New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Mike
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:23 pm

G'day Everyone,

I am pleased to have joined your online community and would like to introduce myself. I am 50 years old and have been fascinated by firearms since I was very young. My collection includes a BSA Meteor air rifle I was given when I was 5 and a Sportco 22LR pump action that my father bought for himself at the same time.

I live in Australia, shoot rifles on a daily basis, shotguns occasionally and collect handguns, but do not shoot the latter because of our laws here.

I have a Westley Richards 470 double rifle with which I have shot rabbit, fox, goat, pig, camel, cape buffalo (in Zambia) and elephant (in Zimbabwe). I have found out that it was sold in India before WW2.

In future posts I would like to sdeek your advice on how to follow up the provenance of this rifle, and to post a few photos.

Kind regards,

mike

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:43 pm

HI Mike ,
welcome to the madness. Glad to have a double heavy man here. camel and rabbit with a 470? what loads did you have on, mate?
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:54 pm

Welcome to IFG... do share some pics too... if you have them handy.. !!

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Member

Post by biking3819 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:36 pm

welcome aboard mike ,have a nice time,and wud be real nice to see pictures of your 'maal' :wink: lol
cheers sanjiv

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Hello Mike,
Welcome to the forum.Great to know u fire guns on a daily basis.Most of us here would only dream of firing a gun on a daily basis.Do post pictures of your firearms.
Best
Vinayaka
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

penpusher

Re: New Member

Post by penpusher » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:47 am

Welcome to IFG Mike.A rabbit with a .470?