Inder did well at his first round of trap

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
mehulkamdar

Re: Inder did well at his first round of trap

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:58 am

Satpal,

It is because company is important that we would like you to come and shoot with us. Of course, there will be beers afterwards! 8) We shoot very basic guns - I have a Browning A-5 and Amit a Remington 870. I doubt either of us has plans for buying something much more expensive to shoot trap though I am looking at a Renato Gamba Ambassador Executive SxS for hunting. We hope to provie you good company when you make it here next. Hope it is while Inder is in the USA or at least after he returns after reporting to his company in Bangalore.

Mack The Knife,

Now that you're talking about company, when are we going to have your company? :wink:

Inder,

The weatherman says it's going to snow this Thursday. I wonder how we would shoot in the snow though Joe said that the club operates throughout the winter. Let's give it a shot if all are free. What do you say, Amit?

Cheers, gentlemen,

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:22 pm

Mack The Knife,
Now that you're talking about company, when are we going to have your company?
Early 2007.............when you come to Bangalore. :mrgreen:

I say, shoot in the snow! Now that would be novel experience. Just make sure those metal parts are kept well oiled even when shooting.

Have fun! Serious bloody envy at this end. :evil:

:wink:

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:04 pm

mehulkamdar";p="6715 wrote:
Inder,

The weatherman says it's going to snow this Thursday. I wonder how we would shoot in the snow though Joe said that the club operates throughout the winter. Let's give it a shot if all are free. What do you say, Amit?

Cheers, gentlemen,

Mehul
That's what he said about Tuesday also.. :). I am always game for anything Mehul but i think we should reach there early,I will try to finish my work before six.

So cya this Thursday.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:13 pm

You guys shoot under lights? Or does Inder wrap up at 6 a.m.?

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:24 pm

kanwar76";p="6742 wrote:
mehulkamdar";p="6715 wrote:
Inder,

Cheers, gentlemen,

Mehul
That's what he said about Tuesday also.. :). I am always game for anything Mehul but i think we should reach there early,I will try to finish my work before six.

So cya this Thursday.

-Inder

No sir 6:00PM. Club timings for Thursday are 6 to 10PM. We haven't shot at evenings yet but I am sure it will be fully lit as they have big flood lights like cricket grounds...

Will ask Amit to post some pics of evening shooting if we make it this Thursday

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:53 pm

You guys, I don't know what to say... I was hoping for some great shooting on Saturday but I'm glad you had a good time. Don't worry about the scores guys, like Satpal says, it (should) only goes up. Keep shooting. I got "distracted" last year by playing a bit of golf. I had kind of reached a plateau in shooting so I just wanted to give golf a try and it is addictive. Before taking it up, I thought it was boring but its just how competitive you are, you want to get better everytime, that makes you keep going back. If you reach a certain proficiency, then you can keep going back to win money. ;)

Mehul, if you're getting the SxS, try to get it before our trip on the 16th so we can see it in action.

Rusty, most clubs in the US have lights to shoot in the night. Most even shoot all year, rain (snow) or shine. I've shot in the snow, just keep your eye on the target, TRY to ignore the snowflakes. Its more difficult to shoot in sunlight if you have a sheet of snow on the ground as it reflects the light and gets very bright. Appropriate sun glasses help but the targets seem different. Its also interesting in the fall if the range has trees in the background as the targets get "lost" in the fall colors. Its all fun though.

Looking forward to next weekend.... :D

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi Sharief,

That bit about shooting during autumn did not occur to me until you mentioned it.

You know that 0 out of 12 score? It was shot in autumn. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Sharief,

After what happened, I had to get out on Sunday and spend some time with friends. After the last visitors offering condolences left, I went to Inder's room and forgot to take a gun for him. It was a crazy, confused time, but I was glad for the company of friends and an opportunity to put the thoughts of the precedign days behind.

I am going to talk to the guy selling the Gamba and also some friends and decide one way or another very soon. If I have it before the 16th, I'll surely bring it along. Otherwise, we'll just have to schedule another hunt a couple of months later. 8)

The fact is, we missed you, my friend. I suggested to Amit and Inder that they catch up with you on Saturday as originally planned, but it did not work out due to the bad mood overall. Sorry about the whole mess which originated at my end.

Mehul

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:59 am

Mehul, you don't have to apologize for anything. I'm sure if each of us exchanged shoes, we'll all feel the same but in the end it all worked out good. I'm glad you were able to go out with the guys and have a bit of fun.

BTW, I searched for Renato Gamba Executive Ambassador online and it gave me prices in the range of $14k. Is this the same gun you're thinking of buying ? If so, I'm really happy for you.

Satpal, I don't know where you live but we will like it if you can make it to our Pheasant hunting trip to Backwoods Preserve in Bremen, Indiana on December 16th.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:48 am

Sorry I was out of action from this thread... LOL

Thanks for the compliments Mehul. But Inder deserves more kudos. Awesome first time trap shooting... I bet he will soon be getting 25 badges but he'll definitely remember his first one ;)

Mehul and Inder... wanna go over to Farm & Fleet this Saturday? Maybe we can even stop by at the Aurora club. Its over on that part of town too!

Sorry we bummed out on our trip Sharief. It just didnt feel right. Anyway... ANXIOUSLY waiting for the 16th Dec guys...

Amit

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:25 am

conty1";p="6773 wrote: Thanks for the compliments Mehul. But Inder deserves more kudos. Awesome first time trap shooting... I bet he will soon be getting 25 badges but he'll definitely remember his first one ;)

Mehul and Inder... wanna go over to Farm & Fleet this Saturday? Maybe we can even stop by at the Aurora club. Its over on that part of town too!

Oi... bas bas or na chadao Chane ke jhaad par :D :D

Sure man we need to go to farm and fleet before 16th Dec as we need Orange Blaze vests for the shoot. You know guys I found a gun shop in Aurora named JR shooting sports. They have a AC pistol shooting range where they rent handguns. You can shoot as long as you want for just $19. So if you guys fancy some pistol shooting we can always take a look..
conty1";p="6773 wrote: ANXIOUSLY waiting for the 16th Dec guys...
Amit
Tell me about it.. I am even having dreams of Phesants now days :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Inder

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:56 am

Inder,

JR Shooting range is a farce. Same thing happened to me... when I asked them over the phone, it sounded too good to be true for $20 bucks. And it was. When I actually went in, they said with the gun rental and the ammo and some weird out of their ass charges, it would total to like $60. Even their gun prices are steeper then most places. The Walther P22 that I saw for 260 at one place is 300+ there.

Anyway... its 5 mins from my house... we could sure stop by if you want to have a look. It is a nice big store.

Amit

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:03 am

Amit,

$60 for how many rounds? for whole day? On their site they are saying that shoot as much as you can for $18 change. So if they are charging $60 for "as much as you can" time then I ll stand outside their shop before thy open and leave when they leave :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:.

Neway we can always visit them once and drool at their O/U shotguns .. :D

-Inder

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:13 am

I think that's just the range fees. Gun rental is around 30 and ammo would be extra. I am not sure how long the gun rental is for. I would think as long as you have ammo you could keep shooting. Still believe me... its not worth it. Let me take you to the Gatt guns in Dundee where I usually go. Between a friend and I, we usually buy a .22 brick and shoot for a couple of hours and end up spending around 35 each. I'll take you one of these weekends.

EDIT: Oh but you'll need a FOID... :( dont think you can actually shoot at either place!!!!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:19 am

conty1";p="6784 wrote: EDIT: Oh but you'll need a FOID... :( dont think you can actually shoot at either place!!!!
Hey No problem Amit, I am not much interested in shooting pistols. I ll better spend my $60 on six rounds of trap and concentrate on one thing...

-Inder