BHUJ MUSEUM PHOTO ( GUJARAT)

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
jignesh712712
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

BHUJ MUSEUM PHOTO ( GUJARAT)

Post by jignesh712712 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Bhuj Museum Weapons Photo. actually photography strictly prohibited there but my little son's capture 02 photo. after may i guide my son don't capture any photo here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: BHUJ MUSEUM PHOTO ( GUJARAT)

Post by jashwantsinh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Jignesh,

really good to see such an old fashioned/antique weapons, specially those Revolvers..Thanks for sharing.

Jashwantsinh.

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm

What year you think the revolvers might have been built ?

And they all belong to "who" , rajput kings ?

Or Shivaji , Seems like some time around 1857. The American civil war was around that time too and all these may be shipped to British Empire and then snatched by rajput fighters - Haji
Last edited by Hammerhead on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 pm

yea haji they belong to rajput families who ruled the kutch state, Shivaji Maharaj wasnt there so they arent His. The ruler was Rai Khengar, of what i know Khengar baba as he is fondly known was of Jadeja dynasty. They are rajputs of blue blood and said to be originally from Haryana.
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Those bowie knives are really interesting.. wish I could read the captions!
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 pm

kalashnikovcult wrote:yea haji they belong to rajput families who ruled the kutch state, Shivaji Maharaj wasnt there so they arent His. The ruler was Rai Khengar, of what i know Khengar baba as he is fondly known was of Jadeja dynasty. They are rajputs of blue blood and said to be originally from Haryana.
The Jadejas(Jaadon) came in from from what is now Iran and Sindh, so did the Jhalas(Makwana); no where near Haryana. Two Rajput clans that held sway over Haryana and are still numerous in that region are the Chauhans (Chahuman)and the Tomars(Tuar as they were originally called and the original inhabitants of Dillika-Delhi).

On a lighter side, there are a lot of Haryanvi Black Partridges (kaalaa teetar) in Kutch. Probably more so here than in their native environment. Apparently, Ra Khengar had some released to build a sizable number for sport and they have thrived since.

In the first photograph, is a pair of 'Jamaiyo', a weapon popular in Kutch and Kathiwar. Note the similarity with an Omani Jambaiya. That is influence from across the Gulf with whom the Kutchis maintain seafaring relations till date.

In the bottom photograph, top left, is a wonderful example of a 'bhuj' or raven's beak as it is known in the western world. This is probably the only edged weapon that is endemic to Kutch/ Kathiawar/ Gujarat and the best examples came from Bhuj, therefore the name. It was for some reason not adopted by the rest of the four main players (Rajput, Mughal, Maratha and Sikh) of the power struggle for control of India in the pre British era.

Such examples are to be seen far and few.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

vivekpeter
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vivekpeter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

I can see a cannon with a flat mouth in the end of the second picture. Never heard or seen one before.. :o
Gun control??!!

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:40 pm

I too noticed it but have never seen anything like it. Maybe it spreads the shot. Also notice the walking stick in the centre? It's a 'gupti' or it could be a shotgun. :roll:
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 pm

it could be for sure is... on zoom you can see the grove for the cartridge :) the trigger piece in the handle seems to be missing or hidden.

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 pm

nice photos
thanks for sharing

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 am

Katana wrote:I too noticed it but have never seen anything like it. Maybe it spreads the shot. Also notice the walking stick in the centre? It's a 'gupti' or it could be a shotgun. :roll:
I don't think "gupti" is a shotgun, isn't "gupti" a sword hidden inside a walking stick ? :)

shotgun? but then I don't see a trigger :)

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 am

Good photos, Jignesh.Thank you for sharing.
I really don't know why photography would be prohibited in a museum. I always thought that a museum would be about sharing information.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 am

Hammerhead wrote:What year you think the revolvers might have been built ?And they all belong to "who" , rajput kings ?Or Shivaji , Seems like some time around 1857. The American civil war was around that time too and all these may be shipped to British Empire and then snatched by rajput fighters - Haji
:mrgreen:

All 'blue bloods' started pretty ordinary .When you wield the stick you can claim any fanciful origin. :wink:

Jignesh,thanks for posting the photographs.

jignesh712712
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jignesh712712 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:23 am

this photo capturing time may i angree to my son....but today i fill that time i am wrong....thanks to my son Mayank....... :D

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 am

All 'blue bloods' started pretty ordinary .When you wield the stick you can claim any fanciful origin. :wink:

.[/quote]
ROTFL