Delhi State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association Membership

Post by nupadhya » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Further update: Spoke to Rajeev Sharma (Secy DSRA). The Non Resident Member category is for those who are not Delhi Residents - so anyone, irrespective of residential address, can be a DSRA member.

So now, I am eligible to apply for a DSRA membership, being a Gurgaon resident. ROTFL Just need a couple of existing DSRA members to recommend me. Please help! Thanks. :please:

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 pm

AFAIK Non-resident members do not have voting rights.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Abhijeet - can they (non resident members) participate in the Delhi State Shooting Championships - that would be important, for me atleast. thanks

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:23 pm

You don't even need to be a member to participate... to the best of my knowledge! You simply need to sign off on the form stating that you will not represent any other state in the Nationals/ Pre-Nationals for the next 3 years.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. - I have so far received no response to my reply (to your PM), guess my requirement to sign up yourself and rope in some members for NAGRI, was too much, eh? :P

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

I was going through the Delhi State Championship circulars from previous years and it says "open to members of DSRA". Hence, I guess you need to be a member or an affiliate of DSRA (direct or indirect). But of course you all are pro's - let me know if my reading is incorrect.

Regards, Neeshant

PS: you have a detailed PM from me w.r.t our mutual requests.

karan698
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by karan698 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 am

Hi friends
My name is Karan Bindra and I am an Practicing Advocate in Delhi though because of my busy schedule i have taken break from shooting for sometime. However now as i have taken out time and planned to start my shooting practice again and for that purpose I have taken the form of DSRA from Mr. Sharma as I do not anyone right now so requested them someone who can sign on the form and he has advised me to go to Sri fort where I went today and there were two shooters who were already member of DSRA so I have requested them to be kind enough to sign on my form as they do not know me so they refused to sign its okay i can understand but still i requested them and asked them to see my Icard of Court or take business card so that you can have little knowledge about me as i am not default case and I am genuine but they started to show their tantrum which was really bad experience for me. May be this is not happened with me ever because of this but the shooters attitude was very wrong as I cant name him but it was an bad experience.
Well guys i am writing you this all stuff just tell you my experience and I want to request same from you guys that if there is any member of DSRA and can sign on my form then I will be very obliged or may be someone can refer.

I hope there might be some generous person in DSRA who can help me out in this.

Thanking you
Regards
Karan Bindra

karan698
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by karan698 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 am

HI Guys
I am an Advocate based in Delhi and I also love shooting as I have been trained but due to busy schedule I was not able to continue it anyways now I have managed some time for my passion and I want to get membership for DSRA. However I do not know anyone in the shooting or at DSRA and I need to get signed by any two members to complete my form.
I want to request that is there any DSRA member who can be kind enough to help me out in this.

Regards
Karan Bindra

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:15 am

Pardon me, I do not mean to be rude. May I ask is your interest about getting membership limited to only getting an arms license for yourself or it extends beyond it, like willing to do something positive for gun rights so that people do not have to face similar situation as yours?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi All, is there a temporary moratorium on handing out new DSRA memberships? My membership form is pending approval with DSRA since 3rd March'12 with no action taken. I am told some elections are to happen. Is that true (?).

Would anyone have any news or insights. OR is this just a regular delay and a standard 'bahana' - it is really frustrating.

regards,

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:08 pm

I spoke to Rajiv Sharma and he said the application will be considered only after the elections- which will take 2-3 months from NOW!

Not sure if you've already got your membership nupadhya. Going by the feedback I have got regarding DSRA the team is quite competent and responsive. Unlikely they will be giving excuses.

- SS

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Elections already took place this past winter, I don't think the next elections would be due for at least another couple of years...

www.gunowners.in

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:17 pm

:roll:

Will go to pick up my form within the next couple of days so will update this post again. Is this the same Rajiv Sharma who also manages Faridabad Gun house?

-SS

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Membership definitely on hold for the time being. Spoke to a gentleman of DSRA at Dr. KSSR who said he wasn't aware of the reason. Can't recall his name but he is the one who manages ammo distribution to DSRA members.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Merde!
To Excellence through Diligence.

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Spoke to Rajiv Sharma and he said the reason for holding back memberships is due to elections. Unlikely for new memberships to be issued before Sept which leaves me in a fix- all guns- no blazing!