How to start a Shooting Club?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
mathewthomasnet
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to start a Shooting Club?

Post by mathewthomasnet » Sun May 27, 2007 1:01 pm

Hi All,

It has been a nice experience here in this Club. Truly we can earnestly pray for getting the laws to be changed and making us avail for our birth right, to have a fire arm without too much of hurdles.

Well, could you please guide me thru the different stages for starting up a Shooting Club in my area. Some guys are interested here.

I want to know what all are the different steps for starting the club.

Does it require a license?
What all guns are needed for the club?
What will it cost for a gun used in a shooting club?
What all are the other requirements for starting up a club?

I would be much thankful if someone help me out.
Pls post reply here or send me a PM
Thanks,
Mathew :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Shooting Clubs -- How to Start ?

Post by Pran » Sun May 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Welcome aboard Thomas.Do introduce yourself in the introduction section and take time to complete your profile.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mehulkamdar

Re: Shooting Clubs -- How to Start ?

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon May 28, 2007 12:12 am

MAthew,

Welcome here. As Pran suggests, please post an introduction about yourself with your location details in the Introductions section so that members who are in your neck of the woods could work with you on this.

As far as starting a club is concerned, if you are planning on starting an air rifle club, a closed 10 metre room with something to catch pellets in the back against a wall would be enough. If you want a club where yu can shoot firearms then there would be several legal steps to follow. One of our members Danish Ahmad is in the process of starting a rifle club and you could learn from his experiences.

That said, there are several existing rifle clubs across the country and you may find it much easier to join one than t start a new one.

Best wishes and good shooting!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Procedure to affiliate shooting club with NRAI

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:23 pm

As topic says

Can somebody point me to some resource for requirements to open a shooting club and does NRAI recognize non ISSF shooting clubs?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 pm

NRAI membership details are at:
http://www.nrai.in/membershipform.html

They should probably take in any state or recognized club as an affiliate....
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 pm

You need to get your club constitution worked out, then register it with the registrar of societies, then apply for an arms license for the club, then affiliate it either with the State association or directly with NRAI or maybe even both...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Inder,

Your best bet is to write to the General Secretary of the NRAI and get your answers.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:56 pm

TenX";p="55845 wrote:NRAI membership details are at:
http://www.nrai.in/membershipform.html

They should probably take in any state or recognized club as an affiliate....
Thanks TenX, I already read that but wasn't clear about the non-ISSF bit.

mundaire";p="55846 wrote: You need to get your club constitution worked out, then register it with the registrar of societies, then apply for an arms license for the club, then affiliate it either with the State association or directly with NRAI or maybe even both...
Thanks Abhijeet,

Does one need to apply for an arms license if its airgun only club.

Mack The Knife Bana";p="55847 wrote: Inder,
Your best bet is to write to the General Secretary of the NRAI and get your answers.
Mack The Knife
Thanks Rusty, will do that

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 pm

I agree with Mack The Knife
cheers
sankar
Mack The Knife Bana";p="55847 wrote: Inder,

Mack The Knife
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 pm

mundaire";p="55846 wrote:You need to get your club constitution worked out, then register it with the registrar of societies, then apply for an arms license for the club, then affiliate it either with the State association or directly with NRAI or maybe even both...
Post registration wouldnt it be better to get affiliation first and then apply for the arms lic on behalf of the club,me thinks it would be easier to get the lic then.

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 pm

It would be easier to get a license from police once its affiliated i.e. recognised from NRAI.....

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:59 pm

Why do you need to affiliate an airguns only club which pursues non-ISSF disciplines? I fail to see any benefits...

Also, you wouldn't need an arms license for the club if you are only involved in airgun sports. AFAIK the arms license is needed for the club to buy & hold firearms and ammunition stores.

Yes, affiliation should theoretically make the arms license process easier for the club.

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:46 am

mundaire";p="55879 wrote:Why do you need to affiliate an airguns only club which pursues non-ISSF disciplines? I fail to see any benefits...
Remeber latest import notification :wink:

-Inder

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:21 am

Guess Inder is right... Import of Air guns require affiliated club membership... :-)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:04 am

IIRC it does not say anywhere that the club must be affiliated with NRAI, it merely says that it should be "recognised". What constitutes "recognised" and how does one get "recognised" is left to ones imagination...

In such a situation I guess even a certificate from the municipal authorities "recognising" your airgun shooting range as such etc. should/ could do the trick...

www.gunowners.in