Greetings from Pune

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Greetings from Pune

Post by full_circle » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi all!

I am a newly minted member, although I have been a "guest" for some time now. We are moving back to Pune, after leading a nomad life for 4 years, and this time for good.

My interests are rifle shooting, golf, the Himalayas, and photography. During my last visit to Pune, I checked out the Poona Golf Course, and although not as impressive as the Oxford Country Club one, it is value for money... I will be taking up membership there. I also tried to look up any shooting clubs, but didnt really get anywhere.

Here's wishing you all a good time, and I hope I can bond with the members here and share and increase my knowledge.

Cheers!
Mohali & Pune | NRAI Life Member | IOF .32 Mark 2 | Beretta DT11 | .22 coming soon

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Greetings from Pune

Post by Prabhath » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Welcome aboard full circle. Btw........nice choice of nick :)

sagar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sagar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 am

Hello fulcircle,
Welcome...
In pune you can try PDRA (pune district rifle association)
opp. SAI sports
BIG Bazaar Lane
Wanowrie.

full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by full_circle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:04 am

Thank you Prabath and Sagar.
Mohali & Pune | NRAI Life Member | IOF .32 Mark 2 | Beretta DT11 | .22 coming soon

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey full_circle

Good to know buddy that there will be an addition in members from Pune. You could join me when you land up , and let me know where you gonna be stayin so that we could join together for a occasional shooting high Spirits ! We have a other prominent member known as "hvj1"(you can find his posts in the "shooting" section" .He is one of a kind of shooter with hardcore experience .

Waiting for you to land .........
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:09 am

welcome aboard.

whats your handicap?

you can be a good shooter since the basics are the same.

eye on target, head steady, smooth swing. move at the waist and follow through. Use the body like a spring to coil and uncoil, left hand does the movement but effortlessly etc etc.

Sporting is actually called 'golf with a shotgun'.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by full_circle » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks lionheartguru and shooter. I somehow didnt return to this thread and came back only to post a wishlist.. more below...

lionheartguru, I will be staying in the Aundh area, will move to Baner next year when the new home is ready. Will pm you as soon as I can after landing :)

shooter, my handicap is still in double digits :( I hope to go below 10 next year in Pune.

-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:12 pm --

My wishlist

Rifles
calibres: .22 Long Rifle, .30-06 Springfield OR .308 Winchester, .375 H&H Magnum, .465 H&H Magnum
Makes: Purdey, Holland & Holland, Westley Richards, Winchester 70 (classic), Ruger 77, Blaser R93, Remington 721/700, Weatherby Mark V, Browning A-Bolt, Anschutz 1700, 1730, 1740

Shotguns
12 guage break-action
Makes: Purdey, Holland & Holland, Westley Richards, Browning Citori, Beretta 680, Merkel 200E, Perazzi MX12

full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by full_circle » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:27 pm

NRAI Life Member now.
Wanted to share, didnt know where to post :)

Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Able » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:44 pm

Nice, and congratulations

HasnainQureshi21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HasnainQureshi21 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:18 am

welcome brother, you will love it here
full_circle wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm
Hi all!

I am a newly minted member, although I have been a "guest" for some time now. We are moving back to Pune, after leading a nomad life for 4 years, and this time for good.

My interests are rifle shooting, golf, the Himalayas, and photography. During my last visit to Pune, I checked out the Poona Golf Course, and although not as impressive as the Oxford Country Club one, it is value for money... I will be taking up membership there. I also tried to look up any shooting clubs, but didnt really get anywhere.

Here's wishing you all a good time, and I hope I can bond with the members here and share and increase my knowledge.

Cheers!

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:12 am

full_circle, we are happy to have you join us here at IFG. We look forward to you sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. Welcome!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman