Delhi State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:06 pm

There is a voting process but Mr.Saigal can give you the details. It is now Rs.1000 for annual membership and there is a life membership but I can't recall the exact amount.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi Dev,

Are you a member of DSRA??

-Nishant

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:52 am

Spoke to Dr. Rajpal from DSRA yesterday, apparently elections are due in Nov and no new members will be admitted until they are over... sounded like a change of guard maybe in the offing...

Delhi State championships will most probably be held in March - once kids are through with their exams...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:10 pm

But I guess they will do renewals or is that also off?
Gives everyone time to practice.

Dev

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association

Post by Risala » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:59 pm

What is the membership fee for DSRA,is it annual or lifetime like NRAI.

If it's the former how much is the renewal each year and are there any benefits like subsidised ammo etc

Sanjay

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:22 pm

Sanjay";p="30479 wrote:What is the membership fee for DSRA,is it annual or lifetime like NRAI.

If it's the former how much is the renewal each year and are there any benefits like subsidised ammo etc

Sanjay
Sanjay,

Both NRAI & DSRA have annual and lifetime membership options. For the fee structure for DSRA I'm afraid I didn't really ask... will do so next time I speak with one of the officials there. Meanwhile if anyone else has current info on this, do feel free to pipe up...

I believe imported ammo is available in limited quantities for practice at the range, though I have never really procured any from them - so am clueless as to the modalities and price... Needless to say the emptys & unfired ammo must be returned after each session prior to leaving the range premises.

Also got the sad (though expected) confirmation that DSRA's plans on acquiring land and building their own range have been postponed indefinitely... as the govt. is unwilling to allot them any land and they themselves cannot afford the INR 10,000,000/- plus required to acquire a minimum of 1 acre needed for a basic set up with 10m, 25m & 50m ranges...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:54 pm

Where do DSRA members shoot today ? At Tughlakabad Karni SIngh ranges ?

Can non Delhi residents also become members, so that they can participate in shooting sports while in Delhi ?

I guess Abhijeet some Delhi IFG members should try and get on office bearer board of DSRA.

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:16 pm

Called up Mr. Sehgal today. The membership shall open in Dec. , 2007 after elections.

The Life membership is Rs. 7,500/-

Abhijeet, should stand for some DSRA office bearer post.

-Nishant

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm

shahid";p="30506 wrote:Can non Delhi residents also become members, so that they can participate in shooting sports while in Delhi ?
Yep, the Dr. Karni Singh shooting range (at Tuglaqabad) is run by SAI and anyone can pay up and become a member there. IIRC the minimum membership period they have on offer is 3 months, for approx INR 3,000/- or so... have not been there in more than a decade, so not sure if one has to pay range fees each time on goes there to shoot, over and above the membership fee... maybe someone else who uses the place would be able to clarify this point. They used to have Browning & Beretta shotguns for hire, as well as .22 pistols and airguns etc. - most were 1982 vintage, probably still have the same stock of guns...

However, in the normal course SAI DOES NOT issue imported ammo for practice at the range - one must procure one's own ammo, unless one has a special sanction from the sports ministry to buy ammo from SAI ammo stocks kept at the range.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:19 pm

nm";p="30510 wrote:Abhijeet, should stand for some DSRA office bearer post.
Thank you, but seriously doubt if anyone will vote for me! ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:10 am

mundaire";p="30512 wrote:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
I think its a plan. Delhi has more than the magnificent 7. So belly up to the post Abhijeet maybe we can begin plan B from here :-).

DEV

paddy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

DSRA Membership - SOS -

Post by paddy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:34 am

Dear Friends,

I am trying to get membership of Delhi State Rifle Association and have spoken to the Doctor Sahib few times for the same. But the membership is still pending. They are neihter accepting nor denying fully.

I am sure there are many DSRA members here and also the Doc Sahib is a regular at the Sri Fort Range. Please help me!

Regards

Paddy

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:38 am

Paddy,

DSRA is to conduct it's internal elections in a few weeks time... Till the elections are over and new office bearers in office, no new membership applications are being accepted...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Cheers!
Abhijeet
I bet Abhijeet will win hands-down... What say, Abhijeet ??

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Olly";p="31675 wrote:
Cheers!
Abhijeet
I bet Abhijeet will win hands-down... What say, Abhijeet ??
How many of us are voting members? The elections are on the 2nd of December at Vishwa Yuvak Kendra at 4.30 or so. I am gonna be there to renew my stuff.

Dev