NRAI . Its role , bonafides and activities - are they really encouraging and facilitating an air gunner or a gun holder

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

NRAI . Its role , bonafides and activities - are they really encouraging and facilitating an air gunner or a gun holder

Post by Woods » Mon May 08, 2017 11:42 am

The national Rifle Association and the affiliated state /District rifle associations were seemingly constituted to facilitate shooting as a sport . Per se , these associations were assumed to provide a platform to anyone desirous of pursuing shooting as a sport , to identify the enthusiast and assist him in procuring good equipment and facilities . It's year 2017 . Are these associations really doing this . Are they struggling anyway for these ends ? And are they really exercising the freedoms and powers already given to them by law ? :roll:
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: NRAI . Its role , bonafides and activities - are they really encouraging and facilitating an air gunner or a gun hol

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon May 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Since joined this forum, most of the comments that have been read were negative for these organizations, lot of corruption and increasing membership fees etc. The Sports Ministry is supposed to fund these organizations. How much money is received, how the money is spend, are these organizations making it transparent?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: NRAI . Its role , bonafides and activities - are they really encouraging and facilitating an air gunner or a gun hol

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 pm

The fees for these associations have escalated tremendously .Even if you pay the fees ,the internal factionalism and red tape makes sure you are at best making a bet of going through ,no guarantees. I am not taking names due to some proceedings but its really frustrating being made to run around .I am stuck at couple of association memberships and paid full fee at one of them since last 3 years for lifetime membership but not received my card .I don't want the membership just for the heck of it or importing fire or air arms but because I love the sport ,but the merry go round happening here is just sapping my enthusiasm .I can afford and pay for the membership but still would say the fees are steep without any guarantee.I a can imagine what would be the case for a young aspirant without the means to pay for the gargantuan demands .This even before you come down to the real thing i.e equipment .This I feel is a concerted effort to finish the sport by killing the golden goose.

My respect for sportsmen has increased exponentially for bringing laurel to the country despite such obstinacy from the establishment .

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Tue May 09, 2017 11:12 am

These associations have been given rights to being equipments for the members -- they never do .
If you reach them to practice, you have to bring your own guns/airguns .
If you want to purchase .32ACP cartridges , only IOF ammunition available ---at the same time ---- they are inviting interest from members for the purchase of exotic cartridges which have nothing to do with shooting sport , at all .
Just visit their website and see yourself .

NRAI never struggled , NEVER , to get any relaxation for its members regarding DGFT notification which bans us from purchasing even a single firearm from outside the country . Theoretically , you have to acquire MQS by Ashani and sisters then all of a sudden you become eligible to buy 10 guns from abroad . This all gives anyone reason to believe that in fact these associations are themselves serving as a tie rod to the corrupt mechanism regarding arms in india .

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Woods wrote:This all gives anyone reason to believe that in fact these associations are themselves serving as a tie rod to the corrupt mechanism regarding arms in india .
It appears, you have accurately analyzed the problem. Had read on this forum long time back, there are number of State level shooting associations or clubs that exist only on paper, having offices located in some obscure location like residential apartment or house. They do not have any shooting range or interested in getting new members. Why they prefer to exist only on paper? Are they like bogus shell companies? Do they receive funds from concerned department and then "spend" the money?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 pm

IMHO, NRAI has never played in an active part regarding nuturing the basic low level shooters in towns , and small cities. As GOOD BOY_ MENTOR said , there are either "" SHELL CLUBS'' or real shooting clibs which are like "" COSMOPOLITAN CLUB "" or "" GYMKANA CLUB "" ,in other words, are sort of ''HOUSE OF LORDS'' where even spectators have to be millioniares, have right connections or political dons. Here nobody recogonises or even tutors a good shooter with a desi opensight air gun or any desi weapon ( IOF and local brands) which is used for practice and competetion . Only if you flash all the high fi eqiuipment and phoren weapons at the range,acessories ,bought through the club from a particular company, which has its agents in all clubs , who are mostly office bearers of that club( and their children, ), you will be noticed and trained, with choice ammo ( SK, LAPUA, ELEY, Etc) . Then if these priviledged shooters winn a medal or become aspiring or renowned shot, they become a CLASS OF SORTS and APARTHIED is practiced and a inner circle is formed . No new upcomming shooter is encouraged, trained proffessionally or directed properly.
There are instances where, these neglected good shooters are willfully demoralised by not being informed of upcomming matches, denying railway fare concessions, accomodation, transport and details etc.
If NRAI compiles COMMON ,BASIC rules AND FRAME WORKS for all the shooting conected issues like CONSTITUTION, ELECTION, RANGE, SAFETY, EQUIPMENT, STANDARDS, TRAINING AND ADMINISTRATION , and opens branch offices and sales depots in all states, From time to time give the lawmakers practical corrections and suggestions to modify, amend the Arms laws and rules, actively and lawfuly influence the govt on arms , ammunition manufacture and import, it will go a long way in building a very healthy, responsible and third line of defence for the country.
If NRAI had audited the quality of civilian and military small arms and ammunition ,civilian arms and ammo manufactured by IOFwhould have been world class and cheap. When imported ammo and arms are available in NRAI sales depot for 1/4 of the price of home made (IOF) arms and ammo and worst in quality , NRAI is not bothered or indifferent to the reality. The desi low level shooters who have to pay through their noses are fleeced by IOF. NRAI is a mute spectator to this. If NRAI plays a pro active role, INDIAN shooting will shine even better.
JAI HIND.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 am

Very Rightly said by goodboy_mentor and VeeVeeaar.

Whether its NRAI or any Local Association. Now a days its more like a sports of Elite Upper class, Who can afford to purchase imported Weapons and shots like peanuts they are in and the rest of the country will out and watch form the boundaries.

I have experiences where some of the achiever shooters are pathetically harassed for AL, and some businessmen sons who claimed that they have a life threat due to their titanic business issued AL immediately.

In how many ways A rightful applicant for AL can be harassed that i have witnessed for one of my friend. the applicant need to pay bribe to Thana ( Of Courses through the Pimps.) then again at DM/DC office Level ( Again though Pimps. who is in general the office staff) then again at the time of issue of AL, of course they have to go and meet different officials and pass all the Handles and have convince themselves for this sort of harassment .

In one word its the most expensive and pathetically managed sports in India ( not within the Range of any ordinary person ) where red tape and non sports persons played with full of its glory.
Regards
Regards

Shivaji

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Fri May 12, 2017 4:15 pm

As a matter of fact I know of a few associations (State !!)who exist just just on paper ,and so called members come out in numbers in local club competitions once a year wearing the jerseys !! All that exists in the name of the clubs is these "jerseys" once a year ! Lord knows whats going on behind the scene .I would soon raise a public grievance on the central government portal .

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Fri May 12, 2017 8:22 pm

jatindra Singh Deo wrote:As a matter of fact I know of a few associations (State !!)who exist just just on paper ,and so called members come out in numbers in local club competitions once a year wearing the jerseys !! All that exists in the name of the clubs is these "jerseys" once a year ! Lord knows whats going on behind the scene .I would soon raise a public grievance on the central government portal .
Please visit NRAI website , see the list of things available to be purchased by individuals vis-a-vis things available to be purchased by Associations . You will smell the reasons .

Added in 1 minute 26 seconds:
Re: NRAI . Its role , bonafides and activities - are they really encouraging and facilitating an air gunner or a gun holder
:oops: http://www.thenrai.in/saledivision.aspx

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:I have experiences where some of the achiever shooters are pathetically harassed for AL, and some businessmen sons who claimed that they have a life threat due to their titanic business issued AL immediately.

In how many ways A rightful applicant for AL can be harassed that i have witnessed for one of my friend. the applicant need to pay bribe to Thana ( Of Courses through the Pimps.) then again at DM/DC office Level ( Again though Pimps. who is in general the office staff) then again at the time of issue of AL, of course they have to go and meet different officials and pass all the Handles and have convince themselves for this sort of harassment .
This type of observations about rampart corruption related to issue of arms licenses has also been made by Courts a number of times but unfortunately the matters seem to be going from bad to worse day by day. In one such judgement, the court had even imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on District magistrate, the judgment can be read here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16494

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Fri May 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Most of All such Associations or Organisations are serving Elites and became "Political Akhada"

not much serving to the Sport or Activity including Fundamental Rights guaranteed in the Constitution
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat May 13, 2017 12:35 pm

In this context I want to mention , I have seen that in many towns there are some private shooting ranges opening up .I don't want to name any of them, but I speak to some of them for my daughter, all of they are said that they have all the govt. Approvals and if the kid have a minimum performance then they have all connections to put him or her for all competitions. As I have posed myself new to this field so their first offer is to sale a costly AR to me will some unimaginable price ( claimed that the company " Steyr, Wahther, hammerli ,precihole and others are giving discount to there shooting range otherwise the cost is atleast 15-20% high in open market) Hammerli is starting from 90K whereas Wahther is started from 1.80L. precihole is approx 22K.
three of the Club/Range i have checked either running in basement or the Rooftop area of a residential building. when i checked about who is the Owner and who is the trainer then come to know that mostly the owner is some businessman who was never in this sports and the trainer is either his son/ son in law or some person who has some shooting exp. no where any skilled shooter is involved to grow the talents. hardly a 10m AR range is all the setups have.
I am not sure how much this will be helpful in developing the sports and the new talents.

My Request to All the Renowned and senior members of forum that can we ( of course without criticizing any association or club ) highlight the good Shooting Associations/ Clubs where the next level shooters can really go and enjoy this sports.
regards.
Regards

Shivaji

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sat May 13, 2017 2:54 pm

All associations have some quirks but I must say so far my experience at the MRA has been good. Whilst they operate in their own way, the range officer Anil is quite a sound guy and the general secretary Mrs Sheila Kanango is outstanding - not only as a shooter but also as a coach. Her basic course in pistol was brilliantly helpful in enhancing my shooting.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

@Shivaji Dasgupta - sorry forgot to mention that I am not a senior member- just wanted to share my experience thus far - been a member at the MRA for around 3 years now

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Its Alright and thanks a lot for the info. SMJ. The group is Spread all across the Country and I think This is the only way we can share the valuable info. we have so far from our Exp.
Regards

Shivaji