Whats wrong with the system??!!

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Whats wrong with the system??!!

Post by shooter » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 pm

For those watching Abhinav's interview, he has mentioned very clearly, that the NRAI must have qualified and experienced coaches, who have the ability to nurture talent from the early stages to international standards.

Unfortunately, the coaches with the NRAI, the very same officials, who elect the top brass of the NRAI,get themselves appointed as coaches. just to enjoy videsh yatrs (foreign trips) with the team.
Many shooters complain, that these officials instead of learning from other international coaches, only sit around or go shopping.

The NRAI and all other sports associations in the country, have a lot of power because of the Constitution of these Associations. Take for example the some state Rifle Associations, who can vote? Clubs and District Associations ONLY. So people can float hundreds of DUMMY clubs on PAPER, these dummy clubs are then run by their cronies. At the time of the vote, these dummy clubs vote back their netas.
This is what happens in every association. If you really need to change the system, then only the athlete or shooter or any player should be allowed to vote. Any player who has participated in three National Championships, MUST be allowed to Vote. The moment you stop representing the state, you will lose your voting rights. Only State Awardees, may retain the right to vote.
So also the National Federations,If the same rule is applied to voting for the National Federations, Only current players and sports awardees at the national level, Arjuna, Padma SHree,etc should be allowed to vote.
Then you see the sweeping changes that come about.
Merely changing the president and secretary after two terms, will not cut the ice.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Whats wrong with the system??!!

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:36 pm

would agree that the whole system needs to be revamp and should be user friendly. :agree:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:10 pm

:agree: :agree: :agree:
i have heard some of the NRAI elections, they are like political battle ground, truck load of members being brought from all over the country, members who dont know anything about shooting.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 pm

sa_ali wrote::agree: :agree: :agree:
i have heard some of the NRAI elections, they are like political battle ground, truck load of members being brought from all over the country, members who dont know anything about shooting.
elections? now that is new one to me. NRAI as far as i know hav't had a elections for some time.
Nagarifle

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:26 pm

i remember something like 3-4 yrs back. Lot of new members where made prior to that in the meerut district and they were brought in for voting. :D

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:31 pm

so when is the next one, and when do we take over the universe? :D
Nagarifle

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm

that will be expense considering making members at 15k :wink:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:23 pm

21+ i think for life :shock:
Nagarifle

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Does anyone know the following about NRAI or at least how this information can be found:

a)Detailed acts/notifications by which NRAI was formed/any amendments done later on
b)Present legal status of NRAI
c)Detailed stated objectives/goals of NRAI
d)Detailed constitution and rules of NRAI by which it is supposed to be run to meet it's goals/objectives
e)Details of when and how much NRAI has deviated from it's constitution, rules, stated objectives and goals.

My main purpose is, if NRAI is a government body or an organization being run/funded by government money, it's membership rules and fees should be such that every citizen of the country finds it easy and affordable to join NRAI. Clearly not a fees of Rs 21+K, such an amount of fees displays a motive to make membership unaffordable and discourage common citizens from joining NRAI. This should not be the case for any government body or an organization being run/funded by government money .

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Good point goodboy , cheers !
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:23 pm

just for interest does any one know what other sports body ie hockey, football charges for membership fees?
Nagarifle

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 pm

just for interest does any one know what other sports body ie hockey, football charges for membership fees?
Here we go, we have contact details of all sports federations of India: http://www.olympic.ind.in/national_spor ... tions.html
I have downloaded the "Constitution" of Indian Olympic Association from http://www.olympic.ind.in/ as per it the Membership Fees(Admission Fee and Annual Renewal Fee) is Rs 1000 each, for National Sports Federations/Associations included in Olympic, Asian, Commonwealth Games Programme and the SSCB. Hence NRAI is paying only Rs 1000 as membership to IOA but charging the following for membership as per http://www.nrai.in/membershipform.html :
Life membership fee: Rs. 21000/-, Membership Card Rs. 75/- plus service Tax @ 10.30 Rs. 2171/- (Total Rs. 23246/-)
Annual membership fee: Admission Fee Rs. 7500/-, Membership Card Rs. 75/- , 5 years advance Membership Fee @ Rs. 500/- per year plus Service Tax @ 10.30% Rs. 1038/-(Total Rs. 11113/-)
Admission fee: Rs. 500/- plus Service Tax @ 10.30% (Total Rs. 552/-) per year
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
Here we go, we have contact details of all sports federations of India: http://www.olympic.ind.in/national_spor ... tions.html
ta very much ROTFL
Nagarifle

ravi.sharma
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by ravi.sharma » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 am

Hi GBM,

Don't know the insights or the operation philosphy of NRAI
" but in the last thread of NRAI being slapped for Rs. 8 Crore"
. It was mentioned that NRAI is not run by the Sports Authority of India and the link posted by you seems to have the directives for the Club or Associations registered with SAI. Hence, i think NRAI has the liberty of charging membership fees as per their wishes :evil: . Which on Audit (if it happens) will be justified properly against various expenses and promotion of the sports (I was laughing while writting PROMOTION). :twisted:

As i mentioned earlier, not aware of the insights, so i might be wrong over here. Would love to hear from the members of NRAI.

:cheers:
Ravi.
Believing Everybody is Dangerous; Believing Nobody is Very Dangerous..........

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 pm

i think NRAI has the liberty of charging membership fees as per their wishes
If I am not wrong, NRAI receives grants from government. So the question arises, if any organization is receiving government money, does the government have no say in the rules, charges and functioning of that organization? Or before granting the money, the government is not required to check the rules, charges and fair functioning of that organization in interest of all citizens?