National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:20 am

mundaire wrote:Now my question - what benefits do you expect to gain from this membership? NRAI does not own or run any shooting range, so membership will not give you access to any shooting facilities!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
:agree:
Same question here?. Way back,more than 15yrs, the advantage was NRAI used to sell imported ammo and occasional guns also at subsidized rate. Thats not the case any more. Ammo is out of reach for the normal shooter, they sell to the competition participants and that too there is lot of running around.
Its not that they are available, u walkin with your membership and buy the ammo.
Yea the other advantage is that notification that NRAI member are not suppose to deposit weapon at the time of the election. But even this i didnt get it, what is there to do with the membership of NRAI to be exempted of this, it should be available to all. I never got the logic behind it. :(

For Advertising mail webmaster
adeeb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by adeeb » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 am

i want to get full information about NRAI
to get admission in it.

regards
Adeeb

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 pm

FULL info about enrolling is mentioned on the previous page only. :wink:
Full about the NRAI is mentioned on their site
http://www.nrai.in/

Please intro yourself bro in the Intro section on the forum. :D

david_mariadass
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by david_mariadass » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 am

Hi, I am from coimbatore (south india- tamil nadu). can anybody please tel me or give information about rifle clubs in coimbatore and the requirements to join the same. Presently I am working in dubai and had been out for a long time.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

sa_ali wrote: Yea the other advantage is that notification that NRAI member are not suppose to deposit weapon at the time of the election. But even this i didnt get it, what is there to do with the membership of NRAI to be exempted of this, it should be available to all. I never got the logic behind it. :(
Yes I fully appreciate and understand your question. I would like to quote the following to illustrate:
“Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything or nothing at pleasure.” —Thomas Jefferson
Our Arms Act 1959 perfectly fits this quote and perfectly confuses the executive to make anything mean everything or nothing, unless and until clause 40 under CHAPTER VI - MISCELLANEOUS of Arms Act 1959 is read and understood carefully.

You may also refer the ongoing post by me at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=23 and http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... r_5_6.html for:
CHAPTER VI - MISCELLANEOUS
40. Protection of action taken in good faith

No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.

41. Power to exempt

Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient in the public interest so to do, it may, by notification in the Official Gazette and subject to such conditions, if any, as it may specify in the notification,---

(a) exempt any person or class of persons, or exclude any description of arms or ammunition, or withdraw any part of India, from the operation of all or any of the provisions of this Act; and

(b) as often as may be, cancel any such notification and again subjects, by a like notification, the person or class of persons or the description of arms and ammunition or the part of India to the operation of such provisions.
Question: Is this an Act of law/article of good faith by the legislature being not understood by the confused executive by citing public interest hence directly/indirectly violating/abridging the fundamental rights of law abiding by making their fundamental rights a plaything by using this law/article of faith? Or that the legislature had overstepped their constitutional authority and this act is suffering from "Vice of over delegation"?

Answer: No matter what the perceived intentions of the legislature appear to any individual for enacting of the Arms Act 1959, it boils down to just an article of good faith. It becomes very clear from reading the clause 40 under CHAPTER VI - MISCELLANEOUS of Arms Act 1959 that the intentions of the legislature where very laudable and clear, reposing completely in the good faith of it's citizens. There is no need to go into the intended or implicit meanings or the context of the sentence or the words in it of the sentence "No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act" of clause 40 under CHAPTER VI - MISCELLANEOUS of Arms Act 1959. It is written in simple sentence in plain English constructed from commonly used and understood words. It follows from mere reading of this clause that "good faith" is the very basis for "anything" under this Arms Act 1959, therefore if by any mean/s, skill/s, document/s a person is able to establish a "good faith" with the licensing authority he can get any license under Arms Act. If "good faith" is the very basis for "anything" under this Arms Act 1959, then there should not be any trouble for Licensing Authority to issue any license under Arms Act 1959 instantly to every applicant in "good faith", if the applicant submits an affidavit clearly establishing "good faith" by means of affidavit like the reason for application(self protection, etc.), his identity and address. Question also arises if "good faith" is the very basis of this arms act, then even the requirement of a license for anything under Arms Act 1959 is unnecessary unless each and every citizen is a suspect. It also follows that since the very basis of this act is based on "good faith", there should not be any problem to implement or contest any of laws/by-laws/Rules/Notifications issued for the purpose of implementing Arms Act 1959 if a person is able to establish "good faith". It also follows since this Arms Act 1959 is essentially nothing but completely rests on good faith, the need for amendments to the law itself and subsequent by-laws/Rules/Notifications becomes unnecessary beyond the point of establishing good faith. Unless and until the government of the people, by the people, for the people becomes so insensitive that it starts having faith or starts loosing faith in its own people on the basis of merely if they just belong to a set of "class of persons" and starts implementing the clause 41. Power to exempt.

trammway
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by trammway » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Shooters,

Though my request seems to be strange, but if any of you from Chennai/Tamilnadu can help me I will appreciate your help. I wanted to see if any two NRAI members can endorse my NRAI application. I'm trying to apply for NRAI lifetime membership but I do not know any IPS/IAS or central govt gazetted rank employees to endorse hence I'm looking for any existing two members to endorse on my NRAI life member as stated with the quote "Wilelife association of India" in NRAI site.

Do post me your contact number if you are in Tamilnadu/Chennai and willing to help me, so I can meet you in person and obtain your help.

Much appreciated and thanks for looking at my post.

-Siva

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi trammway,
the 2 NRAI members who need to sign your application need not necessarily be from Chennai/TN they can be from anywhere :wink: so long as they are good standing members. Everyone will have some relative or friend or some one who knows a gazzetted officer :D .a
Regards,
Anand

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

hi david mariadass,you can join madurai rifle club.will mail you the address tomorow.

trammway
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by trammway » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:19 pm

David Mariadass & Dr. Jayakumar (of Pollachi ??),

You both can actually join the much nearer Rifle club that is Coimbatore Rifle Club, currently it's president is Dr. SylendraBabu IPS, Commissioner of Police, Coimbatore and he is a vivid sports person and who understand the sports.

The address of Coimbatore Rifle Club is:

Coimbatore Rifle Club
Prs Grounds, Avinashi Road,
Coimbatore Central, Coimbatore - 641018
+(91)-(422)-6539398

hobbyshooter2010
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hobbyshooter2010 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:03 am

hi, i have been trying to get details about NRAI for quite some time, the website is reported as a threat website and the net connection is stopped.

it's not only at our place, i have confirmed it by visiting the NRAI website from a cyber cafe. can any member share NRAI contact details.

regards.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Hobbyshooter, here are the number & adress of NRAI -

PH - 01129964091, 92, 93. (Mr Rajive Bhatia) is the contact guy, and

E-mail, is - [email protected].....

new Website Link - http://www.thenrai.in/

Address - 51-B, Institutional area, Tuglakabad, New Delhi - 62...(Walking distance from Batra Hospital)

Pls tell me what information u want, can i help u ?

)))cheers!!!
Amit

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri May 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Why doesn't some one get cases registered against the jokers at NRAI.I can think of several provisions under Prevention of Corruption Act,Arms Act and the CrPC that would apply to them considering what they have been upto.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri May 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Why don't you be that 'someone' and do us all a favour.... !

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri May 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Olly wrote:Why don't you be that 'someone' and do us all a favour.... !
I am not a member of the NRAI and so have no "reasonable cause"

Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Phew :( finished reading the thread.

I want to join the Haryana State Rifle Association but have not received a input on my thread and have tried everywhere (Internet, Govt Sport Office etc... DM's Office) but nobody seems to know where is thie operated from or who the contact person/place/address is!

Left with no option than to join thenrai.com (they could not even save the website domain nrai.in), have my form ready; nearest members request you to please introduce me too ( I am in gurgaon)

Gopal