Introduction!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
soul
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Introduction!

Post by soul » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 am

Hey fellow gun enthusiasts!

I found this site by accident, and am surprised to see so much of following and love for firearms coming from India.
Most of my years were spent in rural India, my grandfather had a shotgun for protecting against robberies and it did protect the family in few occasions.

Always dreamt of owning a firearm, used to get catalogues from Colt, Marlin, H&K just to ogle on the weapons. Thanks to the British rule, we have one of the most convoluted firearms restrictions in India so the dream was near impossible to realize.

Now that am in the most gun friendly country USA (in some sense), am proud owner of multiple handguns and a rifle. I able to shoot at least couple of times in a month at a local range. My state California is bit finicky about guns (its called the nanny state by rest of America), but thanks to 2nd amendment they are not able to block access completely. Gun purchase is a very straightforward thing, and no license is required to buy , keep it in the house for defensive and sport purposes. They do run background check and there is a 10 day wait period (this is to avoid impulse mass shootings). But if I want to carry it on my self then a concealed carry weapon (CCW) is required, and in some of the counties (like mine), it is almost impossible like in India. There are some long court cases of interest which could change this, and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyways, hope to learn and share experiences on this forum. Great meeting you all!

For Advertising mail webmaster
gaurav0101
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Introduction!

Post by gaurav0101 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Welcome friends
gaurav