IFG members from Bombay and surrounding areas

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IFG members from Bombay and surrounding areas

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Stumbled upon this old thread - interesting initiative; hence pulling it up again (hope it's OK). Count me in for Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai - only 10m airpistol/ airgun with me though - no firearms. :?:
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

For Advertising mail webmaster
maniaque
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by maniaque » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:55 pm

@airgun novice
arey bhai atleast you have airpistol mere paas tho gun hain hi nahin...
main kya karoon........field outing me aake kya tamaasha dekhoon?
no offence but my feelings poured out :cry:
U aint beat until you admit it.......

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 pm

@maniaque
I haven't attended any IFG outing yet, but surely aim to get inspired to reach the level next by learning from peers. What's the right time to get one - just to get started ? Don't want to sound like Marie Antoinette but, if you don't have one - get one. :lol:
==
(Death Wish V)

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Novice is right, Maniaque. Get a chhota sa cheapo airgun like I did. And start off....... I plink in my apartment itself, 5M, not ideal, but it's fun. As long as you don't intend to enter the Olympics, a basic gun is the best for casual plinking.....

Novice, bhai, I am game for a meet too...... but the seniors in Mumbai need to confirm..... We novices getting together with airguns ........... scary thought!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 pm

@essdee1972 et al - Hopefully, inside the apartment you still use a pellet trap, right ? Lead pellet has to hit iron/ steel sheet to flatten it out. Reduces the ricochet - so no broken glass and reduced chances of accidental injuries. :D BTW, I have had .22 cal flatheads (Diana) bounce back from wall and wood table (~10m) almost intact and with momentum enough to break a glass. :shock:

I fully agree with the suggestion that a bunch of gun-toting novices better operate under adult, err - expert, supervision if shooting outdoors.

BTW, essdee1972, I still await PM reply on your personal experience with SDB and Nieto.
==
(Death Wish V)

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:08 am

Of course, I use a pellet trap! And moreover, there's absolutely nothing but air outside the window for more than 200 meters, followed by some slums bordering SGNP. No way SDB can shoot those distances.

I did send you PM on the Nieto and SDB, will check if I have only saved it by mistake....

Cheers!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Let me set some things straight here.

You don't HAVE to own or carry an airgun on one of our target shooting outings.

We will let you when we have the next one.

The best thing to do is get an IHP25 or 35 in .177 and off you get started.

Shooting Indoors : Make sure no one is home. For a silent pellet trap, get a one inch plywood as a backstop. Put a thick book or old telephone directory against it. Paste you target on it and shoot from 5 to 10 meters. This can be done very safely with an IHP 25 or 35.

Outdoors or Indoors follow SAFE gun handling rules VERY strictly.

Happy shooting....

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

Hi,

Please do let me know the next get together. I live in Mumbai. I have been on IFG for a short time and it has been a very valuable experience for me....since I got initiated into air rifles so late in life. Especially thankful to Fantumfan, Nagarifle, PKJeetesh, Hamiclar, Mundaire....and many others for their insightful, detailed reviews. Slingshot!
There is no downside to Freedom!

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:21 am

==
(Death Wish V)