Hello everyone

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Hello everyone

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 am

My Stoeger Cougar 9mm 1.gif
Dear friends,

I am Jeet from Chicago USA and would like to say hello to you all. I have been studying about guns since I was in India but today I bought my second and third guns here. I have a decent amount of knowledge in calibers and types of cartridges used as I have a good collection of books and encyclopedias on ammunition and firearms etc. Here is a picture of my second gun, a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm caliber. It came with two 9mm / 15 round magazines, has a bright three dot sight, a rotating barrel for excellent accuracy and low recoil, a firm grip and a aluminum body with a steel slide. It is ambidextrous as far as the safety decocker is concerned and the base plate of the mags is aluminum as well in case you drop it loaded which wont break the base plate.

Soon I will also be posting a picture of a rifle I bought today. A 5.56 X 45mm / .223 NATO caliber.

See you all soon.

Jeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Hello everyone

Post by timmy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:35 am

Greetings to you in the Windy City, Jeet! There are a few of us here who know a little bit about Chicago. Your Cougar looks fine and we're anxious to see your rifle, when you get ready to post. Welcome to IFG.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:52 am

Nice Gun, I have some good memories of Chicago . Welcome to the forum. I thought handguns were banned in Chicago how did you acquire one?
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:45 am

Thanks a million Tim for your kind greetings. I am really anxious to exchange my knowledge with you and the others on this wonderful site and stay connected to learn from you and the others more about firearms and their wonders. As far as Chicago goes, I just moved here about three years ago and am quite unfamiliar of it's design, but I can say that this state and city and its various suburbs are very well established and beautiful to be lived in.

The Cougar that I bought was based on a very tight budget. I wanted to buy a Beretta 92FS in 9mm and yet could not afford the $600+ price, so I wanted to buy the Ruger P95 which was very reasonably priced as well as accurate, but unfortunately it is either out of production or sold out as a whole! I hate striker fired pistols due to some embedded negative reviews in my mind, so I researched a little and found the best priced pistol would be the Stoeger Cougar in 9mm (although I was also looking for a +P firing gun like the High-Point C9 but fell short of buying it due to it's lesser accuracy). Bass Pro had it and as soon as e-mailed them to keep it aside for me they simply obliged. (Wonderful sales people) Last Thursday I had a dental surgery (and the stitches are still exiting my mouth every once a while) and on the following Friday (still partially high on Oxycodone) I drove down to Bass Pro and paid for the Stoeger and a Mossberg MVP Patrol in 5.56 X 45mm / .223 NATO rifle.

Why the Mossberg you may ask Tim? You wont because I know you know the answer. Yup my friend, it can intake an AR-15 / 30 round mag as well, and 5.56 will never be out of stock anywhere, plus I can use a .223 round in it's mag as well, is accurate and well reviewed online and has a decent price (paid $660.00 + tax). I will be posting a picture of it soon here when I create a blog based on it and lets read some more reviews from those who already own it.

I had also requested for a .308 rifle on my budget and was given an option of buying a Savage XP Axis in .308, but then I thought I should have some control over my expenses too. I had already bought $158.00 worth of 9mm, 5.56 X 45mm and .223 ammo.

(Bass Pro has a box of 9mm (100 rounds) Winchester Target ammo selling for $27.99 a box as you read this)

Well Tim, that's my intro and lets hope to hear from you soon my friend. I am about to head for my room and take a picture of the Mossberg in order to post it here my friend.

Wishing you well.
Jeet3

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 am

Thanks captrakshitsharma and I must correct you. Handguns weren't banned in Chicago, concealed carry was. FOID card holders could always own a handgun or a rifle of any caliber or capacity, except for Cook County (main Chicago). Now that has changed quite a bit since CCW has been voted for "yes".

Thanks again and would love to hear from you more about F&A's.

Regards,
Jeet3
Last edited by Jeet3 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 am

IMG_20141013_222316.jpg
Here's a picture of my new Mossberg MVP Patrol in 5.56 X 45mm / .223 NATO without the scope ofcourse. Sincerely my friends, I have never used a scope and am not much of a fan of scopes either. (Guys, I still use a double sided razor, a shaving brush and soap for shaving. May be I am old styled eh? I am 47 after all!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 am

captrakshitsharma wrote:Nice Gun, I have some good memories of Chicago . Welcome to the forum. I thought handguns were banned in Chicago how did you acquire one?
Thanks captrakshitsharma and I must correct you. Handguns weren't banned in Chicago, concealed carry was. FOID card holders could always own a handgun or a rifle of any caliber or capacity, except for Cook County (main Chicago). Now that has changed quite a bit since CCW has been voted for "yes".

Regards,
Jeet3

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:14 am

welcome friend.nice guns you have there.

regards
dr.jk

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:14 am

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the eye candy :)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Welcome to IFG, Jeet!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Welcome Jeet to IFG :D
Your armaments are quite impressive!!!
Looking forward to hear from you in the future.....
Briha

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank you all. And I know that this is one University of knowledge I had been missing out on. Your appreciation and welcomes are simply divine and I promise to stay in touch with you all.

Jeet

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:03 pm

@Jeet3, Congrats for buying these guns :) Stoeger Cougar is quite popular here in pakistan. Would you please tell me it's price in the USA so I can compare it with it's price in pak

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Jeet3 wrote:
captrakshitsharma wrote:Nice Gun, I have some good memories of Chicago . Welcome to the forum. I thought handguns were banned in Chicago how did you acquire one?

Regards,
Jeet3
Umm...Isn't Chicago the County Seat for Cook County? .... and was it not legal to own handguns in Cook Cty (prior to the lawsuit)?
So wasn't what CaptrakshitSharma said, a correct statement?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941