NSP handguns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Status of COD issued weapons

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

This matter is already discussed in this forum. Please read the following thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16649
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks Goodboymentor.
But reading it i understand that the weapon can not be transferred to a civilian.
regards..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:18 pm

How have you come to the conclusion that the weapon can not be transferred to a civilian? Have you read SAO 4/S/2006?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Sir,
facts of the case are as below.
Col Rathore had two sets of allegations against him, 1) that he had sold a COD issue 30 rifle to some owner of a prathisthan who is absconding since. 2) he had purchased some more weapons from the civilian side without informing his CO, he was absolved in the first allegation as he had not sold any such weapon and the middle man refused to recognize him but the tribunal allowed him to be prosecuted in the second allegation as it is mandatory of an army officer to inform his superiors for any of his purchase.
I could not lay my hand on the so called SAO 4/S/2006 order it was not available on the net but with the help of Google, was able to go to a page by a retd Col.Kohli who has published this document for the MOD to be given to retired soldiers. at

http://indianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/ ... p_call.pdf

at para 45 he instructs how to deal with NSP weapons in which he mentions that they have to be returned to the COD jabalpur. and the sale is governed by the Army act of 1959 chapter 2.
no where it is clear that it can be sold to civilians .
if you have any further info please let me know sir, the HSC is a very beautiful piece and a war trophy from Bangladesh..and i do not want to let it go..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 pm

I do not have any information. You will have to find out the information you need. Above facts do not lead to the conclusion that NSP weapons cannot be sold to civilians. On the contrary the document says sale is governed by the provisions of Arms Act 1959 with prior sanction of the Standing Allotment Committee. If you really want to buy the weapon, do an RTI and get copy of SAO 4/S/2006. It will make matters more clear to you. Also do not forget to share the copy of SAO 4/S/2006 on that thread.

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

i think its not the arms act of 1959 but the army act of 1959

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm

It appears to be a typing mistake by author of that document. There is nothing called Army Act 1959. There is Army Act 1950 and Arms Act 1959. Army Act 1950 is not related to regulating sale and purchase of arms. Section 54 of Army Act 1950 talks about making away with arms which are property of government. Doing a sale by following the provisions of Arms Act 1959 is not equal to making away with government arms. Copy of SAO 4/S/2006 probably will make things even more clear to you.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 pm

officially no NSP wepaon issued from Army can be sold to a civillian.all such weapons cant even be transferred to anyone other than another army personel provided army headquarters clears his name.these rules havent changed.there was already a court of inquiry ordered on such illegal sales where a number of army personell have been punished for such illegal sales and these weapons have also been recovered.even if u get duped by some retired army personel is accepting such weapons,there can always be lot of problems if something untoward happens and when the authenticity of such weapons then gets checked.i suggest stay away from such wepaons

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 pm

I would refrain from jumping to sweeping personal conclusions and conjectures without reading SAO 4/S/2006.

Where is the problem if the sale is done by the following provisions of Arms Act 1959 with prior sanction of the Standing Allotment Committee?

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:58 pm

If Army officers are restricted to sell weapons allotted to them from the COD, then why members of parliament who get customs seized weapons allotted to them sell them at a profit, or government officials also can sell such weapons...
How can the Govt. snatch some thing from a legal buyer on a pretext that weapons can not be brought into India, so as not to increase the civil pool of weapons and at the same time give the weapon to MPs , ek se cheen kar doosre ko dena....I personally feel that the largest unjust decisions are taken by the govt..

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: NSP handguns

Post by casual shooter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:42 am

Whats the conclusion...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:14 pm

The conclusion is simple. Do an RTI to get copy of SAO 4/S/2006 or latest the SAO related to this matter. Read it and then go ahead accordingly.

Mahendrathar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mahendrathar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 am

Dear all,
I have the army order and can't share it because it's RESTRICTED.
It clearly says the following
You can't sell the weapon nor transfer it.
After you,it will be given back to army.
If you already have a weapon you can only transfer it to a serving or retired ARMY personnel.
Best regards..
Mahendra

Mahendrathar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mahendrathar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Can't put it here, if u want more details on the particular paper pls free to contact me.

Regards

vishudjb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vishudjb » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:43 pm

If any Authorize person interested in ,38 rev can contact .I am retired