An encounter with a 1911 at LAX Range

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

An encounter with a 1911 at LAX Range

Post by archer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 am

15th oct will be marked in golden words in my life, i shot a 1911A1.

I contacted LAX range over the weekend. They said that i had to take a class with them before they would allow me to shoot by myself. the class was a good deal, it involved a 1hr classroom session followed by an hour at the range.

When the instructor asked if i was 'in the market for a gun', i thought he meant that they were trying to sell a gun to me. When i mentioned 1911, he picked up a 1911 from the gun rack, put it in a box asked me to follow him. Honestly, i was not expecting a .45acp. i was expecting a .22 or a .32.

After an hrs session running over the basics, safety, aiming, stance etc we hit the range. the first shot came as a surprise. i was expecting much stronger recoil. it took me about 3 rounds to get used to the recoil. the next 15 rounds were inside 3 inches.

then it was fun time. i started taking head shots (of the dummy target), shots at the left end and the right end. overall it was a great experience, just waiting to get my hunting lic, then i will join the 1911 club.

could not take too many pics, got a couple of the gun and the target. will post pics in later today.

After the shoot, i had a good chat with the instructor. he is an ex marine , now a full time boxer and a full time firearm instructor. teaches everything about firearms, right from basics tp how to become a sniper.....he himself owns 3 1911s ...... not to mention the other firearms that he owns....

now i can go in and shoot whenever i want.......:-)
Last edited by archer on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeh dil maange more.....!!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:21 am

You lucky blighter! Well done and have a great time.