INTRODUCTION

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

INTRODUCTION

Post by rhleng1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Guys am a newbie my name is Rahul and one day intend to have a gun licence infact my right to posses one as I still love shooting and would enjoy my time at range once 15 days, more over I will like to know joining a shooting club and gun safety course are the basic requirements any other requirements as Am from Mumbai, PCC is not a problem too! :cheers:

I will also like to know which would be a better one a .32 pistol or a mark 3 revolver, coz I seem to be in love with the revolver. :roll:

For Advertising mail webmaster
rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: INTRODUCTION

Post by rhleng1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Waiting for a Bombayite to respond who has been through the process in Mumbai or our gurus here☺

3:10
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by 3:10 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Welcome amigo, safe 'gunning' :)

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:09 am

rhleng1 wrote:Guys am a newbie my name is Rahul and one day intend to have a gun licence infact my right to posses one as I still love shooting and would enjoy my time at range once 15 days, more over I will like to know joining a shooting club and gun safety course are the basic requirements any other requirements as Am from Mumbai, PCC is not a problem too! :cheers:

I will also like to know which would be a better one a .32 pistol or a mark 3 revolver, coz I seem to be in love with the revolver. :roll:
Joining a club is not a requisite. If you do want to join one there are a few choices depending on where you stay.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

EddieHashmi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by EddieHashmi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello Everyone, I am a member from the other side of the border. I stumbled upon nice little forum you have here. I hope to learn about your weapon policies and culture.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Welcome aboard. You can go to the MRA range at Worli for shooting practice as well as the training certificate. The revolver is more idiot proof, the pistol is more concealable but requires more care to handle safely.

BTW, what is PCC?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rhleng1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm

PCC is Police Clearance Certificate Sir.☺

rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rhleng1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

@ SMJ, so joining shooting range isn't really necessary, but will see what I will do but will definitely get gun Safety course done as they are charging Rs 500 /- which is a little more for a session of 2 hours at maximum, but will do it so I can show the cops.

What else is necessary?

Thank you all for such a heart warming welcome.

rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rhleng1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:09 pm

:agree:
mundaire wrote:Welcome aboard. You can go to the MRA range at Worli for shooting practice as well as the training certificate. The revolver is more idiot proof, the pistol is more concealable but requires more care to handle safely.

BTW, what is PCC?

rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rhleng1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Am scared as we as people of this world don't have much time and even a gun license would take time! Am planning for a gun only and only for the worst to come in life it's good to be prepared rather than being like a sitting duck!

Please don't forget to watch the video posted on you tube as I have provided the link and which tells us how can the world war 3 can possibly start by mid 2018, it's an hour long video but a must watch!

rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rhleng1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:07 pm

SMJ wrote:
rhleng1 wrote:Guys am a newbie my name is Rahul and one day intend to have a gun licence infact my right to posses one as I still love shooting and would enjoy my time at range once 15 days, more over I will like to know joining a shooting club and gun safety course are the basic requirements any other requirements as Am from Mumbai, PCC is not a problem too! :cheers:

Joining a club is not a requisite. If you do want to join one there are a few choices depending on where you stay.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Apart from MRA at Worli are there any other options as MRA is a little expensive, things are made more expensive under capitalist function I suppose :deadhorse:

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:01 pm

You can go to the MRA range at Worli for shooting practice as well as the training certificate

Hi Abhijeet, so far as I know the MRA does not issue any training certificates.

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello Rhleng1, am currently a regular shooter at the MRA. If you want to go through a structured training program it should be as follows
1. Enrol for the basic pistol shooting course, the course is done over two weekends and teaches you the basics of shooting
2. Complete the safety course at the MRA
3. Take up shooting ( if you are really keen on the sport) and get proficient in the sport . My suggestion would be not to look at it as a shortcut to weapon ownership only

The rest will follow in time

The MRA won’t issue any training certificates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Bishu57 has summed it up perfectly!

rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rhleng1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 pm