Some pics...

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Some pics...

Post by eljefe » Sun May 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Saw some immaculate work on some rifles today
An Argie 1909 Mauser, a double 9.3x74
Muted elegance is an understatment
small but vital things like moon light ,flip over front sights, exhibition grade wood and a smiling gent by the name of Alex Beer
met up with Alex at his display at the SHOT How today.
We discussed a few things, discovering a mutual liking for 1909 Mausers 98's, barrels in nostalgic,long forgotten calibers and Greenhills formula...Worth the hour long drive, thats why i chose Sunday to drop in at the show.Also saw some new Mausers, in a couple of my fav calibers 404J and 9,3x62 and the colour scheme of one of thoee left me feeling a bit , er , different.In my days, rifles were made of wood and metal.I barely got used to a synth stock, when I get hit by this designer Mauser! And ,with the certain affinity I have for the big bangers, couldnt resist a pic of the 338 Lapua mag, in its brooding, black rifle, avatar
Bad case of allergies, watery eyes, no digicam-yup I seriously dont have one I can use,means Cell phone pics.
too much to shoot and type, am still sniffling and contemplating Doodh haldi, so there.
IMAG0228.jpg
IMAG0230.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg
IMAG0222.jpg
IMAG0223.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Some pics...

Post by Bespoke » Sun May 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Nice Pics,1909 Argie looks sweet.
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 pm

I'll tell you one thing doc, you've really got that zing! and maybe too much of it :)
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun May 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Nice pics,Jefe.

The Argie you said, looks a lot like the Ruger#1 Fallingblock rifle to me.

Did you handle the Mauser M03s?Are they good?

Thanks for the pics.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Yup, that '09 Argie looks awfully like a falling block! Mauser '03 is nice, much to be preferred over the Blaser out of the same stable.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon May 30, 2011 8:46 am

Transmogrificaction? Zounds!
Poetic licence-The Argie got cropped :roll:
The No.1 Ruger Falling block is as impressive, but I'll stop at my little Martini 222 Rimmed when it comes to falling block
Blaser had a big stall, monster TV with cycles of fast, repeat shots on DG game playing in a loop.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Eljefe

Nice pictures Argie means Mauser from Argentina? if not do enlighten

Cheers

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon May 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Actually, the "Argentine" means Mauser TO Argentina, rather than FROM Argentina. (Though I suppose one could observe that, once the rifles had been shipped from Germany to Argentina, they had to be from Argentina...)

The 1909 Argentine Mauser can be thought of as a M98 Mauser chambered in the Argentine 7.65x53mm cartridge (This is the same cartridge that the old M1891 Argentine Mauser was chambered in, and also the same cartridge originally used the Belgian M1889 Mauser. It uses a 0.311" diameter bullet, like the British .303 round.)

The one thing you can notice about these 1909 Argentine Mausers is that the left side of the charger clip slot is part of the bolt stop, the "knob" of which is curved over the top of the receiver bridge.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman