no handgun is adequate.You need a rifle and preferably a full auto.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 pm

My goodness !!

Another slap on the face of the KF ? The case must've been made of tin sheet, coloured brass... :evil:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:05 am

Olly wrote:My goodness !!

Another slap on the face of the KF ? The case must've been made of tin sheet, coloured brass... :evil:
Who really knows, maybe there was too much "play" in the cylinder due to long term abuse, e.g. the chap was regularly using higher pressure .32 ACP ammo in stead of the .32 S&W Long?

Overly misaligned cylinder... round is fired... unpleasant outcome...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:18 am

Most of the imported firearms in India are too old and way past their prime, in short the responsibility doesn't lie entirely with the ammo, as the chamber and barrel should be able to withstand about 80% more pressure than the intended use.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 am

What about the revolver? A piece of crap to begin with or a shinning example of German engineering?

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 am

LOL penpusher

specially when we have specimens ranging from 19'o'10 to 19'o'60, this would be too optimistic to push all the responsibility on the ammo.
I am sure IOF is not making extreme explosive powder, when they can't make 'kaam chalaoo' barrels ,Physics being much easier than chemistry.

Poor IOF guys are trying hard to upgrade their smoking gunpowder (remember the CST cop shot at terrorists ? it was all smoke..) to smokeless one, let alone the power of their ammo.It is generally at the lower band, owing to the unburnt compounds.

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:56 am

penpusher wrote:

What about the revolver? A piece of crap to begin with or a shinning example of German engineering?

I would rather place my bet on the German engineered Arminius, than the scrappy KF ammunition, any day... :P
We ourselves do not leave any stone unturned to praise Weihrauch for their HW series including airguns.... infact any German product which is built to fineness and perfection. Why should they only single out their revolver and build it to lower standards... maybe they've not taken into consideration the ingenious Indian minds that can ruin their reputation with badly maintaining a piece OR firing ACP rounds in a .32 S&W L....

For stupidity,,, the Germans cannot be held to fault...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:46 am

.32 may not have sufficient energy or stopping power after a certain distance. I know of a case when attacker was shot with .32 from 12 feet, the shot did not penetrate the heart, it stayed half inch from reaching the heart. The result the attacker survived and the defender inside his house got killed with shot from the 12 bore gun of attacker. I think now you would appreciate the importance of stopping power of higher caliber handguns in self defense situations. I know in India we cannot appreciate the value of higher caliber handguns because we do not have much of a choice(grapes are sour :wink: )
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote: I think now you would appreciate the importance of stopping power of higher caliber handguns in self defense situations. I know in India we cannot appreciate the value of higher caliber handguns because we do not have much of a choice(grapes are sour :wink: )
I know of a fellow shot in the chest with a .45,who walked away from the scene,hailed a rickshaw and got himself admitted to a hospital.

I have owned/used a .455 webley,a .38 enfield,9mm IOF,.357 mag at various times.Still feel comfortable with my .32 pistol

-- Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 am --

Olly,

Since you are so enamored of German workmanship,I have a list for you to replace the IOF POS that you have

1.Rohm

2.Erma

3.Arminius