does anyone know length of ejector

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

does anyone know length of ejector

Post by Kittu » Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi guyes i wants to know exect lenth of ejecter in bolt of iof 3006.I was trieng to dissamble bolt but i took out sleeve of ejecter by a punch and as pulled punch back ejecter flew away.i found the spring but couldnt find ejecter.so any ifgn knows the lenth kindly share i will be very thankfull.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: does anyone know length of ejector

Post by Mark » Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 am

Sorry I cannot help you with dimensions but have you tried sweeping all around with a magnet? If you do not have an old magnet just use the magnet from a speaker. Do not try to look for anything just pretend the magnet is a mop and you are cleaning every square inch of the floor.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri May 10, 2013 11:38 am

thanks mark for help.i found it not in the room but out side i dont know how it went there.the length of ejecter is 15mm thanks

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Fri May 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Ashok,

Congratulations on having found the missing ejector.

Thanks for sending me a PM about .250-3000 cartridges. I tried to reply but found your incoming PM facility is blocked. Could you please PM me your mobile number?

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri May 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks miroflex for letting me know my pm facility was blocked .its open now

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri May 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Ashok,

I've been curious to open the IOF 3006 bolt - wanted to know my rifle better and be sure there is no muck damaging the innards of the bolt. I've been advised not to.

Have you managed to put it back together?

Regards,
SS

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi ss you can easyly dissamble bolt of iof 3006 there is no rocket science in it.just take out bolt fro rifle.Bring the bolt in firing mode for ease i say there is a hole on shroud of bolt put a rod or screw drive in hole and rotate it anticlock wise.when you see firing pin out this is firing mode.Now take a piece of rope and wrap around back of firing pin(part that indicates loaded or unloaded rifle) now pull it back with force and while pulling rotate shroud (rear part of bolt painted black) in about half turn and thats done you can repeat reverse to assemble it thanks

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm

here are photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri May 10, 2013 11:31 pm

SS you might want to wear eye protection while you are at it, that spring is under a fair bit of tension and things will tend to fly apart at tremendous velocities if you arent careful.
To Excellence through Diligence.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat May 11, 2013 12:10 am

Hi ss itseems many ifgns knew how to disamble and reasseble the bolt of iof 3006 long ago but none revealed as they see it a partsecracy.WE ARE HERE TOLEARN AND TEACH WE KNOW sokindly show us us the paths in right direction not a puzzeled 8ne thanks

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat May 11, 2013 9:53 am

The tricky part is not disassembly but putting it all together again

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat May 11, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks Ashok for taking the pains to upload the pics along with the process. If u go into the gunsmithing section you can see a separate topic on the iof3006 bolt disassembly. WTP has posted a german video as a response to a query. I understand with so much information on the board it's easy to miss a lot of useful one. My reluctance comes from the practical challenges of putting it back together. Do share if u faced any.

Winnie, Safarigent had recommended against disassembly due the pain of putting into back together. The rest of the rifle is pretty easy to assemble/disassemble once u know the right screw head sizes.

I'll probably give it a shot and post my experience.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am

Hi ss it even simple to assemble only one thing should not do is never take out spring from firig pin.it is sttiff and needs a lot of efferts to put it back.where in dissambly you pulled the firing pin in assambly you have tush shroud and rotate clockwise and its done thanks