Application for fresh Arms License

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
prashantchandila
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Application for fresh Arms License

Post by prashantchandila » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:33 pm

my regards to all the fellow members in this forum.
i have some queries regarding the submission of arms license application.
I am working as an Inspector of Central Excise and customs. My department loans weapons that are available with the department as well as there is a procedure for allotment of 'confiscated weapons' on loan basis till my retirement. These are the same weapons that are allotted to MPs and VIPs on purchase basis.

Where should i apply for an Arms License which is the first criterion for allotment of the confiscated weapons and departmental weapons?

Do i need to get any kind of certificate to show that i am capable of handling weaopons (I have my training certificate from my academy but it is for the whole course and not for the weapon training.

I would request the members to share their expertise and experience if any.
Last edited by prashantchandila on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Application for fresh Arms License

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:06 am

Dear Prashant,

I am aware of the following points.
1. You need to have a regular arms License to get guns.
2, After you get your license you can apply for All India Valdity
3. After getting the License you can apply to the Commissioner Customs Warehousing for allotment of a weapon.
4. All the seized weapons are now shifted to Delhi and allotted from there,

I do not know the criteria followed for allotment of the weapon, but I know some people from your department who applied for allotment but the waiting period was so long that they bought the weapons from the open market. However, you can buy ammunition from the ware house at very reasonable rates. As far as I know imported 0.32 pistol and revolver cartridges are available for Rs 15 each.

Regards

Atul

prashantchandila
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Application for fresh Arms License

Post by prashantchandila » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks mr. Atul.

I have talked to a retired commissoner who has advised me to apply from my native place and provide details of current residence and workplace also.
I would visit my hometown in july and start the procedure.