Japalouppe Meet Jan 18th 2015!

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Japalouppe Meet Jan 18th 2015!

Post by Rrahulkumar » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:47 am

I have never felt more at home... Being my first ever plinking session, this was a great learning time for me..

All the veterans helped me understand various aspects of air-gunnery...

Briha's lessons on looking through the scope, the Doc sharing his in depth knowledge of airgun design, Pratik giving me OT gyaan on knife making, Essdee's Buckie, the natural ecstasy of being at Japalouppe..

All in all it was an unforgettable day...

Thanks to Kshitij for introducing me to this wonderful gentry..

Cheers..!
RK

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Great narration by Brihacharanji and sounds like everyone had a blast (no pun intended :D )
Wow, I'm definitely not going to miss the next one!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:14 pm

@Rahul, :cheers:

Unfortunately, i took exactly zero pictures. So request the members who have taken pictures of the meet to share it here with us.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast :) Looking forward to the pics...

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Very enthusiastic report brihacharan very evocative of the mood of the occasion and the amazing time you all must have had at JAPA! As an IFG'ian mentioned - Horses, Guns, Beer and Acres = Heaven! :D

Nice to see all the pictures of members having fun, fun, FUN!
brihacharan: The most notable happening during this memorable event was the gracious presence of our ‘Renowned Shooter” & Guru “HVJ1!!!! Clad in corduroy jeans, a shooters vest, his crown capped with a sober felt hat & a Rayban that shaded his vision as he walked in with a gait that reminded me of the character “James Green” aka “Sudden” penned by the inimitable Oliver Strange in his memorable western series!!!
I was looking out for Sudden in his corduroy jeans in the pictures; couldn't spot him - perhaps he is camera shy? :lol:

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm

ckkalyan wrote: Very enthusiastic report brihacharan very evocative of the mood of the occasion and the amazing time you all must have had at JAPA! As an IFG'ian mentioned - Horses, Guns, Beer and Acres = Heaven! :D

Nice to see all the pictures of members having fun, fun, FUN!
brihacharan: The most notable happening during this memorable event was the gracious presence of our ‘Renowned Shooter” & Guru “HVJ1!!!! Clad in corduroy jeans, a shooters vest, his crown capped with a sober felt hat & a Rayban that shaded his vision as he walked in with a gait that reminded me of the character “James Green” aka “Sudden” penned by the inimitable Oliver Strange in his memorable western series!!!
I was looking out for Sudden in his corduroy jeans in the pictures; couldn't spot him - perhaps he is camera shy? :lol:
CKK...
> I can understand your anxiety in wanting to see "Sudden" ....The picture of him with me is in IFGian Essdee's camera....who after Japa Meet took off to 'Sikkim' on a business trip the next morning :roll:
> He is expected back next week....hold on to your horses till then :D
> Yes! Japa Meet was truly an Air Gunners dream....what with a variety of ARs, ammo (pellets) targets in all shapes & sizes (Static, Animal silhouettes, Flippers etc) and range extending to 75 yards+ :D
Briha

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Friends
A thousand pardons for not posting earlier. Well here we go...

I had made up my mind, that this time I was going to meet all these special people who have so much fun at Jappa meets. My back unfortunately went for a six, but still, against doctors orders, I did make it. :)

The first thing that struck me, as I drove in were the sight and smell of my first love - Equestrian. After parking my car, I spend more than a few minutes just taking in the familiar sights and sounds of the stables around me. Beautiful and noble creatures, those horses.

I reluctantly detached myself to head towards the OK Corral. Where guys were whacking away at targets of all sizes and shapes in the distance. The dust puffed up here and there, with shooters peering over their sights to check out their hits or misses.

The very briefest of eye contact and I recognized our Zen Master - Brihaji. hands clasped we stared at each other grinning, no words were spoken, none were necessary. Hell, we met for the first time at Jappa,in this life, but we know each other from way..way back. Get the drift?

From the horizon, strolled in the Doc! And the years seem to melt, it was almost like a time warp, he hadn't changed a whit. We commenced talking from where we had left off...so many years ago...talking what else? But guns off course. :lol:

Kshitij and his friends had organized the meet to the T.

NK007, walked in with a can of bear which he matter of factly handed over to me for a swig, which regretfully I had to pass on to a more deserving worthy, who promptly irrigated his throat. By then my stomach was feeling like my throat was cut.

We grabbed lunch, hooking our legs over the railings or sitting on sawn off tree trunks.
A magnificent tom cat, strolled in amongst us, royal and aloof, he briefly acknowledged the pat I gave his furry back. Then with quick twirl of his tail he sedately moved on to catch his next royal appointment.

We were then treated to some splendid riding from youngsters who were smartly attired in modern riding gear. Heck during my days, I rode in 'Jodhpurs' and pith hats' (Sola Hat works - Calcutta).

From a measured walk they stepped it up to a trot and then moved on to a brisk canter. At that point you could gauge who measured up and those who didn't . I smiled to myself wryly and forgivingly- I too once rode like a sack of potatoes. Fear is the Key to becoming a good rider. It's only when you fall and get back into the saddle - many times over, only then the ugly duckling turns into a graceful swan.

A brief chat with Essdee and company, a quick photo shoot and I was off heading westwards again to Satara.
Fantastic time I had, looking for the next one? Most certainly. :)

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Here is where hvj1 approaches Japa and pulls up at the hitching rail! Note the time please it is exactly 3:10! :lol:

Thanks for the great write up hombre, I could literally, smell the flavor of the wild west (horse manure and sweat, leather, guns, gunsmoke and gunmen) at Japa! :D

Now all that needs to be done is for essdee1972 to upload the actual picture of hvj1 (Pale Rider) with the corduroy trousers - right brihacharanJi? :lol:

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:41 pm

CK
You just made my day.
Thanks

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:49 pm

hvj1 wrote:CK, You just made my day. Thanks
My pleasure, absolutely! We, wild west gunslingers have got to stick together! :D

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Nice to see the faces behind the names !! Lovely pictures !

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 am

Gents, just got back from a rather hectic trip to Bhutan (not Sikkim, Brihaji). My phoren visit for the year!! God, sitting in a car for 4-5 hours can be so painful, esp if you aren't driving!

Will put up the pics soon. Need to get a load of Himalayan foothill pics downloaded too!

Just hold 'em hosses for a day or so more, hombres!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am

hvj1 wrote:
The very briefest of eye contact and I recognized our Zen Master - Brihaj, hands clasped we stared at each other grinning, no words were spoken, none were necessary. Hell, we met for the first time at Japa,in this life, but we know each other from way..way back. Get the drift?

Bro, you couldn't have put it better...
The moment I saw you sauntering towards me, my hands were itching for the quick draw - not to pull out the .45...but to grasp and feel the warmth of your firm grip & the bear hug that followed :D

A soul connect no words can describe....(we know each other from way..way back...Yes! Got the drift!!!!)
Take care....we've many more meetings to go :D
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Okay essdee1972 the horses are all well under control; awaiting your emergence from the jet-lag! :lol:

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:07 pm

+1 on that. Awaiting the photos, essdee.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.