FT meet and match at Japaloupee

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: FT meet and match at Japaloupee

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Dear Fantumfan2003,

Reconfirmation from my side. Just like international airlines. :-)

A few questions from my side -
1. As per the docs, springers/ CO2/ PCP are all OK, right ? I assume one has to get his own piece(s). Would there be a filling station (cylinder/ compressor) for PCPs ? Just seeking clarification for those IFGians who shall get their PCPs.

2. I presume one also gets his own pellets, right ? Ought they be of any specific type like the doc says domed/ flatheads ? So "pointed" absolutely No-No, right ?

3. Though all (if not, most) of us shall be reading the rules etc., can you or someone experienced like you, run through the rules again before the shootout - just to clarify any niggling lingering shadows?

4. The doc. refers to AR - are APs permitted too - for the 10m target ?
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

AGN,

1 : All types are ok. We do not have a common tank for filling up PCPs but as we have seen in the past events, most PCP owners have them or they have pumps.

2 : Yes you have to get own pellets.

3 : Yes everyone will be briefed on safety and rules before starting

4 : AP will not be suitable as the ranges will vary from 10m to 50m but carry it along as it will be a good opportunity to test it out at long ranges in an offline session later in the day...

Thankyou for pointing out the obvious points. Going forward these will be incorporated.

M.

airgun_novice wrote:Dear Fantumfan2003,

Reconfirmation from my side. Just like international airlines. :-)

A few questions from my side -
1. As per the docs, springers/ CO2/ PCP are all OK, right ? I assume one has to get his own piece(s). Would there be a filling station (cylinder/ compressor) for PCPs ? Just seeking clarification for those IFGians who shall get their PCPs.

2. I presume one also gets his own pellets, right ? Ought they be of any specific type like the doc says domed/ flatheads ? So "pointed" absolutely No-No, right ?

3. Though all (if not, most) of us shall be reading the rules etc., can you or someone experienced like you, run through the rules again before the shootout - just to clarify any niggling lingering shadows?

4. The doc. refers to AR - are APs permitted too - for the 10m target ?
Last edited by fantumfan2003 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Brihacharan,

Rest assured WILL HAVE GREAT FUN. Members who have attended in the past will vouch for it.

We have had many informal meets and this is a first step in the direction of getting into serious FT.

Most of us are very rusty with their shooting so this might also be a wakeup call (in a light hearted way) to shoot better with the beau in the gun rack. :-)

As you will discover, a lot of networking takes place....a lot of info exchange takes place.

There will be value for everyone attending.....

M.
brihacharan wrote:
fantumfan2003 wrote:All,

I have attached a set of rules we will follow for the match. Let me know if I have missed anything. The idea is to keep it lucid and not make it too complicated. Also, in the unlikely event of anyone not knowing what Filed target is ......here is an intro document. :wink:

http://www.aafta.org/Assets/resources/d ... Target.pdf

M.
Hi Manish,
> Just went through the doc on rules etc. Quite a read man!
> Wonder how many of us do really know the fundas re: match shooting
> In my considered opinion this meet should be an opportunity to meet fellow IFGians & exchange their experiences with different types of air guns / pellets etc.
> Any serious match shooting / competition might kill the enthusiasm amognst new comers I'm afraid.
> By all means let's have some basic competition like shooting at Paper Targets / Plinking Beer Cans etc. May be you could workout some scoring parameters to judge winners. Keep an nominal entry fee for each contest & winner gets the pool money! 2nd & 3rd positions could also benefit.
> Finally lets make this a FUN MEET to begin with - later we could keep this a bi-annual event.
> These are a few random thoughts. Would appreciate a response.
Cheers :cheers:
Brihacharan
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi, guys,

I don't have domed / flathead pellets. Can someone suggest were I can get the same, fast, in Mumbai? Humne in Thane keeps very "local" pointies only!

Cheers!

EssDee
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Try in Crawford market area in the gunshops. Hassanand Hemdas has Dianashot flat heads.

M.
essdee1972 wrote:Hi, guys,

I don't have domed / flathead pellets. Can someone suggest were I can get the same, fast, in Mumbai? Humne in Thane keeps very "local" pointies only!

Cheers!

EssDee

Darr ke aage jeet hai

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi Fantumfan,

I just read your attachment on rules. About the pellets it mentions round head. I want to know if pointed head pellets are permissible. There is another concern about public transport. Is there any restriction on carrying the air-rifle on the public transport?
Regards,
AK49

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Generally roundhead pellet are more accurate, hence they are recommended. As for public transport I have no idea, see if you can car pool with someone that would be better in my opinion.

M.
AK49 wrote:Hi Fantumfan,

I just read your attachment on rules. About the pellets it mentions round head. I want to know if pointed head pellets are permissible. There is another concern about public transport. Is there any restriction on carrying the air-rifle on the public transport?

Darr ke aage jeet hai

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi Fantumfan,

count me also
after doing basic Training course in SVSARC last year never got the time & space to shoot because of some family problem but this is the best opportunity & I don’t wants to miss it .

Hi essdee1972,

Most probably tomorrow I am going towards Crawford market area
I can buy Dianashot flat heads from Hassanand Hemdas for you

Can I get a lift from Mumbai I leave in Bandra (E)

Thanks

Pratik

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Just noticed, I am outta .22 flatheads/ domed too. Funny, I never really put too much thought into the 'type', since I never had to carry the .22 AP to the range. Think I shall pay a quick visit to Crawford Market tomorrow. Good that these few points got clarified for newbies like me.

@EssDee, I have a 500 pack FH intact in .177- your SDB is which cal ? If .177, then 500 ought to suffice for us - I don't mind sharing. :-)

@Pratik/ AK49 - EssDee's in process of working out the travel logistics. The three of us are in Central line suburbs - Mulund-Thane region. If need be we can take on an additional car.

@Manish - As per your experience does .177 work in FT or does it tend to 'swing' due to the breeze in the open ? I am seriously short of a .22 AR. The earliest I 'rescue' mine will be EOM. :-( Have to polish my communication skills these two days to get the better half to agree into buying a new one. :-(

Countdown begins...
==
(Death Wish V)

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:32 pm

AGN,

Carry what is ready. Don't ask me about .177 or .22. I am very biased towards .177 on that. ;-)

M.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Sorry guysI please count me out this time. Have to make change of plans as my planned business trip to Mumbai has been postponed to the 23rd April.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Jonah,

No worries we will meet up when you are in Mumbai.

M.
jonahpach wrote:Sorry guysI please count me out this time. Have to make change of plans as my planned business trip to Mumbai has been postponed to the 23rd April.

Jonah

Darr ke aage jeet hai

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 pm

fantumfan2003 wrote:AGN,

Carry what is ready. Don't ask me about .177 or .22. I am very biased towards .177 on that. ;-)

M.
:lol: I had forgotten that ! .177 AR it is for me :)
==
(Death Wish V)

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Friends

As of now, 22 people are confirmed and 6 are tentative.

If anyone still needs detailed instructions to get to the place from Mumbai or Pune, please let me know here.

M.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Awwww, we lose the chance to meet the creator of Mizo Bowie!! And 23rd being the eve of my kid's b'day, it will be sacrilegious for me to even utter "I'll go out...."!!

AGN, Brihacharan, AK49, Pratik: Please PM me your numbers, I will call you today. Unless any of us is WWF standards, 5 can travel in my car, else we can take one more and probably take on a couple of more guys. Pratik, I already PM'd you, requesting you to get a box of flatheads in 0.22.

Japa, here we come!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley