On the wings of skepticism

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am

[quote="shutzen";p="40496"]
HI! Well once you have "conquered" your state rifle assn. difficulties - then an even more bigger challange crops up in for of the DM office and the home secretaries office for getting your licence and ammo quota and area enhancement. Well Bharat Desh mahan hai....

Okay let me spill a little more positive energy on ye, ye long suffering renowned shot :lol:. If Mr. Bedi's plans go right I won't have to use even a box of ammo from my license...and once the current void moves out we can buy ammo from Tuglakabad which shall not be endorsed on the license.

I guess the struggle that I shall go through is that of trying to become a decent shot and I have miles and miles to go on this field. Here is where I shall take tips from all of you guys.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:10 pm

It was fun cracking the rocks with the stingers... guess Dev's back was sure complaining after the prone shots....

I could write a story about Sid's first shot with the .32 revolver !!
Howz the hearing Sid ? :D

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:19 pm

Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Don't worry sire will tame the beast next time for sure. But next time you let a lean stick fire your small cannon - DO WARN HIM. i literally flew backwards, and of course couldn't hear a thing for about 20 minutes. but dont worry hearing came back to normal after about '6 HOURS' :(

Cheers
Sid

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Are you getting the Karni Singh and Delhi state membership? The guards have you marked this time!
Please to action fast and get yer money back from the NRAI (NOT HAPPENING RIFLE ASSOCIATION). :lol:

Dev

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Sid,
I'm glad u can hear again... was feeling guilty, a bit.. It's yr good luck that u started with a .32 and the not TopGun's .45.... I daresay what would've happened in that scenario... :D

Dev,
The stupid people are s*itting on my application since the first week of Jan !!
I'm taking DSRA now and the range membership will follow...

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: On the wings of skepticism

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="40509 wrote: You can do that with the 97 as well but you would need to buy a 77 rear sight and fabricate a front sight for it as I have done.
Mack The Knife
do you have any problems with the raised cheek piece on the 97k with open sights? did you need to adjust it at all?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Dont know why but kind of seeing my self as the two dimensional guy in Chinese movies - who when gets kicked by our dear hero flies away, falls 10 meters away shivers like he's been tickled and dies. And all the hero does is wipe his hands clean and point a finger at all the silent spectators who probably by now have peed in their pants.

Curse my wild imagination
2d guy - me
Hero - .45
Spectators - newbies like me

AND YOU Anupam my brother are the rich china man who wants to kill the innocent people for fun.

Cheers
Sid
Last edited by Sid_kapur30 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm

bruse lee him say big gun big bank bloody dear ears :x

El Cid should invest in ear muffs and not hering aid. :P

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:33 pm

hamiclar01";p="40532 wrote:do you have any problems with the raised cheek piece on the 97k with open sights? did you need to adjust it at all?
I have not had a problem but since people are built differently it could prove to be a problem for some.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Dev,
The stupid people are s*itting on my application since the first week of Jan !!
I'm taking DSRA now and the range membership will follow...
[/quote]

Told ya...told ya....na na na na na...you are going to shoot air guns on Sunday ;-)

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Apologize for ranting on and on but Sanjay just walked into the DCP licensing office and asked for an increase in ammo quota on the grounds of wanting to shoot more often at the trap range.

DCP say," Sure how much you want?"
Sanjay walks out smiling and with increased ammo quota.

Just proves that humility and politeness go a long way.

Dev

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:13 pm

:) Thanks for all the info Rusty, I have asked Tim for a 77k too, he'll get back to me on that.

For the sight and fabricating bit, I'll probably wait for Mundaire to return. Is the sight fabrication bit on the 97K a pain to accomplish, whats the level of effort required ? Is it DIY category stuff or something that requires an expert hand.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Sid_kapur30";p="40534 wrote: Curse my wild imagination
2d guy - me
Hero - .45
Spectators - newbies like me
AND YOU Anupam my brother are the rich china man who wants to kill the innocent people for fun.
Cheers
Sid
May you be blessed with the opportunity to try out a 600 NE or a 4 Bore my brother Sid. :D
DSRA it is, for me as well as I'm looking to tie up any loose ends before I get my rifle. And just as Dev said, its only Kanjoosi :lol:. Thats the only trait holding me back :oops: , so guess I need to get over that one ASAP.

regards
8)
OUP

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Oh shite new learning! Just found while reading the NRAI rule book that I had qualified for the GVM in 2006. And my score is good enough for this year too. Well live and learn I guess. So the rest of the dahlings better bow when they see Billy the Kid next!

Regards,

Dev

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:43 pm

dev";p="40544 wrote: Oh shite new learning! Just found while reading the NRAI rule book that I had qualified for the GVM in 2006.
NIIIIIIICE :D, I guess you can add one more chapter to the book you were thinking of writing :). Jokes apart, this is really motivating.

regards
8)
OUP
Last edited by OverUnderPump on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.