shooting in Delhi, Bangalore or Cochin

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
ChrisC
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

shooting in Delhi, Bangalore or Cochin

Post by ChrisC » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:18 am

Dear All,

I am a very frequent business visitor to India and would like to find places to shoot in the above locations. In the Uk I have a number of firearms ranging from .22RF to .458 and shoot every Sunday at my local club. Can anyone tell me if it is possible for a non national to shoot and if so where.

Thanks

Chris

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: shooting in Delhi, Bangalore or Cochin

Post by Pran » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:47 am

Welcome aboard Chris.

Here's the link tp KSRA

www.ksra.in

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Pran,

I viewed the web site of the KSRA and it was very impressive! I wish that our folks at the Maharastra/Bombay Rifle club in Mumbai take a a feather of KSRA cap and improve the facilities of the club. Money doesnt seem to be the problem,its the permissions I think. The range belongs to the municipality and the discussions with them about upgrading permisions are taking some time.Well this is what the range officer advised us a couple of weeks ago.
Lets hope things improve.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:00 pm

If I am not mistaken the police verification certificate (mandatory) costs 3000/-
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Lenny
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lenny » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:55 pm

The 3000/- is in Karnataka
dont know abt other States.
jacked up from 50/- to 3000/- from 1st July 2007
any inputs please

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Delhi has no such thing as a paid for verification certificate! Details on DSRA are in the relevant section, but DSRA still does not have a range of it's own - members use the HH Dr. Karni Singh Ranges at Tughlaqabad... no other choice here... those are owned by SAI and require a separate membership... :P
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:51 pm

Hunter,
Glad to know you found it useful.

Lenny,
Students can get a PVC for 50 bucks if they can produce a bona fide letter from their college/school.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:34 am

Pran wrote:Hunter,
Glad to know you found it useful.

Lenny,
Students can get a PVC for 50 bucks if they can produce a bona fide letter from their college/school.

Pran
Hmm at the ages we are i dont that that will be difficult :-)
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:39 am

I know that in Delhi, a Police Clearance Certificate is issued by the Passport authorities after verification by the CID Dept. of Delhi Police. The same is stamped on the passport and it is meant for some country which one has to specify. Wonder if we are talkin about the same thing ??