hello everyone

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
bhawani shukla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

hello everyone

Post by bhawani shukla » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:42 am

hello everyone,
My name is bhawanishankar shukla,really passionate about guns but have no knowledge about the subject of arms.i was surfing through this site and understood that this is the right place to be and talk.I have my grandads 12 bore single barrel Brownings,5 bullets can be loaded inside the guns grip and it autoreloads with the recoil.I also have a .22 rifle of his.i enjoy shooting the guns a lot but dont have any good shooting range here in raipur so can not do much.I really want to buy a side arm for my self and my friends were telling me that the 9mm pistol is the best but comes under the prohibited bore PB but i can get the lisence from home ministry.I can get the lisence but wanted to know the site for rules and regulation of the PB.It would really helpme if you guys could tell me the best side arm and rifle in PB that the money coud buy and get the lisence in india to keep them in PB.thanks a lot.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: hello everyone

Post by bandukbhandar » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:10 am

Hello Bhawanishankar

Just for curiosity, do you belong to famous Shukla family the politicians from Raipur.

If yes, then only you may try for PB licence these days.

Cheers

Kezar Husen Bandukwala

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 am

welcome mate, enjoy the forum and do share some of you pics etc
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

bhawani shukla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bhawani shukla » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 pm

hey bandukbhandar,i dont know about the famous part but my family is into poilitics for some time.my grand dad was thrice chief minister of undivided madya pradesh and my dad is ex cabinet minister.i am just an ordinary youth congress member.

hi nagarifle,i surely will enjoy the forum and will post some pictures.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:58 am

Even though the 9mm is widely issued amongst Indian security forces (and is manufactured in India by IOFB), they don't sell the ammo to the public, so it will be very difficult for you to procure 9mm ammo in the civilian market. Just last month I met someone, who happens to own a 9mm pistol (on a PB license) and was cribbing about how difficult it is to find dealers who stock this calibre ammo.

The PB handgun calibres for which you can find ammo in the civvie market relatively easy are the .45 ACP and the .38-200 aka .38 S&W (not to be confused with the .38 S&W "Special" which is a NPB calibre).

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:34 am

I really want to buy a side arm for my self and my friends were telling me that the 9mm pistol is the best but comes under the prohibited bore PB but i can get the lisence from home ministry.I can get the lisence but wanted to know the site for rules and regulation of the PB.It would really helpme if you guys could tell me the best side arm and rifle in PB that the money coud buy and get the lisence in india to keep them in PB.thanks a lot.
Welcome to IFG. I am sure you will find the site addictive. First of let me tell you, contrary to popular perception, PB firearms do not have any extra "power" or ballistic properties over NPB firearms. PB/NPB is the legacy of the British Raj. It was done by them to ensure that Armed forces and civilians have different bores for their firearms. Purpose: In event of mutiny the ammunition looted from government armories does not fire from civilian firearms. All modern democratic countries today, encourage their citizens to keep firearms in same caliber as armed forces so that in event of emergency/war there is no logistical problem for arms/ammunition. This PB/NPB concept is the irrelevant in free India, it is because of the ignorance of bureaucrats that it still has a place in Arms Rules 1962.
Example:
1) 9 mm made by IOFB is PB and .357 Magnum is NPB. .357 Magnum is much more powerful than 9 mm
2) 7.62*39 mm of AK 47 is PB, 7.62* 51 mm used in SLRs is PB but 7.62*63 mm(30-06) is NBP. 7.62*63 mm is much more powerful than 7.62*39 mm of AK 47 and also slightly more powerful than 7.62*51 mm

If I was in your place I would have preferred to go for .357 Magnum instead of 9 mm. For handgun, as mentioned by mundaire since you get .45 ACP cartridges easily, you can buy that pistol if you want PB license. .45ACP has adequate stopping power as a SD round. For rifle you do not need a PB license, unless you want to purchase AK 47 or SLR, since 30-06 is practically the most powerful and easily available cartridge in India. If you search this website you will find plenty of members who have 7.62*63 mm(30-06) rifles mounted with telescopes. One can shoot with this cartridge to almost up to 1 Km.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

bhawani shukla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bhawani shukla » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks a lot Abhijeet.what would your advice be for the best pistol to buy for fun and enjoyment...not for defence and protection. .45 acp is less powerfull and less penetrating than a 9mm.Can we buy magnum in pb in india?glock,berreta,colt,,tarus etc...which is the best company for pistal? thanks

-- Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:31 am --

Thanks a lot goodboy_mentor.i have some questions-
1 Can i get a ak 47 for my self if i want in a PB lisence?do 30-06 cartridges fit in ak-47?
2 Can i have both the lisences for pb and npb?keep both kinds of guns-s&w magnum 500 with ak47 in pb and rifel with 45acp pistol?
3 can i get the cartridges for ak47 and magnum 500 or 357 in india easily?

would really be thankfull to have the answers...cheers

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:53 am

Can we buy magnum in pb in india?glock,berreta,colt,,tarus etc...which is the best company for pistal? thanks
First please remove the confusion from your mind that magnums are prohibited bores. I have clearly explained in my post above the difference between PB and NPB. It has nothing to do with power or ballistics. Any caliber that is used by Armed forces is PB rest all are NPB. Glock, Berreta, Colt, Tarus etc. which you need, they need to be imported into India. Firearms were put in restricted list of import items in EXIM policy, purportedly by Babus citing terrorism as the reason. But anyone with slightest common sense knows that no terrorists are lining up at licensing authority to get arms license, then import firearms on license. If you can impart this common sense into the heads of bureaucrats in MHA and Home Minister, probably they will remove the firearms from restricted list making your life as well as all of us our lives happier in India.
1 Can i get a ak 47 for my self if i want in a PB lisence?do 30-06 cartridges fit in ak-47?
In Panjab during terrorism people were issued PB licenses and they had AK 47s, SLRs, carbines etc. Ak 47 cartridge is 7.62*39 mm(means 7.62 mm diameter, 39 mm length), 30-06 cartridge is 7.62*63 mm(means 7.62 mm diameter, 63 mm length) Hence the cartridge of 30-06 will not fit in AK 47. Never ever try to fit cartridge made for particular weapon into another weapon. It can be very dangerous.
2 Can i have both the lisences for pb and npb? keep both kinds of guns-s&w magnum 500 with ak47 in pb and rifel with 45acp pistol?
Yes you can keep both PB/NPB if you have licenses for the same.
3 can i get the cartridges for ak47 and magnum 500 or 357 in india easily?
I do not know answer for availability of AK 47 cartridge. I do not think magnum 500 cartridge is available in India. 357 cartridges are available around Rs 350 per cartridge.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 am

Welcome to IFG,Mr Bhawani Shukla....little brouse the site & its legal section specially, will make u aware maximum abt arms law & lots other happening.....PB & NPB bore section also...
Enjoy ur Grandads 12 bore single barrel Brownings, & .22 rifle , with maximum safety...

Conclusion to above...

[*]Any caliber that is used by Armed forces is PB rest all are NPB.

[*]The PB handgun calibres for which you can find ammo in the civvie market relatively easy are the .45 ACP and the .38-200 aka .38 S&W.

[*]For NPB .357 Magnum instead of 9 mm....

ragards
amit
)))cheers!!!

babawalter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by babawalter » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 am

hi Mr. shukla
Wellcome to ifg ..im also from raipur .. this is very good site to gain and share knowldge..

Baba Walter

bhawani shukla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bhawani shukla » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:41 pm

thanks baba walter

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Welcome to the Forum,
Hope you have a splendid time here.....
pls share your experiences here with us.
regards
Happy