Hello fellow gun owners

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Gautham Devara
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello fellow gun owners

Post by Gautham Devara » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 am

A quick introduction about myself.My name is Gautham Devara (the same as my user name :-) ) and I live in Minneapolis. I have been fascinated with firearms for as long as I can remember. My dad bought me a national air rifle (.177) when I was in my third grade and I still have fond memories of it. As a kid I shot many birds, lizards, frogs, etc., basically any small animals with it. As i grew up I started realizing how wrong it was to take a life just for my pleasure and by the the time I hit my teensns I gave up fishing completely. I still love the outdoors, and fishing has replaced my passion for hunting. However, I still love firearms and acquire them for my collection and frequently shoot them at the range.

I came across this site a few years ago and it has been great finding out that the members here have the same passion for firearms like I do. And that is the sole reason why I decided to become a member.

I'll try and figure out how to post my collection later...

Here's what is in my current inventory, I'll try to list it from the lowest to highest caliber;

1. Diana RWS 34 .177 (air rifle)
2. Diana RWS 350 magnum .177 (air rifle)
3. CZ 452 lux .22 lr
4. Savage 17BTVS .17 hmr
5. Anschutz 1517 .17 hmr
6. Springfield EMP 9mm (handgun)
7. Springfield XDM 9mm (handgun)
8. Kimber Pro Covert II .45ACP (handgun)
9. Puma Rossi Model 1892 lever action .357 magnum
10. Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum (handgun)
11. Winchester Model 1894 lever action (Pre '64) .30 WCF
12. Lee Enfield Mark III .303 (Made in England)
13. Lee Enfield Mark III .303 (Made in Ishapore)
14. Mauser k98 8mm
15. Remington 700 CDL 7mm Rem Mag
16. Weatherby LazerMark .300 Weatherby Magnum
17. Fabarm Lion Classic 12 guage (side-by=side)
18. CZ 550 Safari Magnum

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Hello fellow gun owners

Post by nagarifle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:53 am

welcome mate, looks a good inventory, buy missing the 105mm
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Hello fellow gun owners

Post by Jeet3 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:13 am

Welcome Gautham. You have a wonderful collection, and a fantastic reason for envy. Wow! Could you kindly post some pictures of it so all can really have a wonderful experience looking at this divine collection?

Thanks,
Jeet
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.