Shooter From Chennai

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Shooter From Chennai

Post by yoge_007 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Respects to All the Shooters in this forum,

Am Yogesh From Chennai and I have been very keen in shooting right from my very small ages. My Grand Father used to have a Rifle and he thought me how to use the open sights when i was 8... Ever since then I used to think myself owning a weapon and shooting.. Unluckily after the demise of my grandfather, we lost the gun and i moved on.. Now that i completed my race behind the study and job... [Am an Business Analyst and an Associate manager at an international bank in Chennai] The passion within me ignited again couple of years back.. I approach the madras rifle club and as everyone here knows, they turned me down...

Luckily last month i came to know about a shooting range 35kms from my place... I immediately called the contact number and was answered by a very professional warm person who encouraged me and asked him to meet me in person.. I went in person on 23rd Feb.. Met a very great personality Mr.Senthil, Who also belongs to the 3rd battalion and a National Shooter... Did the joining formalities almost immediately and am proud to say that am member of the SDAT Rifle Range...

Ever since then am going there in weekends and am very happy to understand that am improving gradually... Glad to know about this forum and you wonderful people.. Am here to learn and share my experience with you great people... Hoping for a great stay here..

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shooter From Chennai

Post by Baljit » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Welcome to IFG Yogesh. I hope you going to gain lot's of knowledge from this site and keep up the good work.

Good Luck
Baljit

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Baljit wrote:Welcome to IFG Yogesh. I hope you going to gain lot's of knowledge from this site and keep up the good work.

Good Luck
Baljit
Thanks Baljit... Indeed hoping for a great deal of knowledge and experience and am pretty sure am going to get those.. thanks again for the warm welcome

ranjithrobert
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ranjithrobert » Sat May 03, 2014 7:21 pm

yoge_007 wrote:Respects to All the Shooters in this forum,

Am Yogesh From Chennai and I have been very keen in shooting right from my very small ages. My Grand Father used to have a Rifle and he thought me how to use the open sights when i was 8... Ever since then I used to think myself owning a weapon and shooting.. Unluckily after the demise of my grandfather, we lost the gun and i moved on.. Now that i completed my race behind the study and job... [Am an Business Analyst and an Associate manager at an international bank in Chennai] The passion within me ignited again couple of years back.. I approach the madras rifle club and as everyone here knows, they turned me down...

Luckily last month i came to know about a shooting range 35kms from my place... I immediately called the contact number and was answered by a very professional warm person who encouraged me and asked him to meet me in person.. I went in person on 23rd Feb.. Met a very great personality Mr.Senthil, Who also belongs to the 3rd battalion and a National Shooter... Did the joining formalities almost immediately and am proud to say that am member of the SDAT Rifle Range...

Ever since then am going there in weekends and am very happy to understand that am improving gradually... Glad to know about this forum and you wonderful people.. Am here to learn and share my experience with you great people... Hoping for a great stay here..

hi yogesh nice to hear that you got the membership can you guide me upon the same or shed some light which could help new comers from chenna region.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sat May 03, 2014 8:48 pm

met yogesh on sdat .nice person to interact .hope to meet you regular on sdat.

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Striker the pleasure is mine to meet you. Amazed by your weapon. Such a humble and a modest person you are. Looking forward to meet you soon in the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 pm

ranjithrobert it's actually a very simple process. Just pay a visit to the below location.

Dropped Pin
near 4/113, Mettu St, Morai, Tamil Nadu 600055
http://goo.gl/maps/2FDij

It's open on all days except Monday which is a weekly off. If you come there on weekends between 10 to 2 I will be there to guide you

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Yogesh,

Thanks for the info. I have been desperately looking for the membership in CRC and I heard they are not open and need heavy recommendation. That is when I came across your post and I hope you are still training there. Do you mind passing on the contact details of Mr. Senthil you referred in your post? I would like to speak to him and if possible visit him this weekend.

Can you also share details like if we can carry our rifle etc? Fee structure, timings over the weekends etc?

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi Scorpio, glad it proved useful for you.
Am still practicing and we could meet if you come in weekends.
Senthil sir's number is 94-44-495252.
He will give you further details.

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Yes Yogesh. I spoke to him this evening and updated the details of my conversation in another thread about SDAT. Can you pm me your contact details so that we can share details?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:12 pm

A warm welcome to ifg yogesh :) :)

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Yogesh,

I am unable to PM you. Will you be able to PM me so that we meet?

Roger_Rohit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Roger_Rohit » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi All,
Greetings!! Am new to this forum. It was my lifelong dream to deal with guns but never got a chance to do so. Finally decided to join a rifle club to make my wish come true. I came to know from this forum about SDAT club. I would be pleased if i get more info about the club like membership fee, other procedures etc.

Thanks,
Rohit

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 am

Yogesh,

I am planning to visit the facility today. Are you guys around? Not sure if Senthil is back from Pune. Since I am unable to PM you, at least you can reach out to me. [Seems you too are not active for sometime :-)]

Thanks,
Prabu