New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Joey555
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Joey555 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:24 am

Hey all,

My name is Amir, i am currently studying in Manipal. So i have been reading many topics on this forum and its amazing to know there are so many gun enthusiasts out there.
i really wanted to get a gun of my own in India but i always thought it must be a mission to get one, owing to all the bans etc etc. Oh i forgot to mention i was born and raised in Botswana and came to India in 2008. I do have some experience with guns having used some good air rifles such as Benjamin Discovery(0.22cal) Hatsan BT65(.25cal) and a few not so good ones, loads of shotguns, my favorite was an over and under Baretta and some mean rifles in .270, 30.06, .243 & .223 calibers.
I miss hunting, though i wouldn't try that here :deadhorse:

Anyway i just got back from home on the 1st of August after enjoying lots and lots of pure hunting pleasure. I decided that once i'm back i have to get me a gun for plinking. So today i bought me a Precihole Sx100 Orion, credit to the forum for helping make that decision. I actually wanted a Hatsan 125th but after hours and hours of searching all i got was membership requirements or prices from various dealers that really makes me wonder why on earth do guns that are otherwise something you can get over the counter anywhere else for pretty decent deals soooooooooooo expensive :cry:

Besides the fact that i will not go through all the hassle to get an import AR, maintenance is something i kept in mind when deciding to go for an Indian make. There are quite a few negative reviews about the gun, but those are dated to about 2 years ago and i'm hoping those issues have been overcome by now. Other than that i'm looking forward to some hardcore plinking sessions.The gun feels good, finishing is decent. Im going to try and post some pics of the gun below. Can someone please check the pic where i'm holding the gun and tell me whether the hole provided on the top may be used to fasten a plate to butt the scopes rear mount to prevent scope creep. Still haven't really tested the gun as i mentioned i just got it today. Hopefully i will get some time this weekend to test it out and i will try and post some pics of the groupings that i can manage. I'm not sure if this is the right place for that though. Can someone please help, i'm a noob on this forum :stupid:

I would like to know about mounting a scope on the SX100 Orion, most of the threads i've gone through aren't very clear on what type of scope to use. I have however found out that i should be using a one piece scope mount. Problem is I cant find any specific mention of which one and where to find it. Again i'm not quite sure this is the right place to be asking this. I would really appreciate though if someone can share a link regarding my queries in case i may have missed something.

Looking forward to making many friends and sharing my experiences with guns.

Peace! 8)

**link to SX100 Orion pics: http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/joey5 ... t=3&page=1

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Newbie

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:42 am

Welcome to IFG Joey555 :D

Trust you will have a wonderful experience here; some of the AR Gurus should be able to answer your questions.

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Joey555,
> Welcome to IFG :D
> SX Orion is a good choice....Suggest you use Precipel 15gr pellets...they are accurate....
> You can order 'single piece mounts' through the net....Go for UTG Leapers to suit 11mm scope rail....
Good Luck!
Briha

Joey555
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Joey555 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you ckkalyan.

@briha: I happened to buy those Pellets when I bought the gun. The dealers also gave me mastershot wadcutters and Gsmith high split Pellets for free :mrgreen:

Thank you for the mount suggestion. If you could please tell me what scope to get and how to it. I believe a member can import AR rated scopes. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name.