Delhi State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association

Post by gverma » Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

The process is as follows

1. Buy a form from one ofthe governing body members, you can PM me for there contact details
2. You need to then get it signed by 2 members of DSRA. You can get that done at Sirifort or Karni Singh
3. Next Get the form attested by a gaz officer.
4. Submit it with a cheaque / draft.

Hope this helps

For Advertising mail webmaster
Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Delhi State Rifle Association Membership

Post by Biren » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:42 am

Hi,

I want to be member of DSRA. Can anybody who is DSRA member tell me the procedure & help me please in getting membership? Like whom to contact and the procedural formalities.

Thanks inadvance

Biren

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association Membership

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Mate,

You can get the form from Rajeev Sharma or any DSRA functionary, fill it up and hand it over.

As far as the procedural formalities are concerned, here is what I can recall:
Provide Attested Copy of Residence and ID proof (G.O.I documents) along with Membership Form**
The Membership Form also needs the endorsement/signatures of two existing DSRA members.

**there is a section of the form if I can recall correctly that has to be filled and attested by a Gazetted Govt officer for it to be accepted.

I had mine done around 3 years ago, so some of these might have changed, you might need to check it personally and post an update.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Dear Amit,

You have a PM.

Regards
Bodhisattwa Dasgupta
Shoot Safe and Shoot Smart...

MNP
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MNP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:37 am

Hi. Can anyone please tell me where I can get the Delhi State Rifle Association form and/or give me the contact information of the governing body members? Also, I understand the form needs to be endorsed by two existing members. Could any of the existing members on the forum help me with this?

Finally, are there any advantages of joining the NRAI versus joining the DSRA? The DSRA website has a form for purchase of pellets. Do they usually have enough stock for one to import a rifle relying on them for ammo? Does the NRAI have a similar facility?

Thanks in advance.

NP

A2J
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by A2J » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm

hi friends,planning to apply for the DSRA membership, seeking Mr.sharma's number like others before..
If you can help...

Thanks and Regards,

abhinav

TRX
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TRX » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Would you mind explaining something to an ignorant foreigner?

That seems like an awful lot of bureaucracy for a membership. Is membership linked to a gun license, or is DSRA restricted by a government charter, or..?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Not really a lot of paperwork, it is like when you join a club, someone has to recommend your application. The identity proof is not a big deal at all, it is part and parcel of all our lives. The membership does provide proof that you wish to own the firearm or air arm for sporting use. It is easier to get a license for sport purpose than any other category as far as I know.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

SHIVAJI21091964
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Delhi State Rifle Association Membership

Post by SHIVAJI21091964 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:42 pm

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 pm

I seek assistance. I wish to import an Air Rifle and for that I need to be a Registered Shooter. So my question is how to become a registered shooter?
I believe, Registered Shooter is different from being a Member - a Member may have voting rights in the association etc., while a Registered Shooter is someone who can participate in competitions and represents the State etc. Is my understanding correct?
Pls. advice what is the procedure for becoming a Registered Shooter (form, fees - Cash or Cheque or DD, address for mailing form or personal visit etc...)? As I explained, my intention is to Import an Air Rifle (through post on http://www.indiashooting.com) and a Registered Shooter is a must for that.

Thank you in advance...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:13 pm

You need to apply to the NRAI for the registered shooter card. This can be done once you are a member of a state rifle association. I am sorry I have forgotten the exact fee, but it is around Rs.500 or so. Visiting the NRAI office should clear most of your doubts.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

SHIVAJI21091964
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by SHIVAJI21091964 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Pls. visit to become registered shooter at : http://thenrai.in

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi, I have the DSRA membership form in front of me. So here is the update of fees etc. just for records:
Life Member Rs. 10,000/- (one time); Annual Member (5 years) Rs. 3,000/- one time + 2,000/- in advance (@400/- p.a. for 5 years)..there are other kinds of members..Foreign Nationals (only life time membership facility), Institutional, Junior, Associate and Non-Resident Member (life and Annual both options, same fee as above).
Questions::Can anyone tell me what a Non-Resident Member means? I stay in Gurgaon so does that mean if I wish to be a DSRA member I need to become a Non-Resident Member? So it suggest, but any one sure of definition?
Also, is there any existing DSRA Member that could/would refer me? Thanks for your help and clarifications in advance....regards,

nitinsoni
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nitinsoni » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Dear Nupadhya, whee you got your form from?? From Hon'ble Secretary's home or DSRA office? whats the fees for the form? Also seniors please guide about the Resident and Non-resident status as asked above..thanks in advance
Convincing a rouge not to mess with you is a lot easier with a gun in hand.

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 pm

From Rajeev Sharma (the Secy of DSRA)...it's available at D-77, Panchsheel Enclave, NDelhi (this is his residence - so 10AM to 6PM any day, but pls. respect personal privacy etc.). Form is just Rs. 10/- ; it is serial numbered so not available as a net download. Need not be colected in person, someone can collect on your behalf.