Repairing "POOJA 65"

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Repairing "POOJA 65"

Post by diskaon » Tue May 05, 2009 11:02 am

One of my friends showed me an airgun called Pooja 65. Its an Indian make and was quite good to shoot around 5-6 yrs back, after which it was lying in the garage for so many yrs. The airgun is owned by my friends relative and now he has allowed him to take it and use it if he can repair it.

Problem:

While cocking the gun the trigger does not lock. What might be the problem and how can it be solved. Needless to mention there a lot of rust all over the gun..
could this be a DIY project or should we just go to a gunsmith?

diskaon.
klick klack..... diskaon

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Repairing "POOJA 65"

Post by Olly » Tue May 05, 2009 12:38 pm

If I were you, I'd rather go to a gunsmith... because of non-standard parts....

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue May 05, 2009 1:01 pm

The trigger not locking could be due to any one of several reasons, you'll only know the cause once you disassemble to air-rifle. Could be worn out sears, worn out (too soft) trigger spring, wrong main spring (unlikely in this case as it has apparently never been repaired before), internal rust jamming up the mechanism, etc. In the normal course, a complete disassembly, proper cleaning, rust removal, lube (don't overdo it) and replacement of one or more of the following parts - mainspring, piston washer & breech seal should be enough to revive it... The mechanisms are fairly simple and anyone with a slightly mechanical bent should be able to do it quite easily.

Personally I wouldn't bother spending much on this air-rifle, if I could fix it myself I'd do it, else just dump it and get a new Indian make in stead...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi Diskaon,

It seems you had taken the advise of purchasing a new gun. If not will request you to post the pics of the AR. This is first time I ever heard of this name hence the curiosity.

Regards
dh

mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Olly wrote:If I were you, I'd rather go to a gunsmith... because of non-standard parts....
Me too.