Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by avi88 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:38 am

Bhargav wrote:
avi88 wrote:Today order has been passed by LG to grant me a firearm license. I would like to thank Arjun for this as he took the initiative and I followed him.
Congrats man, so did you get the license in India ?

I believe you still need the import license to get the firearm on TR from Australia correct ?

Yes, order has been passed yesterday, licensing will issue by following its on course.

Well I have worked out import procedure & have had import permit issued twice before in Australia. As I didn't get license in India, I didn't bring the firearm with me coz I didnt want it to end up in customs detention for unknown period at IGI.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Mission Accomplished!

Post by Safarigent » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Avi88, i am sorry as i had not visited this thread in quite a while and didnt know about your thing. Well done and congratulations my friend!
To Excellence through Diligence.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 pm

avi88 wrote:
Bhargav wrote:
avi88 wrote:Today order has been passed by LG to grant me a firearm license. I would like to thank Arjun for this as he took the initiative and I followed him.
Congrats man, so did you get the license in India ?

I believe you still need the import license to get the firearm on TR from Australia correct ?

Yes, order has been passed yesterday, licensing will issue by following its on course.

Well I have worked out import procedure & have had import permit issued twice before in Australia. As I didn't get license in India, I didn't bring the firearm with me coz I didnt want it to end up in customs detention for unknown period at IGI.
So now do you plan to buy it in India?

avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by avi88 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I have imported my browning 1910 on 22th November as accompanied baggage. Everything from acquiring license to getting arm endorsement has been done by 20th Dec.

I am quite sure, I will get harassed on renewal of my license same as Safarigent.

Let's see what happens next year.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 am

avi88 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have imported my browning 1910 on 22th November as accompanied baggage. Everything from acquiring license to getting arm endorsement has been done by 20th Dec.

I am quite sure, I will get harassed on renewal of my license same as Safarigent.

Avi, you need to get import license from India correct ? and export license from aus, no ?

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 am

Bhargav wrote:

Avi, you need to get import license from India correct ? and export license from aus, no ?
I dont know about the import license but you need to get an export license from the Australian customs...

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 am

surajshuresh wrote:
Bhargav wrote:

I dont know about the import license but you need to get an export license from the Australian customs...
So does australian customs require import license from your home country to issue australian export license ?

here is the US they will issue one time export license only if you have import license from your home country :( I envy you guys :(

avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by avi88 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:09 am

No, Australian customs doesn't need import license to issue an export license. If you are going to claim transfer of residence with Indian customs, you don't need import license.

In case of renowned shooters, they need import license.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:44 am

avi88 wrote:No, Australian customs doesn't need import license to issue an export license. If you are going to claim transfer of residence with Indian customs, you don't need import license.

In case of renowned shooters, they need import license.
Oh wow lucky guys !

Let me do some research here in the US, it at all it is possible :)

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:11 pm

An interesting end to the saga. Last time they had not renewed my license for three years as is customary and granted a renewal for only one year. When i insisted they write the reason for not doing so in the license as per law, i was threatened that the alternative was to surrender my license with them and deposit my fire arms with an armoury. As the nationals were around the corner, i decided that prudence was the call of the hour. I did not know how fast they would complete their proceedings while i would be without my shotgun at the mist crucial stage.
I took the renewal for one year and walked out.
End result:
I was called a few days back to get my renewal done. The L.A apologized about the previous experience during renewal and was quite civil.
Ten minutes, in and out!
Renewal in hand till 2015!
Who says there are no gun rights in India.
We just gotta fight for them!
Last edited by Safarigent on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Safarigent wrote: End result:
I was called a few days back to get my renewal done.
Ten minutes, in and out!
Renewal in hand till 2015!
Who says there are no gun rights in India.
We just gotta fight for them!
Congratulations Arjun.
I was shocked when they refused to renew your licence for three years earlier.I am glad better sense prevailed amongst our "sarkaari karamcharis". You have worked so hard and put in all the effort,time and money. More importantly you have had the selfbelief that you can do it ..........against all odds.
This post is an inspiration to all new shooters. It tells us not to be bogged down under insolent might. Teaches us to fight back .
I strongly recommend this thread for the "Poster of the Month" award. Simply because of it essence of RKBA . Something IFG stands for.
Last edited by prashantsingh on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:05 am

You are kind to say so sir.along the way, what shuld have been a matter of course has become a sordid, exhausting fight.
I just hope that people go through this post and realize that yes, it can be done.
We just need to stand up and fight.
And fight for what?
Something that is enshrined as our right in the arms act!!
So why dont we?

avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by avi88 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 am

Congrats for renewal Arjun,
They have tendency to harass people, those fight for their rights & get the license against their wishes. They tried their best to harass me just over endorsement of imported weapon. Idiot said we don't have enough knowledge about endorsing imported arms, this is first time I am doing. I said, well are paid to do so and it's your job to find out. Anyway they made me waiting till 4.30 and still I had go back next day as their boss walked out of office, who was going pass the order of endorsement. Next day around 11 am whe I get there, file was signed. Still they they took an hour for endorsement.

Amazing thing is, I have witnessed my self while I was waiting there for whole day, how much they oblige bureaucrats & politicians. They sent one person to get the form signed from some top bureaucrat in Delhi. Whoa license was expired an year ago, .45 caliber pistol endorsed, no weapon number on license, no arms inspection done, all India validity continued without any query. License was returned to his office within an our of collection after renewal.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 am

Congratulations Arjun. If you don't mind me asking, what questions did you ask in the RTI?

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Got my license renewed yesterday. They renewed it for 2 years. Saying the original issue was for 1 year, now + 2 years and from next cycle it will get to the normal 3 year cycle.

Didn't consider it a battle worth fighting, bigger one coming up.

Applying for a Handgun license tomorrow for SD, quite convinced it will be rejected. Will appeal at the LG my self this time and not hire a lawyer.