FT meet and match at Japaloupee

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: FT meet and match at Japaloupee

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:24 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Awwww, we lose the chance to meet the creator of Mizo Bowie!! And 23rd being the eve of my kid's b'day, it will be sacrilegious for me to even utter "I'll go out...."!!
Missed you out here on both the counts. :?:
essdee1972 wrote:AGN, Brihacharan, AK49, Pratik: Please PM me your numbers, I will call you today. Unless any of us is WWF standards, 5 can travel in my car, else we can take one more and probably take on a couple of more guys. Pratik, I already PM'd you, requesting you to get a box of flatheads in 0.22.
Japa, here we come!
I am pretty close to WWF standards - ROTFL - Think I should rope in my car too - unless your vehicle's manufactured by LEYLAND :-)
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 pm

@AGN
1. Jonah Pach is the creator of the Mizo Bowie, check out the thread on "Mizo Bowie" in the Archery, etc. section (sorry, still haven't learnt to link posts :stupid: ). He regrets being unable to join us in Japa, and will come on 23rd, hence my comment. And 24th being my son's birthday, you can imagine my absence from home will bring down fire and brimstone on my head!
2. No the vehicle is made by Tata, but is still a sedan, not a truck!.... ROTFL
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:12 pm

@All Mumbai-Thanekars -> 2 or may be 3 new guys are joining in from Thane - so *will* take in my car. EssDee, will touch base with you/ Brihacharan tonight now in light of new developments. Thanks for the info on Mizo Bowie.
==
(Death Wish V)

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:01 pm

2 more with me confirmed. Any more folks from Thane wanna join in and need a ride ? Can take in 1-2 more. PM me if so.
==
(Death Wish V)

NK007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by NK007 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:47 pm

Dear fantmfan,

monish thakoor and vdj are not coming due to personal reasons..

See you tomorrow.

regards,

NK007

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 pm

NK,

Thanks.

ALL,

SEE YOU TOMORROW AT JAPALOUPEE AT 9.30AM

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Man.....what fun......Those who couldnt make it.....
believe me friends you missed a great meet ...
Enjoyed a lot.....
regards
Happy

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Happy,

A very big, sincere, THANK YOU to you and all others who made today's match successful.

Report and pics will follow...

M.
Happy wrote:Man.....what fun......Those who couldnt make it.....
believe me friends you missed a great meet ...
Enjoyed a lot.....
regards
Happy
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:39 pm

waiting anxiously.........
and should say thanks to you and rohan for doing a great job......
regards
Happy

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 am

Great show!!! Really enjoyed!

Finally got to meet so many IFG-ians in real life.... plus a host of lovely guns.... Can't wait for the next edition.

Cheers!

EssDee
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 am

Hi Guys,
> The FT Meet at Japaloupe on the 10th April 2011 was a GRAND SUCCESS!
> Thanks to Fantumfan for the excellent conduct of the proceedings & Rohan of Japaloupe for being the gracious host.
> To all the participants(24 in all) - you guys were awesome - friendship / shooting etc.
> Great array & display of guns from Springers to PCPs(Diana 350 magnum / Weihrauchs / Gamo Extreme / Walther Hunter / BSA MK4 & ofcourse the Airforce Condor the supersonic gun(courtesy Dhruv) was a feast for the eye & to handle.
> In comparison the IHPs were like 'POOR COUNTRY COUSINS'!!!
> The variety of Scopes mounted - most were 3-9 x 40 - Bushnells /Walther etc.
> The presence of Dr.Shirsat - the veteran with his tool kit & advice added to the success of the event.
> Good exchange of ideas on tuning / pellet selection / shooting tips was absorbed by IFGians like ducks taking to water.
> All that began well - ended well what with the sumptuos buffet.
> Plans are afoot to make such meetigs a bi / tri annual affair.
> A BIG THANKS to everyone for making this meet filled with FUN & GYAN and ofcourse getting to know each other.
Cheers :cheers:
Brihacharan
PS: The contest winners were presented with 'Trophies' - More details + pics will appear soon - courtesy Fantomfan - watchout!!!

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Many thanks for the kind words....

Quite honestly I was surprised by the number of Poor Country Cousins, ooops..IHPs and SDBs that showed up so we will have a third category unique to the Germans (25mtr max range and 20mm hit zones) and us at MFTA in India.

We will have a category with a minimum range of 10mtrs and maximum range of 25mtrs, where opensight or peep sight air rifles can be used. But we will keep the hit zone at 45mm as opposed to the german 20mm hit zone.

And another category...the Easy category where a hit on the target in the black area (as opposed to a hit in the yellow hit zone) will be treated as a count.

Hope that will ensure that the next time round we will have more, participation, intense competitions with even more fun.

Pics and write up being cooked for serving....

M.
brihacharan wrote:Hi Guys,
> Thanks to Fantumfan for the excellent conduct of the proceedings & Rohan of Japaloupe for being the gracious host.
> To all the participants(24 in all) - you guys were awesome - friendship / shooting etc.
> Great array & display of guns from Springers to PCPs(Diana 350 magnum / Weihrauchs / Gamo Extreme / Walther Hunter / BSA MK4 & ofcourse the Airforce Condor the supersonic gun(courtesy Dhruv) was a feast for the eye & to handle.
> The presence of Dr.Shirsat - the veteran with his tool kit & advice added to the success of the event.
> Good exchange of ideas on tuning / pellet selection / shooting tips was absorbed by IFGians like ducks taking to water.
> A BIG THANKS to everyone for making this meet filled with FUN & GYAN and ofcourse getting to know each other.
Brihacharan
PS: The contest winners were presented with 'Trophies' - More details + pics will appear soon - courtesy Fantomfan - watchout!!!

Darr ke aage jeet hai

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Really a great show & enjoyed a lot
Special thanks for Fantumfan ,Rohan & all the members of IFG who makes this event memorable
The event was very informative with presence of Dr.Shirsat.
The interest & energy shown by Brihacharan at his age was really amazing.
Thanks Shoubhik for a lift

Regards,
Pratik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

brihacharan wrote:Hi Guys,
Brihacharan
:agree: Did you forget the splendid 'special' food made available by Rohan. In an enthusiactic outdoor atmosphere "bhakri" of jowar/bajra with chicken rassa ruled the roost - err, ruled the table... (the rooster's pretty much digested by now ;-) ) Another great "take home" was meeting IFGians face to face for the first time and letting the feel good factor rub in. Not to steal the thunder from a fellow IFGian bro - but to put my feelings in one sentence - "Mugambo *HAPPY* ho gayaa!" :-)
==
(Death Wish V)

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Great show!!! Really enjoyed!

Finally got to meet so many IFG-ians in real life.... plus a host of lovely guns.... Can't wait for the next edition.

Cheers!

EssDee
Mark 8th of MAY this year in your calendars. Venue - Balewadi. Thanks a ton fantumfan2003, Rohan, NK and all those who make such events happen.
==
(Death Wish V)