Suggestions for Shooting academies in Kolkata

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
megha_jk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Suggestions for Shooting academies in Kolkata

Post by megha_jk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 am

Hi,

I am interested in joining shooting lessons. I am from South Kolkata. Could anyone let me know which would be the best school here. Also, I would be grateful if anyone could give me a headsup on the approximate fees, duration etc.

Thanks in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Suggestions for Shooting academies in Kolkata

Post by TC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 am

megha_jk wrote:Hi,

I am interested in joining shooting lessons. I am from South Kolkata. Could anyone let me know which would be the best school here. Also, I would be grateful if anyone could give me a headsup on the approximate fees, duration etc.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Megha,
First let me welcome you to IFG. Please go to the Introduction section and say a few words about yourself so that forum members get to know you. Its a custom we all follow.
South Calcutta Rifle Club, of which I am an old member, is the only shooting club in south Kolkata. We use the Kolkata Police shooting range inside Police Training School which stands adjacent to the Race Course or RCTC.
Right now the club only accepts Life members unless the applicant is too young. The one time fee is Rs 15,000. For rest of the life you only have to pay for ammunition and of course the entry fees if you take part in competitions. The club range at PTS operates between 11 am and 1.30 pm every Sunday. You can come there and check out the facility for yourself and talk to office bearers.
The other club in the city, which has a better range too, is the North Calcutta Rifle Club. Its located at Belgachhia Villa in the Belgachhia Milk Colony area. The fees and timings are similar.

Hope this helps

TC

JWD
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by JWD » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi TC,

I am also interested in joining a rifle club to avail lessons and take part in competition. Please let me know how to make an application to the South Calcutta Rifle Club.

Many thanks in advance.

JWD.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:09 am

JWD wrote:Hi TC,

I am also interested in joining a rifle club to avail lessons and take part in competition. Please let me know how to make an application to the South Calcutta Rifle Club.

Many thanks in advance.

JWD.
JWD,
I wrote everything about the club. You have to go the range personally on any Sunday and ask the members/ office bearers. They will help you out.

TC

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:23 pm

TC da,

For being a member in the shooting clubs dont you need reference of atleast 2 members of the same club? Please correct me if i am wrong
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 pm

abhi11 wrote:TC da,

For being a member in the shooting clubs dont you need reference of atleast 2 members of the same club? Please correct me if i am wrong
Abhi,
Not only reference of two members an applicant also has to get clearance from the local police, stating that he/ she does not have a criminal case pending or have served a sentence etc. These are necessary formalities. But club office bearers and members always encourage people to take interest in the sport and they offer every help possible so that a person can become a member. Rather than taking rules as hindrances an enthusiast should go ahead and get a first hand experience.

TC

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Just an update. I contacted the North Calcutta Rifle Club seeking membership. There membership rates as of today are 51K's for life membership and 16K's as a one time fee for annual membership, thereafter 1 K annually. The documents that one needs to furnish is an address proof and passport photos of self. Other formalities /police clearance etc. are taken care by the club itself. Open on Sundays & ofcourse ammo has to be purchased.
Can any local resident please advise about quality of facilities available here.
Thanks
vkpd