Identify this..

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Identify this..

Post by jonahpach » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:18 pm

HOKhay folks I remember seeing a handgun like this captured from a terrorist in a newspaper (was it the times of India??) photo a long time ago during the height of the Punjab insurgency..

But have never seen it again untill..
Can some of our experts help me identify this gun?? or is it some kind of Dara permutation

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Identify this..

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:16 pm

Never seen it....

Looks pretty Darra.... right down to the spurious markings... I could be wrong. Very well made piece though.

Looks also like a short cut. The maker simply skipped all the trouble of machining and fabricating the trigger transfer assembly around a conventional pistol magazine. The front feed seems to simplify things. :)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:01 am

Don't know why but it looks like photoshopped.The magazine area looks a bit blurred than the rest of the gun and the quality seem to differ.I could be wrong.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:59 am

Well actually yes! Its a photoshop job no question about it.. but the question still stands does/has anyone seen a similar kind of handgun??

I remember seeing one captured from a militant in a newspaper photo.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:55 am

Interesting but daft concept. Why transpose the magazine of a 1911A1 forward of the trigger guard when there is already a similar - if not larger - mag in the grip. As a concept this idea has no benefits whatsover - especially as the barrel has had to be shortened but the recoil travel of the slide increased dramatically.
The pistol has a cast steel frame but with pressed-steel indentations above the magazine.
Obviously the picture has been `doctored`.
As a concept the design should work but it is very poor and makes no sense. A gunmaker - even a backyard cobbler - wouldn`t be using a cast frame......especially not one based on an actual pistol and transposing the magazine.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:19 am

I recall seeing something similar while reading something about converting 1911's to full auto operation... IIRC the front "appendage" is NOT a magazine, but simply a handle to help control the pistol in full auto mode... There also seems to be a deep "dimple" in the so called front magazine well...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:30 am

Exactly it can be a handle or a Spare Mag,,because the mechanism is not Logical- The chamber is Far back from the Magzine feed,,How can a ammo be pulled back from magazine and then feeded in chamber,Chamber is atleast 2 " Back.

I have seen a Country made,.315 with same sort of magazine system with bolt.(Not Automatic)Manual like rifle.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:32 am

Beretta Belle had a folding finger grip in front of the trigger guard, to assist in full auto mode.Now also seenin later generation Berettas.However , this addition of a ? magazine defies all logic-except 'photoshop'
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:03 pm

Actually, the Photoshop idea looks more convincing now.
Thanks for pointing it out grumps. I'd not expected PS reworks to appear here so the thought didn't pass my mind.

I think now its a fake.

The original Magazine is still there, including the magazine catch.

The notch over the trigger seems like a poorly positioned jpeg cut out.

The pressed dimple that Grumps pointed out is the most noticeable flaw.

Magazine also looks smaller then .45ACP and anyway theres not much you can squeeze into that short magazine.

Magazine cannot be placed ahead of the breech. The ejection slot has obviously been photoshopped forward, since the barrel/link cross pin remains in the original position...which is a technical impossibility.

Sorry I missed this the first time :mrgreen:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Here's a video of a "select fire" 1911 pistol...

Pretty pointless exercise if you ask me... as the video demonstrates, the shooter is just about able to keep the gun under control AND this with a clip shoulder stock!! So being able to hit the intended target on full auto would seem to be a tad difficult...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:19 pm

mundaire";p="27462 wrote:Here's a video of a "select fire" 1911 pistol...

Pretty pointless exercise if you ask me... as the video demonstrates, the shooter is just about able to keep the gun under control AND this with a clip shoulder stock!! So being able to hit the intended target on full auto would seem to be a tad difficult...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Pretty pointless is the word.

Even for protection duties, I think the idea would be somewhat a poor trade off.

One wonders how the likes of the Glock18 and Beretta 951R/M93R still sell. Nevermind the compensator porting, most times the cycling is so violent any level of accuracy is dismal. the 93 could be one pip up because of the 3round burst setting.
I remember there were Brazilian (or was that Argentinian?) and Spanish 1911 clones in full auto as well....not to mention the Stetchkin which I'm told was not a terribly nice weapon.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:22 pm

And the H&K VP70 9mm para which had an 18 round mag and a three round `burst-fire` facility.
There was also a full-auto version of the Browning GP35 `High-Power` which was tested by the British SAS.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:34 pm

If I remember well, the Beretta could be fitted with a drum magazine and a detachable stock.The barrel wear out limit escapes me at the moment.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:37 pm

I know this is going somewhat OT... but, has anybody encountered those John Ramos' full auto hack jobs of 1911 and HPs?
... Just curious...

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:01 pm

I`ve had full-auto 1911A1s.
They weren`t supposed to fully auto of course...but due to a combination of circumstances.......................................