Regarding Area Extension of Licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Akash Mishra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Regarding Area Extension of Licence

Post by Akash Mishra » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 pm

My licence is from Satna (M.P) for total M.P. area & i want to extend it to C.G as i have now shifted to raipur & have purchased my own house there. so wats is d procedure?
Does the DM/SDM/Collectors have authority to extend area for at least Home + 1 states.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Regarding Area Extension of Licence

Post by Vineet » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Area validity can be allowed for maximum three adjoining states + home state. The powers are with the Secretary (Home) of the state (M.P in your case) on the recommendations of the DM concerned.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Sirs, Madams,

I got my revolver license in October'12 for all UP, I want to apply for extension of area for Delhi, Haryana & Rajsthan.
Some one told me that I can apply only after completion of 6 months, and there will be a police verification AGAIN from the location of license issue and from my native city in UP.

On the contrary I have heard that the police report is valid for 6 months, thus is the person above telling me the wrong information to fleece me later?

Should I apply now to benefit from validity of police report and only work from Lucknow be left.

Please advice.

Cheers....

hardeepsinghbedi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hardeepsinghbedi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Akash Mishra wrote:My licence is from Satna (M.P) for total M.P. area & i want to extend it to C.G as i have now shifted to raipur & have purchased my own house there. so wats is d procedure?
Does the DM/SDM/Collectors have authority to extend area for at least Home + 1 states.

Dear Akash,

DM/SDM/Collectors doesn't have power to extend your area validity at all. What you need to do is apply for the area extension with DM with a application saying that you have purchased the house in Raipur and attach your new house property papers with area extension application. You will need to explain this to DM and after his approval your police verification will be done. After your police verification your application will be sent to home department for approval from Home secretary. This process can take about few months so when they send your application to Home department, please meet the home department superintendent to put the application to Home secretary.
With Regards,

Hardeep Singh Bedi

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 pm

pls advice

Tango_ Charli
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tango_ Charli » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:41 pm

hardeepsinghbedi wrote:
Akash Mishra wrote:My licence is from Satna (M.P) for total M.P. area & i want to extend it to C.G as i have now shifted to raipur & have purchased my own house there. so wats is d procedure?

Dear Akash,

DM/SDM/Collectors doesn't have power to extend your area validity at all. What you need to do is apply for the area extension with DM with a application saying that you have purchased the house in Raipur and attach your new house property papers with area extension application. You will need to explain this to DM and after his approval your police verification will be done. After your police verification your application will be sent to home department for approval from Home secretary. This process can take about few months so when they send your application to Home department, please meet the home department superintendent to put the application to Home secretary.

In this process, Wheather the licence are attached with the application or not

sainikji
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sainikji » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Recently one of my friend applied for area extension of his licence to three more states but has been denied the same for one of the states on the ground that he is having no property in that particular state and in view of new notification guidelines, in a state where the applicant is not having immovable property, the extension for that state cannot be granted.

Though it is so explicitly stated in the said guidelines, BUT my friend wants to know whether he can contest the said refusal. Any legal precedents/judgments in support?

The esteemed LEGAL PUNDITS members of this form please do respond.

:cheers:

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Please don't think I am a legal pundit. Arms are fundamental right under Articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution. Arms Act 1959 is just a regulatory law flowing from these Articles to regulate this fundamental right. Property is not a required condition for issue or increase of area validity of license. Also there is Supreme Court judgment saying that guidelines cannot override the provisions of law. It can be read in the following post http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17298 Moreover those MHA guidelines appear illegal and unconstitutional. Yes your friend can surely contest the refusal. Since arms are fundamental right, the State is under burden to justify denial of license under Arms Act 1959.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Sirs,
I am told that by rule authorities have stopped giving All India validity anymore....is it true?

Cheers..