Got my new arms licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Got my new arms licence

Post by Kistenze » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello friends
I just got my new arms licence from Punjab . All I want to know is what is the procedure to include adjoining states like Haryana , himachal and Chandigarh in my arms licence. I am a businessman with my company branches in Haryana and himachal so I usually have to travel to all these states y Chandigarh.
Please guide

Amrit

For Advertising mail webmaster
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Got my new arms licence

Post by Katana » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Wouldn't Chandigarh be included in the geographical limitations of your license, since it is the capital of Punjab and your license is Punjab issued? In that case you could add Rajasthan, being contiguous to Punjab.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 pm

HI Kistenze,

congrats. The adjacent state/area permit is sole discretion of the licensing authority or the DM. You need to justify your need for this.

In recent time a lot of licenses have been limited to their district. However some were fortune enough to get state wide without any special requests.

All the best.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Katana, Chandigarh being a Union Territory is not included in Punjab. I had applied for area extension in my license and the three states that were included in addition to Punjab were Harayana, Rajasthan and Chandigarh. At the same time my brother got permission for Harayana, Rajasthan and Delhi.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:43 am

Vineet Armoury

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:01 pm

congrats kistenze
Thanks

GANESH TT

Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kistenze » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks vineet
So I have to forward my application vya DM to Mp ? And also is it necessary to own a property in your name in these states ?

Regards
Amrit

Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kistenze » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Thx Ganesh and stamp master cheers !

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 pm

I am not sure if this would be applicable to other states as well but from Karnataka this is how it works. When we manage to get our arms license its by default valid only within the city limits eg. Bangalore Only. We need to buy a weapon in order to have it extended to all Karnataka. The licencing authority would insist that there be a three month gap from the time of purchasing the weapon only then would they accept the application. It actually is easy to have it extended to the state.

There after there needs to be a 12 month gap from the date of purchase of the weapon to have the license extended to All India. We need to submit the original license to MHA along with a good reason which has to be supported with relevant documents. For example if we have a business in another part of the country the registration papers of the business, if we travel regularly air tickets and hotel bills. There is no fixed set of rules to have it extended across India but a valid reason is required. Even with minimal documents applications are rarely declined.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Kistenze wrote:Thanks vineet
So I have to forward my application vya DM to Mp ? And also is it necessary to own a property in your name in these states ?

Regards
Amrit
No it's not necessary to own property but you will have to give some reason as why you need area extension. For example I showed them newspaper reporter id card of mine and said that I need to go to other states for reporting etc. Some show business documents and say that they need to carry heavy cash to and from other states. Similarly there are many reasons that you can give them.

The application is via ADM to principal Secretary (home) of the state concerned.
Vineet Armoury

Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kistenze » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks vineet

Will apply along with proof of my company's branches along with some other documents. Let's c how far I get . Will revert back with updates.

Thank you all for your advices and experiences

Regards
Amrit

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Kistenze,

Congratulations on having got an arms licence. Which weapon have you bought or are planning to buy?

All the best.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kistenze » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Thx miroflex

It's bernardelli 7.65 of my late grandfather which will be registered on my license by next week.

Regards

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Congratulations on your power to possess Kistenze very nice - you have heritage fire arms! Enjoy! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kistenze » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Thx every one , applied for the extension to three states Haryana ,hp,Chandigarh ......One of them said it's very difficult and it's been not done from long time. Let's c what happens finger crossed.