Hello everyone!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
abhipsb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello everyone!

Post by abhipsb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Dear All,

I am Abhinandan Bhadauria and Agra (UP) is my home town. I am a Software Engineer in an MNC at Bangalore. From my childhood I have always been interested in guns, weapons and archery. In my childhood we used to play/practice with airguns and hand made bows and arrows. But now I am not in practice for several years. I am very much interested in new edge tech. driven airguns.

Right now I am in Germany for an assignment and will be here till October 2014. Here I have seen some really good airguns and air-pistols specially battery powered pistols/guns with full plastic body (but I didn't notice their make and model). I would like to carry them but don't know if I can carry them back to India because till now I don't have any club/association membership.

I hope I'll be able to contribute in this forum and will also be able to get benefits from the experienced members.

Thanks & Regards
Abhi

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:31 pm

welcome Abhinandan , hope you enjoy your childhood dreams here
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 am

Welcome aboard.

discovershashank
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by discovershashank » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Welcome aboard Abhi.
About the air pistol, there have been many threads about problems carrying them from abroad but don't remember reading anything about plastic body ones. What is the ammo used?
You got a lot of time till october so I am sure there are many very experienced people here who would answer your concerns.
But before you create a thread in the appropriate section with all relevant details, please search through the forum once by yourself to insure that its not a repeat topic.
Btw, you can get great knives at germany too, if they interest you :wink:
All the best.
Shashank
A knife makes me feel stronger, keeps my temper down and gives me the courage to fight for the right. If I am wrong, don't correct me...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Welcome to IFG, Abhinandan!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:46 pm

abhipsb wrote: Dear All,
I am Abhinandan Bhadauria and am a Software Engineer in an MNC at Bangalore. From my childhood I have always been interested in guns, weapons and archery. I am very much interested in new edge tech. driven airguns.
I hope I'll be able to contribute in this forum and will also be able to get benefits from the experienced members.
Thanks & Regards
Abhi
> Welcome to IFG :D
> Since you're in Germany at present, why don't you checkout if any shooting clubs are there in your vicinity.... Maybe you could revive your interest & get some good practice...
> Good Luck...
Briha

abhipsb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhipsb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:45 pm

discovershashank wrote:Welcome aboard Abhi.
About the air pistol, there have been many threads about problems carrying them from abroad but don't remember reading anything about plastic body ones. What is the ammo used?
You got a lot of time till october so I am sure there are many very experienced people here who would answer your concerns.
But before you create a thread in the appropriate section with all relevant details, please search through the forum once by yourself to insure that its not a repeat topic.
Btw, you can get great knives at germany too, if they interest you :wink:
All the best.
Shashank
Thanks to all members for response. @discovershashank, these are BB guns with plastic body (like toy BB guns). But these are with heavy plastic body and look realistic, we can also fire stell BBs, fully automatic.
May be I'll post some pics if I get them.

Regards
Abhi

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:45 am

BB guns can be a problem.however airsoft guns(which shoots plastic pellets) can be carried to India without any membership.

sreenivaspkamath
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sreenivaspkamath » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:12 pm

welcome to ifg... have a great time