IFG - USA meet 2012

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IFG - USA meet 2012

Post by xl_target » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:52 am

I think HSharef came up with a pretty good plan.
I'll bring my bowling pin setup and some handguns and .22 rifles. Baljit is going to bring his timer and has promised to act as Range master, so we can have some safe, fun matches.
Unfortunately, all I have is one of those red plastic hand throwers for clay pigeons.

C.K.
The dates are set for the weekend of the 22nd and the 23rd of September.

Baljit,
With Tim starting off a new job, he probably doesn't have any vacation accrued yet.

Mark,
We should all chip in at least for the food. It's bad enough that we are taking up dates that you could have booked out. It's really not fair for us to expect you to foot the bill for so many things. Lets work something out on a per head basis to cover some of the costs.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:42 am

When the date gets a little closer we can get a better head count and figure out a food budget.

I also have one of those red plastic throwers, but I'm pretty sure I have to know someone with a decent thrower we can borrow.

I still haven't heard anything back about doves, but it has been a busy week for me as I've already been to one funeral and have to attend another on Saturday. Fortunately not a family member but it still keeps one preoccupied.

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi, Guy's any new update on this?

Baljit

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Nothing new, but thanks for the prod as I need to give the dove guys another telephone call.

So in regards to food, is the group preference that I just work up a menu here and have it ready when everyone arrives? No problem to do it that way, we just need to have what people want/prefer and any other requirements - i.e. it is not a problem to simply have pork and beef off the menu for the weekend. If people want, there is still a local commercial fisherman and we could have fresh fish and chips for one dinner.

In other news, I just picked up another muzzle loader, my first inline. It is a CVA Electra that uses a 9 volt battery and spark ignition. I haven't fired it yet, need to cast up some bullets first (maybe later today) but one reason I got it was to see the practicality of use as I am thinking of making something similar with an old 308 barrel. If it works perhaps they could be hand made in India and used for affordable target shooting. Anyway, everyone will get a chance to fire this one during the meet.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Gentlemen,

I have taken days off for the meet (21st to 24th Sep) and I am in the process of making my travel bookings. Starting off at Bellingham WA - Seattle WA - St. Louis MO. Baljit and I will be traveling together from Seattle to St. Louis and back.

All excited about the trip and meet! :D

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Gentlemen,

I have taken days off for the meet (21st to 24th Sep) and I am in the process of making my travel bookings. Starting off at Bellingham WA - Seattle WA - St. Louis MO. Baljit and I will be traveling together from Seattle to St. Louis and back.

CK, great news!
Tentative plans are for AB and I to pick you and Baljit up at St Louis airport on Friday (21st) at 5:00 pm.
Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Mark,
I have never shot an inline muzzle loader or an electric. I suppose the lock time is greatly improved?
Should be fun!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 am

I just fired it today for the first time. Yes it is pretty much instantaneous! I got it sighted in at 35 yards in 4 shots, in the next couple of days I'll get it sighted at 100 yards and call it good.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Just went through the post.
So it's finally happening.
Looking forwards to all the updates and lots of snaps n stories.
Have lot's of fun guys .
What a fine gesture Mark. :cheers:

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 am

prashantsingh wrote:Just went through the post.
So it's finally happening.
Looking forwards to all the updates and lots of snaps n stories.
Have lot's of fun guys .
What a fine gesture Mark. :cheers:
Yes it is

Rain or shine

What is the date btw ------------ Just joking ....... ROTFL

Last edited by Hammerhead on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 am

Hammerhead wrote: What is the date btw -----
Sept 22 and 23, but of course you are welcome to stay longer if you would like,

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 pm

I am still working on doves, but I did just talk to a game farm here that said that a hunt for approximately 4 people with an assortment of pheasant, quail, and chukar would run about $150 per person. It would be about 15 minutes away from here.

I'll keep working on doves, but you guys let me know if this is something you are interested in.

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:08 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Gentlemen,

I have taken days off for the meet (21st to 24th Sept)

Come prepared Vancouver people ........ :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Hey you guys are making the IFGans residing in India jealous. Can't even imagine the collection of guns and availability of ammo in your neck of woods but even more jealous of the fun factor.. Jokes apart brilliant idea... Cheers
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Hammerhead wrote:
Come prepared Vancouver people ........ :lol:
:lol: Good one! Hammerhead
captrakshitsharma wrote:Hey you guys are making the IFGans residing in India jealous. Can't even imagine the collection of guns and availability of ammo in your neck of woods but even more jealous of the fun factor.. Jokes apart brilliant idea... Cheers
Many thanks captrakshitsharma - wish you all could have joined us!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:08 am

XL here is the design for the range let me know what you think about this.

Baljit