IFG Meet at Pune

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
NK007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IFG Meet at Pune

Post by NK007 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi shah..

As per our telecon ,welcom on board!!

for any other info pl pm or write to [email protected]

regards,

NK007

For Advertising mail webmaster
NK007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by NK007 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Attn: All participants of IFG meet in pune (2nd oct.09)

All arrangements of meet are over now...

2 days to go for ..... firing firing n firing... :wink:

We have approx more than 20 confirmed participation entries for this meet..so IFG meet new participation entries will come to an end very soon..

Interested members need to hurry up ..

with regards

NK007

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Dear Participants,
This to inform you that only .22 cal. & .32 cal pistols are allowed on the Pistol Ranges. Only .22 cal rifles are allowed on the Rifle ranges. Only .12 bore shotguns are allowed on the Trap & Skeet Ranges. Finally a fee of Rs 500/- will be charged to all participants for catering, range usage and other Balewadi infrastructure usage.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Regards

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 pm

hvj1,
great going in getting this do organised,looks like it's going to be a full house...I see your loc as Nagar....by any chance are you a serving or an ex Armd Corp officer,posted or settled there....
cheers & have fun
Last edited by Risala on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NK007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by NK007 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Dear participants of meet in pune,

see you all tomorrow 10am onwards at balewadi range.. :D

hope every one will enjoy this meet..

All IFG members-- request to give all your Goodwishes to make this Pune meet a Grand memorable Event !!

Warm Regards,

NK007

vikrant
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vikrant » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:19 am

Its a good idea , pls PM me about the date , time and place :D .

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Dear Friends,
The IFG Meet At Balewadi Sports City was a SMASH HIT! In all 22 like minded individuals landed up, notably 20 reached the venue ON TIME. We held our meeting in a FULLY AIR CONDITIONED Conference hall, where Ravi Sharma made his presentation on RKBA. Ravi had put in a lot of work, the LCD projector clicked away, facts after facts accompanied with pictures and comments. Following which we had a fairly animated discussion, the substance of which boiled down to positive affirmation of RKBA.
We then proceeded to the Shooting Ranges, where we bumped into Satish Shah. At the 10m shooting range, the shooters plugged away at the SIUS ASCOR electronic Target Systems (the very same technology used at the Beijing Olympics). Shah (not the actor) shot a decent group followed by MonishThakoor and NK007 took the third position. On the way to the FINALS Range, we had the singular honor of meeting up with Mr. D.K.Shukla and Anup Vinekar, who were the chief architects of the world class facilities created at Balewadi.
At the FINALS range, Sharp turned in a decent group with his Bernadelli, followed by others who took turns to pop away their pistols and revolvers.
A scrumptious Lunch followed( paner mutter, Chicken Sagwala, Chicken Schezwan(dry), dal, mixed vegetable pulao, chappatis,and Fruit Salad), which pepped up the dusty , grinning warriors. Reasonably satiated a few lit up and contemplated life in a benign manner, before walking up to the Trap & Skeet Ranges.
The skies were slightly overcast, as shotguns were uncased, hefted to get the feel and the machines ( Fully automatic Laporte same as Beijing) spewed the orange clays. Boom, boom, boom, some birds (clays) were shattered, while some sailed away gracefully without a nick! Equally gracefully and unfazed the shooters reloaded and blasted away . Applause greeted each hit. Monty3006 led the pack with aplomb! Followed by Manish,shah,z375,kru, Happy and almost everybody including two young ladies, recoil notwithstanding, were eager to smash the birds into smithreens!We lost track of time and stopped only after we ran out of cartridges! With BIG SMILES and some HUGE GRINS, we clapped each other on the shoulder as we trooped back for the final session.
Ensconsed once again in a.c. hall and deep deep velvet black leather sofas, we sipped our tea contendedly. Exchanaged views, ideas and laughed our collective heads off to a few very very interesting anecdotes.
We finally broke off at 8.00 p.m. a full TEN HOURS of really wholesum fun.
I thought that I should give you a synopsis of what transpired, but kindly bear with us for a couple of days, we will be back with photographs and accompanied comments on our collective shenanigans!
THANK YOU IFG for enabling us to have such a marvellous meet.

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Excellent! Some pic will make us (who couldn't participate) happy :)

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:19 pm

hvj1 has indeed given a nice description of the event.
It was a visual treat to see five world class ranges and actually make use of them.
The trap and skeet ranges was very interesting and monty3006 shared a lot of info on the sport.

A big Thank you to hvj1, nk007 and the range officials.

Very much looking forward to the next one.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:54 am

My hearty congratulations to all of you to have pulled this off so successfully and thank you for sharing the details with us.More power to you.Eagerly looking forward to photographs and reports from others. :cheers:

Best-

Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:51 am

A big Thanks to hvj1 and Nk007,
Friends these two guys really worked hard to give us a time of our life at a Range of international level, which otherwise would not have been possible for some like me.
Great Job Gentlemen.
Thanks and Regards.
Happy.

Shah
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Shah » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Thank you NK & hvj1 for organising the meet and all the hard work you guys did to make it happen,it was a pleasure to meet all members present and hope we can do this often.

Regards,
Shah

ravi.sharma
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by ravi.sharma » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello Everyone,

As all the members have mentioned, it was a marvellous experience and was one of the best weekends. All thanks to Mr. Nk & HVJ to arrange such a magnificent place for the meet. For everyones information, HVJ was one of the persons incharge or i can say the architect to structure the shooting range at Balewadi Pune. If i am not wrong, the range is ranking No. 1 in ASIA and No.3 all over the world. I thank HVJ and people like him, who have make this dream come true by establishing a STATE of ART and World Class ranges.

Further i want to thank each and every member for attending the presentation on RKBA and providing their valuable inputs, which was only possible with the help of NK & HVJ.

I hope for the next meet, we will have more members. Which i am very sure of, once the pictures are posted.

:cheers:
Ravi.
Believing Everybody is Dangerous; Believing Nobody is Very Dangerous..........

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Congrats guys for a successful event, please post some pics.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:47 am

Folks

Good going looking forward to pictures

Best