Hello!!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
AKYOGI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hello!!

Post by AKYOGI » Sun May 12, 2013 11:37 am

I joined this forum of wonderful persons a few days back. Too much work and too little time was the reason for this late self introduction. Well. I am a 51 year old male from Kerala working as an officer in State Bank Group. My passion for Guns and conventional arms began right from an young age. While in my late teens I had the fortune of Joining the NCC and to fire the then prevalent Lee Enfields and Bren LMGs and later while in a Regular Army Attachement Camp with the 1/5GR the SLR 7.62 mm and 7.62mm LMG. Had some quality time in the quarter guard stripping and cleaning the SLRs, LMGs, the SAF Carbines and the 9mm pistols. That was the end of me handling a fire arm in real life. However my martial mind forced me to train int eh Traditional Martial art of Kerala, the Kalarippayattu, that too in the Southern style and I become somewhat proficient in the use of edged weapons in general and Knife in particular. When I was searching for the legal side of owning a firearm in India, I came to this forum. I am quite happy with you learned people and still more happy to see a knives/edged weapons section. I would like to get some good fighting knives like the KABAR and the DUSTAAR Arad 1 in near future. I own a few fighting knives - one Kukri with a 13" blade and another smaller one Indian army Issue, one local black smith made knife based on the bichua design and a steel Knuckle duster and an expandable steel baton. I train everyday using traditional vyayam and tools like Kettlebells and I specialize in knife fighting. I am interested in real fighting knives - not the do all fancy knives that have everything except a kitchen sink. Would like to be with you Gurus and become enlightened.

Thank you all
Better be a Wolf and die in six months than be a Lamb and live for a thousand years.

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Re: Hello!!

Post by prashantsingh » Sun May 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Thats a very interesting introduction.

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Welcome and enjoy the interactions on here. Best wishes

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun May 12, 2013 5:36 pm

AKYOGI,

Welcome to IFG. As Prashant says, a very interesting introduction. Do share your experiences with us.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun May 12, 2013 7:31 pm

welcome
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Sun May 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have an enjoyable time here.

All the best.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 pm

welcome abroad sir hope you have a nice stay out here :cheers:

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

A warm welcome to you .
If you want to shoot , shoot . Don't talk .....

kaku ganda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kaku ganda » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:52 am

Welcome Aboard Sir

AKYOGI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AKYOGI » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank you all Gun Gurus!!!

All work and no play and I could not be here for a long long time. Please accept my apologies

Venki