Can one be a member in more than one Rifle Association/Club

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Can one be a member in more than one Rifle Association/Club

Post by kb100 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Friends,

IS there anything in the rules which prohibit anyone from holding memberships in more than one Rifle Association/Club - for example can one be a member of a state association PLUS the NRAI at the same time, or a member of TWO State associations affiliated to NRAI at the same time ?

Will this create problems esp when taking part in competitions etc?
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can one be a member in more than one Rifle Association/Club

Post by mundaire » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Depends on the rules of the association(s) in question. It's fairly common for people to belong to both their State Rifle Association as well as the NRAI. I know of some shooters who have changed the state that they participate from, more than one time.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Can one be a member in more than one Rifle Association/Club

Post by kb100 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I happened to read a post somewhere where someone wanting to join the Maharashtra Association was asked to bring a NOC from his existing state assn - hence the question. (I am sure there is nothing like a 'transfer' of membership from one state assn to the other.)
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!