Interpol: allowing citizens to carry guns in public is most effective way to prevent terror attacks

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Interpol: allowing citizens to carry guns in public is most effective way to prevent terror attacks

Post by diskaon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm

The other day I went to oberoi hotel. At the security I jokingly said, I have left my gun at home.

You should have seen his reaction.
klick klack..... diskaon

For Advertising mail webmaster
pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Interpol: allowing citizens to carry guns in public is most effective way to prevent terror attacks

Post by pistolero » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Mushrif's book seems biased. Just my opinion

There is a book in Marathi, which I believe has now been translated "Jinkun Harleli Ladhaai" by Sachin Waze

another good read on the subject is The Seige

Sorry about going OT :)

Back to the topic of Hoping n Praying that ONE DAY we will finally have a Citizen friendly licensing policy and that we will be able to defend ourselves, if the occassion, god forbid, does arise.

Regards,
-P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

wingcosethi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by wingcosethi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Owning a gun by itself will not help. A person who has not been trained or at least does regular firing practice, will be more dangerous on the streets. An policy in permitting arms ti the citizens must also make sure that there are adequate small arm firing ranges available in the country. I have a gun and had not fired it since the 1971 war and when I tried the three rounds at 25 yards I missed the target. Each round cost 1500 rs.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 am

Wingcosethi agree with your observation that owning a gun by itself wont help.

However it is a classic Chicken and Egg Story, if licensing is made less whimsical and is not prone to nepotism. We will have people taking an interest in shooting. Ranges will come up, even private ranges. People will learn to carry responsibly, and learn skills around shooting.

Not only target shooting, but actual IPSC shooting. Something which is completely missing in India.

The whole mindset around guns will change. But I have no idea if and when it will happen.

We are being denied our basic right. However consecutive governments, have chosen to ignore this. Does not matter who is at the helm, this topic is just not addressed. Wonder Why?? :roll:
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 pm

This is a very important thread and I think it should be pinned right at the top for all of us to read. One of the best pro gun articles that I have read for sure...