Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Arms License Application rejected

Post by Safarigent » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 pm

I had applied for a shotgun license under the sports category in delhi.
got a letter stating that my application for arms license under sports AND SELF DEFENSE has been rejected as there is no threat to my life.
i went to them and told them that i dont want a license under self defense and did not apply under that category where upon he said he have seen the self defense angle also.
as far as the sports category goes, he asked me to show him some certificates of competitions i had taken part in.
i told him that i am starting out now, to which he just shrugged his shoulders.
i then told him that the dr. karni singh ranges only let you hire guns if you have an arms license for shotguns, so how am i supposed to practise and take part in competitions if i dont have access to guns and if id ont have uncles and friends who can lend me their weapons to which he said that it wasnt his problem and i am free to appeal to the lg as stated in the letter.
such a sorry and sordid state of affairs.
anyway, i have printed all the material i have found and am meeting a lawyer tomorrow.
this appeal is going to knock their socks off!!!!
so please give me any tips you might have and send me your blessings!
:D
To Excellence through Diligence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by prashantsingh » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm

That's really bad Arjun.
Never knew getting an arms licence made would one day become so difficult.

joker
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by joker » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 pm

:banghead: these government people, won't listen a thing without a safarish or u need to have really deep pockets to fill up there never ending greed.
all the best Safarigent, hope to get ur license soon.
it would be of great help if u could refer to some authorities in this form which u will be using in court for the license under shooting category.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 am

feel ur pain brother
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 am

Never knew getting an arms licence made would one day become so difficult.
"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
so please give me any tips you might have and send me your blessings!
1) http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/R ... -36011.asp
2) http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13504
3) http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14497
4) http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p103621
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:39 am

Sorry to hear that Safarigent.
I wish you the best of luck with your appeal. A citizen should not have to be put through this rigmarole just to follow the law.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:17 am

Dear Safarigent,

It is indeed distressing to learn that your arms license application has been rejected on the basis of having to prove threat to your life first.

This is as a result of "Executive directives" issued by the Home Ministry to all licensing authorities in the country.

Even though security is a state subject, the centre has sent this directive in an advisory manner.

NAGRI was created to fight this menace.

These executive directives by the HM are bad in law and unconstitutional.
NAGRI successfully convinced the Parliamentary Standing Comittee on Home Affairs who roundly condemned these directives.

So, in other words, the reason your license application has been rejected is both unlawful and unconstitutional.

Unfortunately, even though there are more than a million law abiding gun owners in our country, NAGRI does not even have 2000 members to help fight this menace.

The next step is to take the matters up in the various courts of India, and, based on the opinions of learned law persons, we can win this.

This would require adequate representation (members) and adequate funds.

For example, if we were 100,000 members and each member would contribute Rs 20/-, we would be a powerful force in any court of law.

Meanwhile, we shall try whatever is possible to help you and other applicants in a similar position.

Rahoul Rai

President

NAGRI

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:19 am

Dear Gentlemen,
It is indeed heartening to read your replies and it gladdens the heart.
I have downloaded various copies of court rulings to take to the layer today and i shall keep everyone posted through this forum.
has anyone here had his appeal successfully heard in delhi?
I could get a few pointers from him/her.
regards,
Safarigent
Last edited by Safarigent on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:01 pm

skeetshot wrote:Dear Safarigent,

It is indeed distressing to learn that your arms license application has been rejected on the basis of having to prove threat to your life first.

This is as a result of "Executive directives" issued by the Home Ministry to all licensing authorities in the country.

Even though security is a state subject, the centre has sent this directive in an advisory manner.

NAGRI was created to fight this menace.

These executive directives by the HM are bad in law and unconstitutional.
NAGRI successfully convinced the Parliamentary Standing Comittee on Home Affairs who roundly condemned these directives.

So, in other words, the reason your license application has been rejected is both unlawful and unconstitutional.

Unfortunately, even though there are more than a million law abiding gun owners in our country, NAGRI does not even have 2000 members to help fight this menace.

The next step is to take the matters up in the various courts of India, and, based on the opinions of learned law persons, we can win this.

This would require adequate representation (members) and adequate funds.

For example, if we were 100,000 members and each member would contribute Rs 20/-, we would be a powerful force in any court of law.

Meanwhile, we shall try whatever is possible to help you and other applicants in a similar position.

Rahoul Rai

President

NAGRI

Dear Rahoul,

Pls refer to my post below:

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 9&start=30

We are all united for this cause.

Pls let us know how can we lend our support financially in favor of NAGRI? Let NAGRI be one body fighting for RKBA rather than us trying to contribute to NRAI or any other associations.

All we need is guidance on how we can contribute to this cause. While the response for NAGRI forms may not have been as encouraging as it should have been, comrades here did try their best in spreading the word across. Even in that thread you may see how many comrades here have asked as to where should our contributions be sent, but there has been no direction there.

With all due respects sir, if 100000 MAY NOT be willing to contribute Rs 20/-, we still have atleast 1000 NAGRI members who MAYBE willing to contribute atleast Rs 2000/- towards this cause :!:

All it requires is a calling a direction. Contributing financially is the least that I can do to show my prudence & support to this cause, if not time.

Looking forward to hearing from the torch-bearers on the way forward,

Cheers,
Rup
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:58 pm

lets support for his ifgians....
Thanks

GANESH TT

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:01 pm

shadow wrote:
skeetshot wrote:Dear Safarigent,
With all due respects sir, if 100000 MAY NOT be willing to contribute Rs 20/-, we still have atleast 1000 NAGRI members who MAYBE willing to contribute atleast Rs 2000/- towards this cause :!:

All it requires is a calling a direction. Contributing financially is the least that I can do to show my prudence & support to this cause, if not time.

Cheers,
Rup
I agree completely. Need NAGRI to lead the battle from front. We are ready to help, and definitely much more than Rs. 20 each.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:10 pm

shadow wrote:
skeetshot wrote:Dear Mr Safarigent,

Rahoul Rai

President

NAGRI

Dear Rahoul,

Pls refer to my post below:

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 9&start=30

We are all united for this cause.

Pls let us know how can we lend our support financially in favor of NAGRI? Let NAGRI be one body fighting for RKBA rather than us trying to contribute to NRAI or any other associations.

All we need is guidance on how we can contribute to this cause. While the response for NAGRI forms may not have been as encouraging as it should have been, comrades here did try their best in spreading the word across. Even in that thread you may see how many comrades here have asked as to where should our contributions be sent, but there has been no direction there.

Cheers,
Rup
The feeling is mutual, a lot of forum members some times feels out of circle to whats been progressing in the fight for NAGRI & RKBA, other than some occasional comments from vetrans like Abhijeet, Rahoul and Naga and ofcourse Good boy mentor needs an honourable mention here we feel left out as what is going on out of the forum, i think many members including me would like to advice the mods to start a separate thread which should be updated with all the progreses on the said issues which should be one stop for all the issues, recent developments etc related to NAGRI, RKBA and the airgun licensing case so that when ever members log into IFG they can get an immediate update of whats hot and happening rather then getting pieces of info from scaterred threads.

I would like to assure the mods, torchbearers of RKBA and NAGRI that we are with you and would support you with financial aid as well as with our time (as possible), but we need to be guided by people we trust and right now many people are feeling as left out or confused with random threads giving bits and pieces of info rather than a complete package.

Regards

Frosty

joker
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by joker » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:07 pm

:agree:

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:16 am

update:
the appeal has been filed in the court of the L.G.
will shortly get a hearing date.
wish me luck guys.
:D

umeetbabu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by umeetbabu » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:13 am

good luck