American Students Demand Right to Carry on Campus

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

American Students Demand Right to Carry on Campus

Post by captrakshitsharma » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 pm

More and more students favour concealed carry and RKBA on campus. Aussies also waking up post the rude shock at Lindt Cafe.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30438570
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: American Students Demand Right to Carry on Campus

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:08 am

In India at least I feel that students tend to become more aggressive after leaving school and joining college. This is probably due to the fact that the schools enforce discipline strictly and once they leave school they are more or less free to do what they wan't. That is why we have more violence including ragging (even though it is banned) in colleges.
In this scenario it may be counter productive to allow students to carry arms. As in India (weather you agree or not) licenses are given more out of political pressure and influence. Though I do not know if one is allowed to carry weapons in educational institutions or not, as per the law in India.

On the other hand the girl mentioned in the article should be allowed to carry a weapon. Hence, we come to the question that it should be allowed for self protection. But then, now days licenses in India are given only for self protection and any one who gets a license is given under this category.

Therefore, it again boils down to politics and influence. Once the system is cleaned up and there is no corruption :deadhorse: then only one can have a meaningful discussion on this or most of the topics.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:44 pm

aadhaulya wrote:In India at least I feel that students tend to become more aggressive after leaving school and joining college. This is probably due to the fact that the schools enforce discipline strictly and once they leave school they are more or less free to do what they wan't. That is why we have more violence including ragging (even though it is banned) in colleges.
In this scenario it may be counter productive to allow students to carry arms. As in India (weather you agree or not) licenses are given more out of political pressure and influence. Though I do not know if one is allowed to carry weapons in educational institutions or not, as per the law in India.

On the other hand the girl mentioned in the article should be allowed to carry a weapon. Hence, we come to the question that it should be allowed for self protection. But then, now days licenses in India are given only for self protection and any one who gets a license is given under this category.

Therefore, it again boils down to politics and influence. Once the system is cleaned up and there is no corruption :deadhorse: then only one can have a meaningful discussion on this or most of the topics.
It doesn't cause any problems in the States. Students have been carrying at colleges for a long time. The proof is sometimes found in the pudding when it comes to issues such as these.

If you look at any news articles about this issue in the US they are actually very deceiving. When they say something like 8 or 10 states (don't know the current number) allow carrying at college, what they really mean is 8 or 10 states have laws REQUIRING colleges to allow it. In the majority of states it is perfectly legal, it's just that many universities pass policies against it.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:09 pm

Bad idea from one respect for armed students on campus