Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Yet another

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Too late to the party, oh well.......

Good job CC!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 pm

Grumpy";p="27687 wrote: This particular pistol is in super condition and currently for sale at around £2,500 ( $5,000. ) ......... and that`s not an inflated Indian price !
Only $5000? thats 1.9Lakhs... dirt cheap yaar... we Indians are so used to these prices... I guess none of us batted an eyelid.... go tell the seller we'll take it for 5Ls...and keep the change... :)
Last edited by cottage cheese on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Grumpy";p="27764 wrote: `Bombay Duck` ? That`s that `orrible dried fish thing right ? :wink:
Yeh grumps ... its that dried fish - stinker too. But really nice - especially when you wild-cat it with those evil eastern spices :)
Yum! Haven't had those in ages - both fish and chilli.
Rusty, Love the choice of stinky dried sea stuff down south man. Loved just 'window-shopping' in those road side shops in Bangalore.

Talking of stinky, who's tried Axone? (Pronounced Akhooni) - it's fermented soya-bean...fermented down to a paste. Close in texture to the Japanese 'Natu'. Many NE tribes have this in their traditional kitchen inventory. We Nagas give it it's true meaning :)...especially the Axone of the Angami and Sema tribes... man their version is a potent stink monster... closest approximation I can think of is German-shepherd poop. But it really does wonders when its mixed in to flavor our local grub. You end up farting a little more too!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:06 pm

"Only $5000? thats 1.9Lakhs... dirt cheap yaar... we Indians are so used to these prices... I guess none of us batted an eyelid.... go tell the seller we'll take it for 5Ls...and keep the change... "

I should point out that $5,000 is almost eight times what an `ordinary` ex-GI issue 1911A1 would cost in the UK.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Grumpy";p="27796 wrote:"Only $5000? thats 1.9Lakhs... dirt cheap yaar... we Indians are so used to these prices... I guess none of us batted an eyelid.... go tell the seller we'll take it for 5Ls...and keep the change... "

I should point out that $5,000 is almost eight times what an `ordinary` ex-GI issue 1911A1 would cost in the UK.
:mrgreen: just fooling about...

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14 pm

And people wonder why I am not a great lover of Indian food ?

German Shepherd poop `does wonders` when mixed in with the local food apparently. Yes, I`m prepared to accept that............................................Makes it all taste like dog shit perhaps ? :roll:

CC, don`t go looking for a job with the Indian Tourist Board - you would ruin Indias tourism industry inside a year !!! :lol:

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:20 pm

Grumpy";p="27799 wrote:And people wonder why I am not a great lover of Indian food ?

German Shepherd poop `does wonders` when mixed in with the local food apparently. Yes, I`m prepared to accept that............................................Makes it all taste like dog shit perhaps ? :roll:

CC, don`t go looking for a job with the Indian Tourist Board - you would ruin Indias tourism industry inside a year !!! :lol:
...well I could apply for a job in the xenophobic bandwagon... I believe they are looking for volunteers :mrgreen:

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:41 am

The `Xenophobic Bandwagon` sounds like a `60s acid rock band !

There`s a technically good..........although - frankly - `nerdy` ( boring ) `American Rifleman` article on the 1911 .455 to be found at :
http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/KingColt2.asp

Here`s a picture ( not a brilliant one I`m afraid ) of a pair of Kongsberg Mod 1914s ( Norwegian made Colt 1911A1s ) of WWII vintage. The lower gun, from c.1941/2, carries NAZI `Waffenamt` stamps.

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Great details Grumps :)

Rudra