Getting a UIN in Delhi - personal experience

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Getting a UIN in Delhi - personal experience

Post by chicky » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:34 pm

I would also like to share my pleasant experience with the Delhi Police in getting the UIN. I was called on the 15th August and the entire exercise took less than 10 minutes.
Well done, Delhi Police...keep it up.

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am

Seems so well organised every where except Gurgaon. Here they are not even serious about it. But for getting any endorsement or renewal it is required, hence they expect that whenever something like that comes up they will issue an UIN and then do the job, They themselves are in no hurry to do it.

Atul

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Hello,

I got my UIN yesterday. The process was the epitome of efficiency by Delhi Police Licencing Branch !!

Got my SMS last week asking me to report at 12:00-12:15. I had a bit of work around 1pm, so to be on the safe side I thought I'll go there early and get it done. Reached the station by 1130, and this polite cop asked me to wait since my time was 12 and handed over a very basic form to fill with contact information and hold till I reached the counter. There was a tent kind of shade put up right outside the entrance and chairs and drinking water, for people to wait. He would ask every person coming in about their slot and politely either send them in or make them sit, without any kind of jugaad or slippage. He kept reiterating that it was a 5 minute procedure, and no one needs to get hassled.

About 11:55 he asked people to line up as per their first names, since there are 4 counters, divided by alphabet of first name. I was luckily 2nd in line. At sharp 12, three people from each line were sent in to their respective counters. First counter took the form, checked my name against a list and noted down by UIN on the form itself, and sent me to the second counter in 60 seconds. At the second counter, the person took another 60 seconds to locate my UIN sticker and paste it on my licence. An additional two minutes were spent because the 2nd counter person had not reached his chair by the time I got there. But this was ALL !!!

So essentially in 4 minutes, the process was complete and I was out of the building. AMAZING !!! cheers to them for managing it so well.
I would guess even the last person in line would have been free within 30 minutes MAX !!

What was refreshing was the politeness, firmess, systematic process and ease of completion....

~C

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Very encouraging firsthand report Chandan22 - thank you!

Good job Delhi Police - water, tent, extreme politeness, regular reassurances about time taken, and bang on time - IMPRESSIVE - WOW! :clap: (y)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Chandan,

That was an effortless job organised by Delhi Police.
Today I went to the LA in Gurgaon to see if the UIN had been allotted or not. There were two people there and I was the third one. The LA fellow dumped a bunch of licenses in front of me to find mine, but before I could start the fellow next to me searching for his license came across mine (recognized from my photograph) and handed it over to me. I thanked the LA fellow and walked out.
Total time taken two days. 90 seconds on day one to get the receiving of my license. Day two 90 seconds to pick up my license.
Like I mentioned earlier every thing is very casual in Gurgaon or probably they recognize most of the license holders by face. :D

Atul

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:11 pm

What a couple of perfect days for you aadhaulya!

90 + 90 and you do a 180 - turn and back home again! Truly effortless! :lol: (y)

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Just checked with the Arms clerk, and was told that UIN were already allotted to each Arms file but have not been written on the Arms licenses. Apparently we would all be issued stickers that will be pasted in our licenses. For now my papers submitted for renewal have moved from SHO after verification to DCP office and then forwarded to Comm.'s office(this step was not there last renewal). After that to Home Secretary's office and once cleared, a letter will be sent to me which must be taken along with the Arms License for stamping of renewal.
Anand

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 am

Does each licence get a UIN even if both if them are isued from the same authority but for different weapons

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:57 pm

If you have two booklets and both are for NPB firearms, they will combine the booklets and place the sticker on the new booklet.

If you have one PB and one NPB booklet, the two booklets will continue as they are but will be issued the same UIN which will be entered on both booklets - in Delhi this is in the form of a sticker that they paste on the last page of the booklets.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Mundaire I got only one UIN for both my all india valid licences issued from the same authority.have also been given a applicant number with which i can acess my details?wonder which website is this.both my firearms are NPB

gunshyam62
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gunshyam62 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:48 pm

My experience with Delhi Police licensing authority is similarly very good. I found them exceeding our expectations each time we needed to reach them for anything. I see that there office has an ISO rating not for nothing!

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:53 am

Nice, nice, defenitely a step in the right direction - thanks for sharing your experiences gentlemen! :cheers:

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi,

This is an old topic coming into limelight again.. as there has been news that the last day for NDAL will be 31st March 2017 (one reason is delay by National Informatics Centre).

As bureaucracy prevails, this registration news been circulating word of mouth. Friends have mentioned that the news of registration was in some small time newspaper to for NDAL.

Last time during renewal of AL, some number has been written on the booklet, I guess it is the NDAL ID. However, if someone can give an example (no. of digits etc) I can get the number verified with family. I am currently travelling.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

kanwar19
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kanwar19 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:33 am

Hi all.

I am an NRI and missed my renewal in April 2016. Am visiting India in December. Would I be able to get it renewed easily or should expect some serious hassles. Plus I do not have any UIN number. Thanks in advance.