IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Post by Katana » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:24 pm

Dear IFG members,

I have been thinking of getting as many members together as possible for a day of shooting, preferably the 2nd Sunday of December. I can offer a place, privately owned, near Ahmedabad for a meet. Any handguns and rifles are welcome as ranges can be set up from 25 to 300 meters. Don't have skeet/ clay pigeon machines for shotguns but if someone wants to pattern their shotguns on static targets, it can be arranged. Please carry your own food/ drinks(no alcohol please, this is Gujarat, and definitely not with firearms) and licenses. Also, a four wheel drive is recommended because the land in consideration has no roads, but it should not be a hinderance as I could arrange that too. An early start in the day would be recommended.

Should anyone want to pitch in in any form, you are always welcome. Please contact me via PM for further details.

Katana
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

For Advertising mail webmaster
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:23 am

Count me in,

if place is required we can gather at my farm near Kadi, Mehasana Dist.( 65 km from A'bad)

I like your point " no Alcohol plz" :D :D :D defiantly not in Gujarat
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 am

Pritam,

The location per se, is not a problem, because some people also want to go off roading. Nevertheless, if you so desire please let me have you contact number. We are also planning a shoot immediately after Diwali, maybe you can join us. Please also inform me what weapon you have, and what distance range you would like to shoot, in order for me to make neccessary arrangements.

As far as your own farm is concerned we can always keep it at another date. Thanks for your offer.

katana
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

siddikpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddikpatel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 am

Count me in also,...

i m from Bharuch. thanks for organize IFGians meeting in gujarat. i am exited for.
- siddiq Patel :D

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am

Siddik,

Can you make it early morning to Ahmedabad on 12th Dec. Please PM me your contact numbers, your weapon type and ensure that your licence is in order.

Katana

jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by jashwantsinh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Katanaji,

please count me too..

Would be much please to attend, at same is in our home state and not so fare from Ahmedabad. Have .32 Revolver.

Thanks,

Jashwantsinh

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Pleasure is all mine Jashwantsinhji. Please see my PM for my contact number. Please coordinate accordingly.

siddikpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddikpatel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Katna,...
i have no firearms... but have IHP .22, ISW .22 and also plan for buy Diana in 2-3 day here in Bharuch.
thanks...

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:23 pm

siddik,

Absolutely not problem. There are a few people who shall come with their air arms. One of them is even a all Gujarat gold medalist. But again, shooting in the field is much different. Do join us.

Katana

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Katana wrote:Pritam,

The location per se, is not a problem, because some people also want to go off roading. Nevertheless, if you so desire please let me have you contact number. We are also planning a shoot immediately after Diwali, maybe you can join us. Please also inform me what weapon you have, and what distance range you would like to shoot, in order for me to make neccessary arrangements.

As far as your own farm is concerned we can always keep it at another date. Thanks for your offer.

katana
At my farm we can gather some other times, ( I usually travels a lot out of Gujarat, so let me know in advance )

Do we require any Police Permission for this meet ? Just curious co's I have been stopped 3-4 times by petrolling police in the out skirts of Ahmadabad and whole vehicle was checked for any suspicious stuff,

I m sure if any one of participating Members gets stopped with Fire-arms will trigger the Alarm even though he has proper licence.

"We come in Peace :mrgreen: " unnecessary mishaps can ruin the good cause and a day.

I will be caring .22 Rifle, 12 gauge DB BL , 7.65 pistol and 48 Diana A-R and don't want to be stopped with all that stuff to gather

pritam

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Dear Katana,

It was my pleasure to had Tell-talk with you, your number is saved and you can call me any time.

Meet on Mid December is fine as weather would be enjoyable.....

I will bring my whole arsenal to the meet :D :D

Pritam

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:50 am

We now have 4 confirmations from IFG members and another 3 from non IFG members(will convert them to members on meet day! :D ). However, a spotting scope is required. If anyone can organise this, please help out.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Guys,

In case you are wondering about the silence, we are still on for the program. For people without transport please pm me for arrangements.

Katana

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Made a trip to the venue a couple of days ago and have given instructions to the people there to clear the brush, grass etc for the rifle ranges. Moreover the target stands have been ordered (to be fabricated) and will be ready till then.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Its good to see katanaji taking the trouble to organise a meet.

i shall be with you in spirit.
wishing you all the best.

please fire a few rounds on my behalf.

regards
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.