Greetings from Jaipur!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Greetings from Jaipur!

Post by faizurrahim » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello Everyone.
This is Faiz from Jaipur, Rajasthan. I am going to be 22 very soon. I dont exactly know what to write as i have been a really bad writer lately. To start with, i want to thank the administrator to activate my account which i thought to be too much pain but surprisingly it wasn't. I have been following this forum since last 1 or 2 years now and really feel delighted every time i go through it. I have this fantasy of owning and shooting a fire arm but didn't had any opportunities despite being from a family of guns enthusiasts. Now i am planning to take shooting seriously although have no idea how am i going to do this but very sure that i will from the advise and support from fellow senior members.

I want to get into shotgun event but to my despair i don't have a firearm license and getting that is too much pain which i am happy to go through 8) . Till the time i don't get a license i would be happy to start with 10 m air rifle and if my inner desire is fulfilled, will stick to it even after getting a firearm license.

Waiting to read from you all.

Thanks[/size]

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Greetings from Jaipur!

Post by farook » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Faizur Saab, welcome to IFG. Is there a state level rifle association around. That would be the best way to get your hobby going.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:11 pm

welcome Faizur to the forum
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:58 pm

farook wrote:Faizur Saab, welcome to IFG. Is there a state level rifle association around. That would be the best way to get your hobby going.
farook sahab, thnx alot. I am not sure of the state level association, but i want to be a member of Nrai. I have the form also and looking for introducers. Will post about that in a suitable thread. I think it will help me in getting firearm's license. Isn't it?

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:00 am

@nagarifle. thnk u sir. :)

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:12 am

WELCOME and keep shooting safely!

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:18 am

I would like to know if there is anyone from Jaipur? PLease reply.

Thanks

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:18 am

Faizur saab getting an arms license in India is a pain staking process. The good news is that the MHA has now started to segregate the sport shooter from the other two categories viz. self defense and crop protection. This topic has been discussed before. Under sport shooter you need to win at-least one state level NRAI certified competition with a qualifying score. Being merely a member of the NRAI wont help.

http://www.thenrai.in/images/banners/sp ... ns1588.pdf

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 am

farook wrote:Faizur saab getting an arms license in India is a pain staking process. The good news is that that the MHA has now started to segregate the sport shooter from the other two categories viz. self defense and crop protection. This topic has been discussed before. Under sport shooter you need to win at-least one state level ISSF certified competition with a qualifying score. Being merely a member of the NRAI wont help.

http://www.thenrai.in/images/banners/sp ... ns1588.pdf
Dear Farook Sahab,
thanks for posting such an important update which i was unaware of. But again there arises a question: You need a gun to shoot. For the gun, you need license and for license-you need shooting championship certificates ( which clearly barres you because of the non possession of arms). Doesn't this sound silly? I mean how can i shoot and practice and then take part in competitions without a weapon ? I think they are making a fool out of us.

As far as NRAI is concerned, a person from the Police Dept. told me that if you show some kind of a membership card of a shooting club or association, then they'll consider your application more seriously as the case looks more genuine. So, i thought what else could be better than NRAI.

Thanks
Faiz

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:06 pm

You need a gun to shoot. For the gun, you need license and for license-you need shooting championship certificates ( which clearly barres you because of the non possession of arms). Doesn't this sound silly?
There are state and district rifle association in most parts of the country. They would lend you a target pistol, rifle or shotgun along with ammo at subsidized rates.

The bottom line is that the sport of shooting is by no means an economical sport. The shooters who have made it to the top are either air pistol/ rifle shooters or shooters who have it made it big by way of their training from the Indian army.

Do your research and tell us apart from Vijay Kumar who are the other shooters who have got their full fledged training from the army.

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm

farook wrote:
You need a gun to shoot. For the gun, you need license and for license-you need shooting championship certificates ( which clearly barres you because of the non possession of arms). Doesn't this sound silly?
There are state and district rifle association in most parts of the country. They would lend you a target pistol, rifle or shotgun along with ammo at subsidized rates.

The bottom line is that the sport of shooting is by no means an economical sport. The shooters who have made it to the top are either air pistol/ rifle shooters or shooters who have it made it big by way of their training from the Indian army.

Do your research and tell us apart from Vijay Kumar who are the other shooters who have got their full fledged training from the army.
Farook Bhai, i agree with you in all respects. But there is nothing as such of lending a weapon in RRA or Jagatpura Shooting Range :deadhorse: . And obviously i understand that its not an economical sport. I'll definitely try my hands in 10 m air rifle but till now i feel it lacks the thump which is there in shotguns. We have many weapons in our family passed on to us through my grand father. :) So, the only thing in sport remaining is ammo which i can afford alhamdolillah. :)

First, i need a license anyhow. Btw can you help me in getting NRAI membership. I mean introducers.

Faiz

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 am

There are many NRAI members here who can help introduce you

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:21 pm

farook wrote:There are many NRAI members here who can help introduce you
Ok. Alright. Thanks a lot for the support Farook sahab. Will post about membership in a suitable thread.
I'll stay in touch.

Thanks
Faiz

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:52 pm

farook wrote:There are many NRAI members here who can help introduce you
Farook sahab.....haven't found anyone. Idk why. Is there a particular accepted way of asking for endorsements which i am unaware of. Please help. I have posted in a few threads but no response yet.
:)

Faiz