Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting (AIMS) - Pune

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
amko67
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting (AIMS) - Pune

Post by amko67 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Pune-based gunners: you might want to check out

Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting (AIMS)

Address: ‘Tushar’, Income Tax Lane, off Prabhat Road, Pune 411 004

Tel: 020-2543 3891

AIMS offers a 3-week training course in air pistol/rifle shooting at their range in Warje, Pune for Rs 2,500 - fee includes 1-year membership/access to the range.

Mr Kothari informs me that AIMS is affiliated to the Maharashtra Rifle Association.

cheers,
amko67

For Advertising mail webmaster
varun.iyer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting (AIMS) - Pune

Post by varun.iyer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi,
my name is varun and i would like to join ur three week training course.
Do i have to have a valid arms license to attend this training program.

crazeeankit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Fraud Institute - AIMS

Post by crazeeankit » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 am

Hey people, am a 22year old male who has been takin shooting lessons at
Mr. Tushar Kothari's (AIMS)
Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting,
Behind Paranjape Constructions Office,
Prabhat Road,
Near Deccan Gymkhana,
Pune.

I joined d institute in April 2010 & i've been practicing shooting ever since.

Mr. Tushar Kothari eventually lured me into buying an Air Rifle for which he charged me 8,800Rs. + 400Rs for other Bank work.
He gave me a Fake Recipt for d rifle under d heading of "Toy Arms Gun Shop - Ravivar Peth"
On asking for d Proof of d Bank Charges, he clearly denied it, when I didnot accept to leave until i get d proof or my money, he started yelling & tried to throw me out of his home & later threatened me about taking me to d police station. 

Ultimately i left but when i realised that d recipt was fake, i personally contacted the Gun Shop Owner.
Thus eventually d fraud which was under play got vivid, d shopkeeper accepted that d recipt was fake & d original price at which Mr. Tushar Kothari was given d rifle was around 5000Rs.

This is how i had been made a fool by Mr. Tushar Kothari. He charged me 4000Rs extra for d Rifle & also forged a duplicate bill to decept me into paying him this money.

So people, i've had a verry bitter experience with Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting. (AIMS)

& If you need an Air Rifle,
Dont fall prey to a******s [edited, please mind your language - Moderator] like Tushar Kothari,
Instead, go to the Authorised dealer of Air Weapons in Pune...

The address is
Toy Arms,
Sonya Maharaj Chowk,
Ravivar Peth.

Moreover, the family owning this dealership is a respectable & trustworthy family who will help U if U face problems..
& surely wont try to take advantage of your lack of knowledge like Amateur Institute of Modern Shooting Owner - Tushar Kothari did to me..
Its coz of d owner of Toy Arms Gun Shop i got my money back from dat fraud.
& am verry thankful to him for all d help.

So people,
Beware!!
Play safe!
Happy Shooting!!

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:01 am

You can do the same by going to Buy/Sell: feedback section and putting your remarks there, instead of cluttering the board with the same post in multiple threads.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Introduction

Post by hvj1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:14 pm

amko67 & crazeeankit
I am a bt confused out here gentlemen, first of all crazeeankit is claiming to be duped by amko67 who is supposed to be one Tushar Kothari. If crazeeankit is claiming that amko067 and tushar kothari are one and the same, then how does one explain, that Tushar Kothari is NEW to shooting as he has claimed in his introduction, while at the same time have a registered shooting institute affiliated to the Maharashtra Rifle Association.
1. Crazeeankit, do you have proof to back your accusations ? If not then it would be advisable for you to be very carefull before you make such accusations.
2. amko67, if you are Tushar Kothari, then how is it that you have a registered shooting institute, when you yourself claim to be new to target shooting?
3. If your institute is already affiliated to MRA, then why are you thinking of taking membership of PDRA, to use their range? Then where is your institute's range?
4. If you are new to target shooting and air guns, then how do you train new shooters?
Kindly clear the air.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:20 pm

I suppose since the transaction was not conducted on IFG, it might not be appropriate to post this in the feedback section of the IFG buy/sell threads. Instead , he is giving a feedback on someone running a club under a thread devoted to the club itself. Reasonable? My take

Crazeeankit, have you considered going to the police? I would welcome Tushar Kothari to give his side of the story if he can, otherwise this looks very shady. Since Abhinav Bindra's success, there has been a surge of interest in shooting. I wouldn't be surprised if this has started giving some people fresh ideas to con the gullible.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:33 pm

amko67 & crazeeankit
I am a bt confused out here gentlemen, first of all crazeeankit is claiming to be duped by amko67 who is supposed to be one Tushar Kothari. If crazeeankit is claiming that amko067 and tushar kothari are one and the same, then how does one explain, that Tushar Kothari is NEW to shooting as he has claimed in his introduction, while at the same time have a registered shooting institute affiliated to the Maharashtra Rifle Association.
1. Crazeeankit, do you have proof to back your accusations ? If not then it would be advisable for you to be very carefull before you make such accusations.
2. amko67, if you are Tushar Kothari, then how is it that you have a registered shooting institute, when you yourself claim to be new to target shooting?
3. If your institute is already affiliated to MRA, then why are you thinking of taking membership of PDRA, to use their range? Then where is your institute's range?
4. If you are new to target shooting and air guns, then how do you train new shooters?
Kindly clear the air.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:33 pm

crazeeankit wrote:
"This is how i had been made a fool by Mr. Tushar Kothari. He charged me 4000Rs extra for d Rifle & also forged a duplicate bill to decept me into paying him this money."

Sorry to read about your bitter experience.
No wonder he has named it AMATEUR Institute of Modern Shooting.
The place must be "out of bounds" for the "professionals".
Wish you had "read between the lines" before joining the place n been more careful.
Cheers

-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:43 pm --

and varun.iyer
You don't need a "valid arms licence to attend this programme" or any other programme . Happy Shooting.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Dear Prashant Singh and Hamiclar
1. If Tushar Kothari and amko67 are one and the same, then lets wait for his rebuttal.
2. If there is no rebuttal, then crazyankit can rest his case and we will have to accept his word.
3. Then I am also very curious to know, how a State Rifle Association, can give affiliation to somebody like Tushar Kothari, who himself has claimed in his introduction, that he is new to target shooting and airguns, (i.e. assuming that amko67 and kothari are one and the same as stated by crazyankit)while on the other hand his institute is conducting training for beginners and screwing up their futures without doubt?
4. I am also curious to know, why the MRA has given affiliation to AIMS in the city of Pune run by Tushar kothari, when he knows zilch about shooting, whereas steadfastly refuse affiliation to Mr. Gani Shaikh of Pune District Rifle Association who has not only represented Maharashtra, but has won dozens of medals as part of the Maharashtra SHooting Team and is doing a fair job of training beginners.
Last edited by hvj1 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crazeeankit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Mistake Maybe..

Post by crazeeankit » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Heyy people!!
I am xtrrreeeamly sorry but i might hav mistaken here!!

I am not sure if amko67 & Tushar Kothari are two diffrent ppl or a single entity..
I thought amko67 is Tushar Kothari because he was d one who wrote d advertisement about Amateur Institute Shooting.

But the whole scene is 100% true
This thing happened to me yesterday itself!!

I have not yet gone to d police because my parents dont stay here.
Am a doctor... Am done with my mbbs & am currently an intern in Bharati Hospital. I didnot want any police trouble for myself.

I was thinkin of goin to d police but d owner of Toy Arms Gun Shop helped me in getting my money back from Mr. Tushar Kothari.

I even called up Mr. Gani Shaikh Sir & reported him about d incidence!!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Introduction

Post by mundaire » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:11 pm

crazeeankit your account has been suspended for 24 hours due to posting the same content across multiple threads. Please adhere to basic "netiquette" while making posts in future.

crazeeankit & amko67 could you please clearify as requested by hvj1 above.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:22 pm

amko67 wrote:P

Mr Kothari informs me that AIMS is affiliated to the Maharashtra Rifle Association.

cheers,
amko67
Dear hvj 1,
How can Kothari and amko67 be the same ?

-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm --

Like I mentioned ...this shooting club is for amateurs . Not for professionals like you (hvj1) . Cheers

ankitankit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

I was suspended... Whyy???

Post by ankitankit » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:34 pm

& yess...
I am having all the proofs to support my accusations..
Mr. Tushar Kothari claims to be a Silver Medal Winner on all india level which is also written on his Institute's prospectus.
+
he has verbally mentioned many times dat he has grabbed d gold medal of Maharashtra State twice.

I can even leave my contact number if any1 wants to talk to me regarding this matter.

I dont know why i was suspended from commenting on this post!
That is the reason i used another ID to comment here!!

He also fools his students by selling the .22calibre 100pellets pack for 55Rs & 500pellets pack for 210Rs.

The original prices of d packs available at Toy Arms Gun Shop - Raviwar peth are 25Rs for 100pellets & 110Rs for 500pellets.

-crazeeankit

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:38 pm

"Enter the Dragon" ......................crazeeankit.
"Return of the Dragon"..................ankitankit.

ankitankit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ankitankit » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:39 pm

I am sorry mundaire!!
I wont post the same material repeatedly on multiple threads again!!
-crazeeankit